Chapter 12 - #HappyHayoungDay

We Got Married Season 6

NOTE: Because it is July 19... :)


Hayoung's POV

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYOUNG-AH!!!!” All of my A-Pink eonnis, all of the EXO oppas, and Taemin oppa cheered as the clock struck 12. The gazebo that seemed too dark before now lit up with shiny, beautiful light bulbs shaped like small stars.

“Sehun – ah…” I turned to the direction of the voice that called Sehun oppa and saw Luhan oppa coming towards him with a cake that had long candles on them. Sehun oppa lit the candles one by one first before bringing it in front of me.

“Saeng-il chukha hamnida… Saeng-il chukha hamnida… Saranghaneun Hayoung – ee… Saeng-il chukha hamnida!!!” Everyone sang and clapped their hands. After the birthday song, I prepared myself to blow the candles.

“Make a wish first…” I heard Chorong eonni say, and so I did. I closed my eyes and wished.

First is a wish for me and my family. I wished that we will continue to be prosperous and that we’ll continue to love and support each other. I made a quick peek at my eonnis and made a wish that we’d be safe every time and that we’ll be beside each other even when we’re older and live our separate lives. I also made a wish for the EXO oppas…I prayed for their health and their continuous success. Lastly I looked at Sehun oppa. I prayed that he’d still be by my side even after we end “We Got Married.” The thought of it made me sad, but I know that we’re still in the reality that one day, we’ll have to part ways in “We Got Married”…and when that time comes, I just hope I’d still be able to be with oppa even as friends. I prayed for his health as well.

“Amen.” I said finally and blew all my candles. Everyone seemed to glow and I felt happy. I got to spend my birthday with the people I care about the most. This may just be the happiest birthday celebration I had so far.

After the blowing of candles, the group led me to the tables that they had set up. All of my favorite food were there…I especially loved that there’s meat! We were like a family seated together sharing stories and experiences as trainees. They also shared their thoughts and stuff that they noticed about me and Sehun oppa while watching our broadcasts and after being with us in person.

“I don’t think I have ever seen Sehun acting like this and preparing these kinds of events…I never imagined him to be like this at all…” Chen oppa teased.

“Aiyoo…this hyung, really!” Sehun oppa protested.

“He’s right…” Suho oppa started. “I mean I didn’t think Sehun would be the type to suddenly grab his girl’s hand…even in front of us…am I right, Hayoung – ah?” Suho oppa continued while teasing me as well. I realized he saw that Sehun oppa is now holding my hand…and I liked that he didn’t let go even after Suho oppa mentioned it.

“Really, I think you’re worse than Naeun eonni and Taemin oppa…” Namjoo eonni commented.

“What? No we’re not!” I protested.

“Oh, trust me…you are!” Naeun eonni said and Taemin oppa agreed. Omona, these people, really…

“But, Hayoung – ssi?” I looked as Lay oppa called my name. “Have you ever thought about what would happen if you and Sehun ends “We Got Married”?” They must have noticed the sudden change in my mood because I heard Tao oppa saying “Hyung…” in a worried voice to Lay oppa…I just smiled and took my hand away from Sehun oppa for the moment.

“It’s okay…” I started to explain. “I have thought of that…I think thinking of “We Got Married” ending is inevitable for every couple who joins. I also think that it’s normal for a couple to question if the other person was being genuine… I mean, we can’t help it. It is, after all, still a reality show. But when I do think of it, I’ll just shrug it off and tell myself that, if I keep on thinking about our ending, how am I supposed to enjoy the “us” that is happening now.” I said…it somehow felt like I am opening myself up to everyone, but I didn’t care…not at the moment.

“Our Hayoung – ee’s matured so much…” Chorong eonni said and everyone agreed. I don’t everyone realized…Sehun oppa has contributed a lot to the maturity that I am feeling now.

“And besides…” Sehun oppa suddenly said. “Even if we end “We Got Married”, we do live in the same building. I can come barge in at Hayoung – ee’s apartment if I miss her too much.” Sehun oppa continued making everyone laugh.

“Omo, oppa!” I said while jokingly hitting him and laughing. Sehun oppa then grabbed my hand with his one hand and wrapped his other arm around me. We continued with more stories after that.

When we finished our mini party, each and everyone helped in cleaning. Then the members left since Sehun oppa said he’ll be the one to take me home. We stayed at the gazebo for a few more minutes after everyone has left.

“It’s so beautiful…” I said while gazing at the stars. I then suddenly felt Sehun oppa hugging me from the back.

“I’ve missed you so much, Hayoung – ah…” He said and I place my hands on top of his. “I’ve missed you too, oppa…” I said.

That time, I somehow got scared again. I couldn’t explain what I was feeling towards Sehun oppa. Have I fallen in love with him? Has he fallen for me? It’s all a mystery to me…I am scared to find out the answers…but at the moment, I’m just happy because I am with oppa, and oppa is with me.