Chapter 17 (a) - Side Story (NamJin)

A Complicated Regard

The doorbell ringed a loud ‘ding-dong’ and needless to say, Jin’s breathe hitched in excitement and nervousness. He took exactly three steps backwards and fisted his hands into balls, contemplating whether or not to open the door.

Oh my god, it’s today! He’s here. He’s right outside!

 

To explain the ongoing situation, let’s go on a journey back in time. Exactly twenty minutes ago…

 

 

 

Jin’s elder sister called out his name for the third time and asked if he would be back for dinner. Jin just replied, yelling back all the way from his room. “Obviously. What do you expect?”

“Oh I don’t know,” his sister teased and walked into the room only to find a frantic looking Jin, searching and probing for something specific in his closet. “You’re out with your boyfriend. What can I expect?”

Jin blushed furiously to hear his own sister so but he dismissed it with a roll of the eyes. He didn’t have the time to amuse his sister. Not when his ever so perfect boyfriend was on his way to his house right at that moment with the sole intention of taking him out on a “perfect date”.

Honestly speaking, Jin was a little bit too excited to hear the silver haired president be so enthusiastic about the date that he had planned out so brilliantly. And his interest piqued even more when the younger refused to reply on being asked what he had planned. The only thing he revealed was this: “Wear something warm”.

So there he was; trying to find his favorite jacket to go over his loose t-shirt. And he thought the outfit looked great until…

 

“Aren’t the clothes a little too simple for your date?” his elder sister asked curiously, out of what reason, no one could ever figure out. Maybe she was suggesting that his clothes were a little too simple or maybe she was just trying to even more. But whatever her intention was, Jin just replied with an animalistic annoyed groan and pouted. “Noona!” His sister simply shrugged her shoulders and clicked her tongue. It was amusing to see her perfect brother being so frantic. It was cute.

“I’m joking,” his sister admitted but that didn’t reduce the worry on Jin’s pretty face. Stupid noona and her stupid comments…

“You look fine, Jin,” she assured and finally handed her brother the jacket he was searching for. It lay on the bed in plain sight and yet Jin was unable to see it because of his frenzy.

 

 

Fast forward fifteen minutes and one would find Jin standing right behind the doorway of his house, waiting (very creepily, if I might add) for the doorbell to ring. With an amused smile, his sister stood near the staircase, watching and observing every move that her lovely brother would make.

“You don’t seem eager at all, Kim Seokjin,” she teased again, the sarcasm in her tone very well displayed for the world to see. Jin resorted not to listen to his ever so supportive sister. Ah, the perks of having a sister…

 

All of a sudden, the doorbell rang and all hell broke loose. Which wasn’t really true because nothing chaotic happened. Well, if you called the sudden stopping of all bodily movements of the red haired vice president in the middle of the hallway of his house chaotic then yes, all hell broke loose.

 

! He’s here. Oh my god, he’s here. He’s early. !

“Yah,” his sister snapped after a minute of utter silence. “Answer the damn door!” In all honesty, Jin would’ve loved to. But his damn body suddenly shut down.

With an amused chortle, his sister briskly ramped up to the door and opened it before Jin could stop her and what met the siblings was a handsome young man with a bright smile, waiting patiently. His smile widened even more to see the red head inside the house and Oh those dimples!

“Hi,” Namjoon wished and bowed to Jin’s elder sister. At least someone was reacting normally.

“You must be Namjoon, right?” Jin’s sister asked and held out her hand but Jin simply pulled Namjoon away before he could reach her hand and interrupted the introductions. “On second thoughts, don’t wait up for me,” he said and slammed the door shut.

Namjoon chuckled, his sonorous laugh escaping his lips, penetrating Jin’s weak little heart, making his weak knee-d all the more. “What?” he managed to ask even though he was entirely sure why his perfect boyfriend was laughing.

“Nothing,” Namjoon simply replied and caught his boyfriend’s hand. “Did I ever mention that you’re so interesting?” he said and slithered his fingers to intertwine with Jin’s. Jin smiled and bit his lips, trying his hardest not to blush like a pre teen. God, by the time the date ended, he would be dead by then…

 

 

Namjoon’s plan was very well thought. He intended for a simple date where they would eat homemade snacks in the park in the middle of the night and stargaze. Yeah, it was the ideal date and Namjoon had been planning it ever since he had that ‘perfect’ dream. However, being the ever so forgetful person that he was, he completely forgot that IT WAS FRIGGEN MONSOON and that it rained every night despite the days being not very cloudy.

Well, he’ll be damned…

 

 

“I am so sorry,” Namjoon apologized as they sat behind the glass wall of a convenience store, looking out at the people who were frantically running about trying to get out of the pouring water. The couple was drenched from the rain, their clothes sticking onto their body, defining every angle of each other’s physique. In their hands they had warm cups of noodles and chopsticks on top of the lids.

Jin laughed whole heartedly as he held his cup noodles with one hand and covered his mouth with the other. The way his hair stuck onto his exceptionally marvelous face, the way his lips curdled around the corners and the way his melodious voice passed through his plump lips was simply breathtaking. Namjoon felt his fingers tingle feverishly with warmth and he was definitely sure that the warmth wasn’t coming from the steaming cup.

“That’s perfectly fine, Namjoon-ah,” Jin said, the laugh in his voice still very prevalent. He pulled down his hand and reached for his chopsticks. Picking the two sticks of wood up, he slowly tossed and turned the softening noodles in his cup, occasionally making small eye contact with his boyfriend who looked a little scared and disappointed.

“This seems romantic too,” Jin continued and blew on the noodle strings that were pinched between his chopsticks.

Namjoon tried to hide his disappointment of his own failure and faked a smile. Seriously, the first date he had ever planned was supposed to be perfect but it went all horribly wrong. If only he had checked the news for the weather prediction before.

 

Now, it is said that you’re able to notice everything about the person you love even through the silence. And this was exactly what Jin did when he saw that Namjoon was picking at his softening noodles and not consuming it.

“Namjoon ah,” he called out boldly, all his previous nervousness and giddiness having been washed away by the rain. The said male turned to him, looking right into his very soul with those sparkling eyes. And Jin felt the exact same thing he felt when he first looked into Namjoon’s eyes when he became the president. A burning yet shy passion with a hint of curiosity.

“I’m so sorry,” the failed president apologized again, and made a face which looked so sad that even Hitler would’ve found it hard to resist. “I actually planned out the perfect date but I forgot to put in account the bloody weather…”

(The readers by now notice the change of roles in the two characters. Yes. This is how dumb these two are. And how dumbly they are in love with each other that they share the same level of dumbness that they can exchange roles in a matter of seconds)

 

“I told you,” Jin finalized. “It’s more than fine. This doesn’t change my affection for you.”

Namjoon stared down at the floor and refused to meet Jin’s eyes. Jin was way too kind to be a human being (unless you put Youngjae in the equation but that’s water under the bridge, people. All water under the bridge).

Jin smiled and put down his noodles on the table adjacent to the glass walls. “Hey,” he called out. Namjoon looked up to find a brightly smiling princess right in front of him.

The elder got off his seat and kissed the president on the lips. It was a mere peck but it was more than enough to assure Namjoon of how okay he was of the flopped plan.

 

Several cheers and claps could be heard coming from down the aisle. What the…?

The couple turned to see several customers of the store, who were stuck in the same place due to the same predicament – the rain, cheering and giving encouraging applause. They were probably bored because of the rain and so they turned to the romantic scene before them to keep themselves enticed and enchanted. The female majority of the girls in the crowd of seven cooed at how cute they were and how they wished to have a relationship like them. The rest simply applauded them on managing to create such a perfect scene.

Both the couple’s faces blushed beet red. Namjoon laughed nervously, bowing to everyone for no particular reason. Jin, on the other hand, fiddled with his fingers and bit his lips, embarrassed at the fact that their whole love was out for the world to see.

If this wasn’t embarrassing, he didn’t know what was.

 

I guess their ‘secret’ was out to a certain public now…

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

Hey people. I'm back!!!

A little Namjin to keep the fluffy love ongoing. I really would not wish to see everyone drowining in the angsty feels...

I just completed my exams a few days back and I am back for this month. Yay me!

 

Oh yeah, so much drama went on during my hiatus. Like seriously? These people... But fret not. I will continue shipping VKook and the other OTPs until eternity. And by eternity, I mean ETERNITY... So yes, the stories will continue.

Also, for no particular reason (and mostly because I like torturing you all) I'll be working on a fic. Here's a little spoiler for you lovely people...

JIKOOK (because their chemistry is amazing) and VKOOK (Because VKOOK is simply the best)

It'll be a chaptered fic. It's inspired from a video that I happened to come across. Please give it love and support. (I'll inform the second I upload the forward)

 

Yours indefinitely,

TypicalFangirl09