Chapter 11 - Calling In Sick

A Complicated Regard

 

All children, be it boys or girls, imagine how their first kiss would be like. They may not have developed minds like teenagers or like adults but they definitely have brains. When they see their parents kiss in front of them, they are filled with an unknown sense of happiness and contentment that they want to experience themselves.

Jungkook was one such child. Being very open minded about the genres of animes and movies, he was also a fan of romance where people shared kisses. He often saw movies where parents kissed early in the morning as soon as they woke up and every night before going to sleep. He also saw scenes where people would just kiss in front of everyone be it in their house, in the middle of the street or park or in airports or in train stations. So he also dreamt often about how his first kiss would be like.

He didn’t, however, think that he would get his first kiss after his death.

 

The red head knew that his memory got screwed after he died. After all, he didn’t remember anything at all when he first found out that he was dead. But as he got to live again as a ghost with Taehyung, his memories had been coming back even though they were in droplets. But he knew something for certain and it had nothing to do with his returning memory.

He knew that he had never had his first kiss.

So when Taehyung pulled him in for a kiss under the pretext of letting him taste the poisonous broth, he savored every micro-second of it even though he knew it wouldn’t last.

 

Taehyung honestly felt that he could die right at that moment out of happiness. He had never experienced anything so amazing before; not when he was with his family or with his friends or even with Hoseok.

 

“Hyung,” Jungkook pulled away for the second time and Taehyung knew that he had to explain. It was high time for him to confront his impossible feelings to the ghost and get the ghost to accept them.

“Jungkook,” he called out breathlessly. Whether his breathlessness was because of the kiss or because of the excitement or his current whirring mind about his explanation, Taehyung had no idea; but he just remained breathless.

“I’m in love with you,” he said plainly amidst the breaths. “I don’t know how else to put it.”

 

Jungkook looked at his hyung, half horrified, half terrified. His hyung was in love with him. Taehyung was in love with him. That was everything that Jungkook wanted.

He had wanted Taehyung to fall in love with him and had wanted to date Taehyung. He had wanted to hold Taehyung’s hands every single day and proudly tell the whole world that the orange haired male was his boyfriend. But he couldn’t.

So instead of happily accepting Taehyung’s feelings without asking questions, Jungkook began to cry. Because someone had to accept reality.

“I’m sorry,” Jungkook whispered, every second seemingly becoming colder and sadder, as he wept and crouched down to his knees. He didn’t want to be a coward at the moment so he just cried in front of the exact same person who made him feel like he was on cloud nine as well as who was crushing every single left piece of his already broken heart.

Taehyung knelt down beside the weeping boy, trying to assure him that everything was going to be alright. But he too got a little teary eyed.

“Why are you apologizing?” Taehyung asked, trying to sound like he was not currently being crushed at the moment. “It’s not your fault that I fell for you,” he continued. “I just did. So you don’t have to apologize.”

“I like you too,” Jungkook sobbed out. “But we… I’m dead. I’m not real.” It was funny how blatantly the younger male put the sentence. But neither Jungkook nor Taehyung found it funny considering their sense of humor.

Now, the fact that Jungkook was dead was no news to Taehyung. So his mind didn’t do any hard thinking when it came to this. Instead, he focused on what Jungkook said before that. “I like you too.”

Taehyung, amidst the bitter and painful tears, managed a small smile and hugged the ghost’s frame. “You like me too,” he said. He felt the other give a weak nod.

That was all that mattered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jin!” A voice called out from the distance and the said lad turned to see his childhood blond haired friend running towards him, all bubbly and cheerful. “Hi Youngjae. Don’t you have classes?” Jin said, not really bothering for small talk.

“Nah. I wanted to see you. I missed you so badly, hyung,” Youngjae whined cutely. But Jin was unaffected. “Well you saw me. Now go back to classes,” he just said and slammed him out. Youngjae made a face at his hyung and was about to turn away when the both of them heard Namjoon calling Jin from the distance.

“Jin hyung, could you help me with something?” Namjoon said walking towards him with a bundle of papers in his hands. Jin smiled handsomely and replied that he was happy to help. Little did they see the scowl on Youngjae’s face. He looked at how well the two students in front of him clicked and behaved like a couple and it brought out a feeling that he didn’t particularly like. Jealousy.

Youngjae observed his childhood friend smiling so winsomely while talking to the president and then he shifted his gaze to the handsome president. He was stern and strict looking but his features just seemed to immediately soften when he was with the princess vice president. Coming to a conclusion that he didn’t like, Youngjae made a frown again.

 

“Thanks,” Namjoon’s deep voice said and he walked away after saying that he would walk Jin home that day, right in front of Youngjae. Jin blushed a little and nodded shyly. Then the ivory haired male walked away coolly, not even bothering to wish Youngjae.

Youngjae decided that it was time to face his fears.

“Hyung,” he said and Jin hummed out a soft “Hmm?” But Youngjae took his time to ask the question. Jin turned to Youngjae and noticed that he was still staring off at Namjoon’s receding back.

“Are you and Namjoon ssi dating?” he asked bluntly, his voice and face not showing any emotion. If fact, his eyes still stuck onto the president’s back as if locking his target and getting ready to fire a missile at him. But before Jin could answer, Youngjae continued with his speech.

“Because I like him too.”

 

Namjoon watched his boyfriend pack up his books into his bag. They were in the student council room. The meeting had gotten over a couple of minutes back and the students had all gone home after wishing everyone. Namjoon smiled lovingly to see his boyfriend wish everyone so kindly. But when he noticed the way Jin was packing his books in a totally careless way, he knew that something was wrong.

“Hyung?” Namjoon called out and walked up to him. Jin’s movements stopped dead. But he continued in a split second. “What is it, Pres?” Jin replied, not really looking at the person who just called him.

“Are you okay?” the younger asked. Jin finally turned to Namjoon with a smile. “I’m fine, Namjoon. Why do you ask?” he asked honestly.

Namjoon admitted to his observations. “Well, for one, you’re not arranging your books according to their sizes. You’re just stuffing them in.” Jin looked down to his bag and noticed that his boyfriend was right. And he was touched. Namjoon was really observant.

Jin sighed loudly after which the smile on his face wiped off in a flash.  His face turned dark and emotionless. “You were right,” he said with a menacing smile which showed no signs of the previous kind hearted Jin. “That Youngjae really is a brat!”

Namjoon wanted to clarify that he never said that. But he thought better than to piss off scary Jin even further. He also refrained from asking any more questions after that and just kept mum, leaving Jin to think about a hundred and one ways to kill Youngjae (which is a figure of speech. Jin would never kill anyone… Let’s hope).

 

 

Jin gritted his teeth and recalled every little word that his childhood friend had said earlier that day. “I liked him from the minute I saw his face on dad’s registers,” Youngjae admitted and turned his icy glaze to Jin who stood there, mouth wide open in surprise. “I chose this school for my transfer because of him, hyung. So I don’t care if you’re already dating him. I will get him in the end.”

Jin was too much at a loss of words to even give a proper reaction. So he scoffed very, very impolitely. Kind of like those cheerleaders do when someone calls them ‘s’.

“Anyway,” Youngjae said turning away from the perplexed vice president. “I’ll be heading to my class now. I’d wish you luck but we both know I’m going to win, as usual,” he ended the talk with a disrespectful smirk and walked away, leaving a very annoyed and angry Jin.

 

“Hyung?” Namjoon called out again making Jin snap out of his flashback. “Would you like to go now?” he asked carefully. Jin’s smile returned immediately as he nodded and apologized for being slow.

You’ll never get him, you little brat. Not now, not ever, he concluded and walked out of the Council room with Namjoon following him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin hid in one of the toilet cabinets and prayed that a particular stalker would stop following him. But as the term ‘stalker’ suggests, Jimin’s prayers weren’t answered.

Suga stood right in front of the toilet to tease Jimin. He could very easily pick the lock, get inside the same cubicle and annoy the younger even more by joining him in between the tight spaced lockers but he decided against it. Just because he liked him didn’t mean that he should scare the poor boy to death.

 

Please go away, you creep! Jimin prayed and closed his eyes shut. But he knew that it would never come true. Yoongi was there right in front of the door, taunting and teasing him. Why was he there anyway? Was he trying to annoy him even more? Did he find out about how nervous he was when he kissed him? Did he actually find out that Jimin had recurring dreams about kissing Yoongi?

Jimin shook his head violently. No! How would he even find that out?

And for your information, he debated with himself. I do NOT control my dreams. It’s not my fault that my brain just came up with that ed up dream!

 

Suga sighed and sat down on the cold tiled floor, ignoring the weird looks that each student who entered the restroom gave him. Jimin saw that the elder had sat down don the dirty ground. His clothes would get dirty. Dammit, Jimin! So what?

“Why the heck are you following me around, Min Yoongi?” he said, trying to sound as mean and cruel as possible. And he did a good job hissing every word out. But it didn’t seem to hurt Yoongi. If at all, he was more pleased to hear Jimin being all sassy and playing hard to get.

“I just felt like it,” Yoongi replied and began to rock himself on the ground. Front and back. Front and back. Left and right. And then the whole process repeated over and over again.

“Go away,” Jimin spat out again, looking at the dark blue trousers and the red pair of sneakers from under the cubicle door. “You can’t make me,” Yoongi replied. “I have classes! Teacher will kill me if I’m late,” Jimin tried to get him to leave. But Yoongi knew all his methods all too well. He laughed amusedly. “You seem to forget that we’re in the same class, Jiminnie. Teacher is absent.”

 

Jimin groaned in frustration and finally yanked open the door. “What do you want from me?” he screamed. Yoongi just stood up with an all too happy smile and faced the slightly shorter lad right in front of him. “I want to see you crack,” he replied with that glorious smirk never leaving his face.

 

Was this guy serious? He wants to see me crack? Jimin rolled his eyes. Clearly he hasn’t seen that Jimin has already cracked under the pressure of Yoongi’s annoying attitude.

 

Suga continued to smirk cockily as he watched the younger flail his arm in defeat and try to walk away. It’s adorable, the whole scene - Jimin fuming out his anger, being all sassy and cute and stubborn. Honestly, Suga can just kiss him breathless right then and there and leave him totally stunned.

Hey, Suga’s mind spoke up, that’s actually not a bad idea. And so, he went for it.

 

Before Jimin could completely storm away, Suga grabbed his right wrist and yanked him in such a way that their chests were touching and their faces were just centimeters apart. Jimin had no time to react because by the next second, Suga had slammed his lips on Jimin’s again. And the electricity meter is whirring worse than a windmill in the middle of a storm.

 

Jimin squirmed and hit Suga several times but the elder remained persistent leaving completely helpless and captured. Finally, after the five excruciating seconds of breathless lip locking, Suga pulled away and his lips seductively, tasting the flavor of Jimin’s lip balm. Meanwhile, Jimin resembled a fish out of water.

“Tell me you didn’t feel that, I dare you,” Yoongi said confidently. Jimin felt his face becoming warmer by the second. But his eyes didn’t wander away from the male in front of him, the very same male who had just ‘ually assaulted’ him and stole his first kiss a few days back.

This was probably the first time Yoongi saw Jimin looking so surprised and confused. And his only thought was that he looked cute.

 

“You…” Jimin said his dry lips. Only then did he realize that a particular someone had just kissed the life out of them a few seconds ago. With this thought in his mind, he blushed even harder.

Suga made his way closer to him. His eyes twinkled dangerously and that smirk never left that ridiculously beautiful and pretty face of his. Jimin took one step back and almost slipped but he caught his balance and stood firm.

 

“You felt it didn’t you?” Suga asked, this time closing the already dangerous gap between them. Jimin’s breath hitched as he realized that Yoongi was… so close. Not wanting to confirm or admit anything, the younger closed his eyes tightly and screamed out. “Idiot!” And he punched Suga right in the stomach.

Like all gut punched victims, Yoongi crouched down in pain giving Jimin time to run out of the restroom. Never stopping his tracks, he ran to his class, cursing and mumbling that Yoongi was a bastard. “ert! Idiot! Stupid! !” he labeled the elder and tried his best to calm his rapidly thumping heart. But it took hours and hours to calm down his blood pumping organ.

 

 

 

Hoseok waited up in the school roof despite the hot season. He covered the glare of the sun from his eyes with his hands and looked up at the sky. It was just a few seconds ago that he checked his phone for any message from Taehyung.

 

There were none.

 

Maybe Taehyung was sick. Namjoon did say that Taehyung didn’t come to school that day. That would explain why the orange haired boyfriend of his wasn’t picking up his calls or replying to his texts. Maybe he was sleeping away the illness.

But there was a chill in Hoseok’s heart. It was piercing and honestly, terrifying. And this chill was probably the reason why he felt like crying at the moment because he had this inkling that Taehyung wasn’t sick.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two boys lay on Taehyung’s bed, did nothing, said nothing and just stared at each other. For the whole day. But it felt just right.

The warmth of the very much alive human in front of him on the bed made Jungkook feel like he himself was alive. As he studied the beautiful boy’s face before him, Jungkook felt even lighter and happier, like he was on cloud nine.

 

“Hyung,” he finally said. “Hmm?” the elder replied, a small curve of happiness forming on his baby pink lips. “Is it okay for you to skip class?” Jungkook asked making the listener chuckle.

“It’s fine, Jungkook. It’s fine if I’m skipping school for you.”

 

But Jungkook didn’t share that idea. “You can’t do that,” he said. “School is important. You need education.” Taehyung laughed again. “Okay,” came the soft reply which Jungkook couldn’t say anything else to.

 

A minute or so passed and Jungkook’s continuously working mind came to audit terms again. “I feel bad,” he said, earning a glance of concern from the elder. “Why do you say that?” Taehyung asked, his hand halfway to caressing Jungkook’s cold face.

“I’m spoiling your relationship with Hoseok,” he replied, his voice cracking. “Maybe this was a bad idea after all,” he said randomly. “We both know that we won’t last forever, hyung. So why even…”

Taehyung’s hands had reached Jungkook’s ice shivering cheeks and it immediately quieted down the troubled ghost. “We’ll make the best of it then,” Taehyung said simply. Jungkook felt his nose stinging, acting up again along with his blurring eyesight.

“You don’t know if I will be here tomorrow,” he said, half in tears. The atmosphere finally got to the elder although he tried his best not to cry. Taking his time to find the most appropriate reply, Taehyung closed his eyes and s his hands into Jungkook’s fingers, intertwining them for much so that it looked like he would never let go.

“But you’re here with me now,” Taehyung whispered and leaned in to give Jungkook a tiny kiss on his forehead, reassuring his love for him.

 

Silent tears rolled down both male’s face but neither said a word. They now fully understood what misery and happiness was.

 

 

A/N:
 

Hohoho, I would love to see the scary Jin... Jimin, please just... Ugh! And Taekook... *no comment*

Hoseok oppa, you can be with me... >///<

Apologies of there's any mistakes and errors here

Feel free to comment, criticize and press that little upvote button. (yeah, that little arrow option at the beginning...)

Chapter dedication:

Dedicated to KimJongdaeForever (coz you're too sweet)

Indefinitely, 

TypicalFangirl09