Presence

Immortal Desire - The Eternal Love
I <3 YOU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
_______’s POV
“What am I going to do now?” Joon cried in his head.
He must be going through hell right now. The brother that’s supposed to understand him right then and there… is right next to me. Invincible. Denying himself from him. Although I can understand why he’s hiding, because if the time comes when he finds out about what we really are, it might just drive him to the brink of mental illness. I hate it when they have to hurt their loved ones to save them.

For now, I helped Joon rent an apartment and gave him money to get himself food and necessities. I also enrolled him a school here in Seoul so that he can continue through life normally and earn people's love. Something that he never experienced from anyone else, except his brother. We went home that day and JaeJoong couldn't get himself to stay still, because of fret of Joon. We drank some blood that night to calm ourselves down; I sat up by the bed rail and embraced his head on my shoulders like a little kid who needs attention. I combed my fingers through his silky smooth hair and lulled him to sleep; I then kissed his forehead and moved down to sleep next to him. He unexpectedly shuffled his body around so that I was leaning on his shoulder, and hugged me tightly.

-

JaeJoong already got up and was looking out the window.

“Oppa, good morning…” I murmured, slightly sitting up

“___________ -Ah, you’re up... you want to go somewhere?” he asked hopeful showing me a slight smile in the corners of his lips. I knew exactly what he wanted.

“Sure…we could go visit Joon…or…” I started but he finished
'Yes!” he blurted out and coughed lightly “I mean—yeah, we should go visit him and check how he's doing-” he murmured, I knew him too well.

“Okay Oppa, I'll get ready now” I said standing up slowly and grabbed some clothes from the closet. Since we were living together for quite some time now, I didn't bother going to the toilet to change, even if he was there as he already knows what I look like and I have nothing to be ashamed of. He kissed me on the lips and went outside the room to get some space to think, I could understand his feelings, but not as fully as I think because I haven't been in that situation before. Now, there I was standing in front of the mirror, looking at myself carefully like I usually do, then something peculiar happened. I saw –from what I thought was- a speck of dirt on the mirror and went over to scratch it away.

Then, mirror facing me was slowly shattering to pieces as my finger worked towards wiping the mirror clean. I thought that my force was powerful enough to crack the mirror but I was wrong. I detached my finger from the mirror but the crack still continued to spread, starting from a tiny speck moving towards its surroundings covering my face, I could see my face's reflection all separated by the cracks. Then it all fell, It made small piercing fragments of glass fall on the floor and sparkle in the sun's ray.

What was doing this? It certainly was not me and I'm the only one in this room... aren't I?

I bent down to the floor to feel the fragments on my skin-I didn't know why-it was just out of curiosity. Then debris of glass slashed its way through my index finger making it bleed, but no pain can be felt.

“Great” I whispered under my breath.

Then I felt someone's sudden presence behind me so I turned my head swiftly but…no one was there, nothing but the bed and other things. Weird.

“_______ ah. Are you ready? Let’s go?” JaeJoong said as he walked up the stairs to our room.

“!” I whispered again and used my powers to fix the broken mirror quickly before JaeJoong entered. All the sharp pieces of glass flew back into their places and were fixed with the closing of my fist. But I forgot one thing, the one still stuck in my index finger. He wouldn’t notice would he? There, it's fixed.

JaeJoong then entered and looked at me with confused wide eyes...

“What?” I tried not to sound like nothing abnormal happened.

“Stop pretending _______ah, I could smell the blood from outside the door, what happened?” he asked worried

“Oh forgot about that” I sighed

He took my hand and looked intensely at the index finger; he carefully pushed the tiny piece of glass from inside my skin and the blood oozing from my finger.

Then while doing that, he looked around to see the source of the incident. There, he noticed, a tiny fragment of glass was missing from the mirror. He took my finger out of his lips and picked up the glass to put it back on the mirror, it fit perfectly.

“What really happened?” he asked me with curious eyes.

“It’s nothing JaeJoong Oppa. nothing really, just me being clumsy—there was a dirt in the mirror so I scratched it out, but then I think I used too much force...nothing to worry about Oppa” I explained with a cheeky smile, making myself not too obvious.

“Okay then, let’s go?” he said and kissed me on the forehead.

He held my hand and walked outside; I turned around to see the mystical mirror again and wondered... Was I really alone in there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait for the next chapter and find out more

Truly Yours,
Tammy