Chapter Eight — The Informant

Professor Taekwoon and the Endless Eternity

"So, um, Mr. Han, where are we headed," Sanghyuk asks awkwardly.
"Sanghyuk, please call me anything but that. It's awkward hearing that from myself," the elder states, adjusting his hat.
"What else am I supposed to call you then?" Sanghyuk responds, looking at him.
"I don't see why you both can't be Sanghyuk, but if the need comes. Sanghyuk, umm, the elder one, why don't we shorten that to Hyuk?" Taekwoon suggests.
"That could work, professor," the elder agrees, glancing at his younger. "Pleasure to meet you, Sanghyuk."
"Oh, no, the pleasure is all mine, Hyuk," the younger smiles. They both tip their hats at each other.
"Now, where were we? Right, this was something I need to see to," Hyuk states, adjust the tie on his suit. "Professor, did you happen to pass a restaurant on your way here?"
"I believe so," Taekwoon responds.
"Great, we'll head there. A friend of mine will be waiting for us there," Hyuk comments. They start walking back. Sanghyuk greets a man, causing him to run off with wet feet.
"Hyuk, I've been wondering about something," Sanghyuk speaks, looking at his elder.
"What's on your mind?" Hyuk asks, looking to him.
"A time machine able to move to any point in time could really change the world," the younger states. "It could improve people's lives."
"It certainly has the potential to," Hyuk agrees.
"Then, why have it stopped?" Sanghyuk asks, as they continue walking along.
"Think of this. Imagine a bully always giving you trouble," the elder suggests.
"Alright."
"Now, you have the time machine. Would you go back, and rat out the five-year-old bully?" Hyuk asks, looking at him.
"No, that would be cruel," the younger states.
"Of course you wouldn't. You have a good heart. But there are people far worse in the world," the older explains, turning disinterested.
"I never thought of it that way," Sanghyuk whispers, "We need to stop it!"
The trio continues on, glancing at the paper spewing lies.
"Look, the restaurant," Sanghyuk states, looking up at it.
"Is this the place you had in mind?" Taekwoon asks, looking at it.
"Yes, now lets head in," Hyuk suggests. They move inside in the small restaurant.
"Sanghyuk, do you see that man in black over there? Does he seem familiar to you?" Hyuk asks, tilting his head to a man.
"Yeah! He's the one who brought us the letter," Sanghyuk explains, gaping at the man. The trip moves over, and stands by him.
"Sorry for keeping you waiting, Gongchan," Hyuk speaks, looking at him.
"Not at all. I just got here," Gongchan speaks, smiling up at him.
"I believe you all will need a proper introduction," Hyuk determines, sitting beside him. "This is my good friend Gongchan. He's played a huge role in bring you both here."
"Pleased to meet you, Gongchan," Taekwoon speaks, nodding at him.
"Likewise. I'm sorry for the rush last time we met," Gongchan agrees, frowning slightly. "Sanghyuk here told me I shouldn't say anything until you met him."
"We understand. Hyuk is smart like that," Taekwoon speaks, smiling at him.
"Gongchan, did you do the recon I asked you to?" Hyuk asks, leaning closer to him.
"I did. That scumbag Taekwoon— Er, sorry. The evil one I mean," Gongchan starts, biting his lips back after.
"Go on. The Professor knows," Hyuk speaks, gesturing at him.
"Right. You know the Towering Pagoda in Chinatown? The scientists are being held there. They are working, day and night," Gongchan reports, leaning back in his chair.
"The scientists are in the tower? This is going to make things difficult," Hyuk mutters, leaning back.
"I heard another thing," Gongchan offers.
"Yes?" Hyuk asks, glancing over at him.
"Word is that the mayor who disappeared ten years ago is there, too," Gongchan speaks.
"What?" Hyuk questions.
"Kim Namjoon," Taekwoon mutters, looking over at him. Memories of the explosion play in his head. "He went missing the day of the explosion."
"He's been missing for ten years," Hyuk elaborates, "Do you think that the evil Taekwoon may have taken him in addition to everything else?"
"We won't know until me check the facts for ourselves," Taekwoon speaks. "Hyuk, you seem to know where this Towering Pagoda is. Where is it?"
"It's the Family stronghold in Chinatown. Chinatown is almost completely controlled by the Family. That means we can't just waltz out way in," Hyuk explains.
"Even so, we need to head to the source to learn the truth. Can you take us?" Taekwoon asks, looking at him. Hyuk hums at his words.
"It'll take a little work. Why don't I leave for a bit, and get us a safe route?" He offers, "Go on without me. Gongchan can tell you how to get there."
"Very well," Taekwoon agrees.
"Good. I need to get moving. Be careful out there," Hyuk speaks, standing from his chair. He rushes out.
"He took off in a hurry," Sanghyuk speaks, watching him leave.
"Gongchan, we need to get to Chinatown. What's the best way there?" Taekwoon asks, turning to the seated man.
"Let's see. Head north on Flatstone Street. Take a right a little before the casino. Did you see them before?" Gongchan starts.
"I believe so, yes," Taekwoon answers.
"Good. Go over those, follow the riverbank. Next thing you know. You're there," Gongchan informs, leaning back.
"You won't be coming with us?" Sanghyuk asks, looking over him.
"Nope. I've got to stay here for your older self," Gongchan denies, watching them.
"Alright. Thank you for your help, Gongchan. Come now Sanghyuk. We shouldn't wait around," Taekwoon states, moving away.
"Take care of yourself. I'll be here if you need me," Gongchan calls after them as they leave the restaurant.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So, it's been about six months since my last update. I'm sorry. I have one more chapter finished. One day this will be done. One day. (-<) <3 ^_^