Chapter Three --The Hospital

Professor Taekwoon and the Endless Eternity

They go above ground, and sigh.
"That was easy. Look professor the hospital," Sanghyuk says.
"Wonderful. Let's head over," Taekwoon says, as they walk over. They enter the old building, and are greeted.
"Hello there," the receptionist greets.
"Good day madam. Would you help us?" Taekwoon asks.
"Sure. This place is dead," she says sighing.
"We are looking for someone. Can you show us to room 312?" Taekwoon asks, face neutral.
"312? Let's see. Ah, Park Hyoshin," she says.
"What?!" Taekwoon asks. "I'm sorry, but did you just say Park Hyoshin?"
"Yes. Now are you both family of Mr. Park?" The woman asks.
"No. Former student," Taekwoon says.
"And your little friend?" She asks, pointing to Sanghyuk.
"He's..."
"Mr. Park's pupil's apprentice," Sanghyuk says smiling.
"Oh. Old 312 has a fan club now," she says, nodding. "You need to fill out some papers first."
"What kind?" Taekwoon asks.
"It's just hospital policy. It's just one question," she says, holding out the paper. Taekwoon fills it out quickly, and hands it back.
"Thank you. You may visit Mr. Park now," she says taking the paper back. "Third floor, up those stairs."
They walk up the stairs, and arrive in an empty room.
"No one's here. Perhaps she gave us the wrong..."
"Who's that? Oh, it's you, Taekwoon! And little Sanghyuk!" The man says.
"Hyoshin?!" Taekwoon asks.
"What's with that look, Taekwoon? Do I have food on my face?" Hyoshin asks. "Don't mind that. Sit my boy. I've been hearing some bad rumors about, but I don't believe any of them."
"What sort of rumors?" Taekwoon asks.
"What sort? The ones about this thing and that other thing. Oh, shoot," Hyoshin says. "I forgot them, never mind." Hyoshin lays in his bed, and closes his eyes slightly.
"It's been awhile, Hyoshin," Taekwoon says.
"It has. I trust you're still researching," he says smiling.
"I learn from the best. Having an office helps," Taekwoon says, giving a small smile.
"You've gotten an office? What am I saying? You've had one for some time," Hyoshin says. "You deserve it too. I've seen my share, and you are the brightest."
"Naturally!" Sanghyuk bursts out, smiling himself.
"Well, with all this. I almost forgot to take my medicine," Hyoshin says. "Sanghyuk, will you prepare this for me?"
"Sure," Sanghyuk says, grabbing the bottle, and preparing it.
"You've taught this boy well, Taekwoon," Hyoshin says, smiling and taking the liquid.
"Um..." Sanghyuk says.
"As I was saying. Taekwoon you were the brightest. I had another who came close though," Hyoshin says, leaning back. "I wonder what became of him."
"Hyoshin. It's been wonderful, but we must go," Taekwoon says.
"Busy as always. Do drop by again," Hyoshin says. "Oh but here. These belong to you. I've been watching her for some time."
Hyoshin hands over a set of keys, and Taekwoon grabs them slowly.
"I don't need her anymore. You can take her back. She's around back," Hyoshin says.
"I see. Thank you," Taekwoon says.
"It was a nice surprise to see you, Taekwoon," Hyoshin says, and the pair walk out. They head downstairs, and out the back.
"Oh my gosh!" Sanghyuk exclaims. Standing before them is Taekwoon's car, aged and rusted out.
"This looks like mine," Taekwoon says.
"I thought the same thing. No one else has an odd shaped car like this," Sanghyuk says.
"Odd? This is a classic," Taekwoon says, glaring at Sanghyuk.
"Judging by the dust and dirt, it must be," Sanghyuk says. "No one took care of it."
"Yes. It appears to be exposed to the elements," Taekwoon says, frowning.
"Why don't we see if it still works. Then we won't need the subway," Sanghyuk suggests.
"Let's trying that," Taekwoon says, walking to the car. "Hmm?"
"What's the matter, professor?" Sanghyuk asks.
"There is a strange lock on the door. Who would do that?" Taekwoon replies. He looks to the keys, and sees the strange holes. He sets them one on top of the other, and sees a forty seven. Taekwoon punches that in, and the car unlocks.
"It's open," Taekwoon says.
"Alright, start it professor," Sanghyuk says. Taekwoon turns the key, and the engine sputters and dies.
"It won't start," Taekwoon says.
"It has been ten years," Sanghyuk says. "I'm not that surprised."
"Hmm."
"Look, professor. Something is on the passenger seat," Sanghyuk says, pointing his finger. Taekwoon grabs it, and opens it.
~Professor, I hope by now you are convinced this is the Seoul of the future. Now that we are on the same page, I'd like to explain to you the secret plaguing Seoul. I believe this would be best to discuss this in person. Meet me at the Gilded 7 Casino on Flatstone Street. I'll be waiting for you there.~
"What do you say? Are you ready to meet your future self?" Taekwoon asks.
"I honestly don't know. This all feels strange," Sanghyuk says.
"It's understandable," Taekwoon says.
"Mm..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I needed a person. We got Hyoshin. So many random cameos. But yay! Update! And vixx won!! (-<) <3 ^_^