Prologue -- The Letter

Professor Taekwoon and the Endless Eternity

It was a nice morning in Seoul. People moving to the hustle and bustle of every day life. A pair ride along on a city bus.
"It doesn't seem to add up professor," a young blonde says, looking to his elder. He turns the letter in his hand once over.
"I know. But it is quite the puzzle," the black haired elder says, looking at the small note.

~Professor, I hope this letter finds you well. As for me, I'm in quite a predicament. You see, the Seoul we know and love as been thrown into absolute chaos. To complicate matters, the calamity I speak of does not take place in your time. This may be difficult for you to believe, but I am writing to you from 10 years in the future. I know this is a lot to take in, but I'll explain it all soon. For now, I ask that you head to the clock shop on Midland Road in Gangnam. I look forward to seeing you again.
Your student, Han Sanghyuk~

"Strange as it sounds. It seems the author of the letter is you, Sanghyuk," professor Taekwoon says, looking at the letter.
"From my future self? How?" Sanghyuk asks, adjusting his blue hat.
"I don't know. But if it is true how did I arrive?" Taekwoon says, rubbing his chin.
"Umm... By time traveling-postmen? Kidding," Sanghyuk says, when his is glared at. "But seriously. This is the strangest mystery we've ever discovered."
"That's true. And you still seem to need my help. You always seem to need me," Taekwoon says, flashing a small smile.
"Thank you. I think. But how do we know this is real?" Sanghyuk says, eyes flickering between the letter and his apprentice.
"We don't have much to go on, but I can't help but think this is connected to last week," the professor says, adjusting his top hat.
"Hmm..."

(The Past)

"I have managed to create a wormhole, and attempt to punch holes or hive-gaps into the fabric of time. Creating a stable magnetic field, this will allow one to jump threw time," a scientist says. A large sphere of metal sits in the middle of the courtyard.

"A nice spread inspector," a white haired man says, eating some of the food in front of him. "But why are we here?"
"It's obvious Luhan. I'm an official of the law. It's natural that I would be invited," the inspector says, cutting his steak.
"I suppose it's possible Wufan," Luhan says, poking his salad.
"Possible?"
"Erm, probable. Highly probable!" Luhan says gulping.

"Namjoon, this food is awful. Lets hurry so we can leave," a woman says, complaining to her husband.
"Yes, dear," Namjoon sighs, watching the machine with interest.

"I have to say. I feel out of place," Sanghyuk says, playing with his food.
"It's understandable," Taekwoon says, correcting his back. "I'm sure most people would feel the same in front of the mayor."
"Look, I think I see inspector Wufan," Sanghyuk says, smiling.
"Hmm."
"Professor, what do you think of this ordeal?" Sanghyuk asks, setting his fingers on his chin. "Do you think someone has built a time machine?"
"I'm not sure. Still, but imagine the uproar, if it's true," Taekwoon says.
"I'm excited, but you don't sound convinced," the blonde says, crossing his arms.
"Anything is possible. Let's just see. But something seems off," the elder says, fixing his hat.
"Why? Oh, your intuition," Sanghyuk says, smiling to his eyes.
"That's one way to put it. But look over there," Taekwoon says, staring at guard.
"What about him?"
"He's looking for someone that isn't supposed to be here."
"So, we have an intruder."

"This isn't good," the old guard says, rubbing his forehead.
"Is something wrong sir?"
"Yes. Someone is acting out."
"Need any help?" Sanghyuk asks.
"Yes, please."
"It's the one at the table with no other matching clothes around it, and without a yellow flower," the guard says. Sanghyuk looks around, and points.
"There." He points, and the guard nods.
"That's it. Thank you boy," the guard says running off. Sanghyuk returns to his seat, and smiles.
"Nice job." Sanghyuk's cheeks flush. The guard walks over after had removed the man.
"Thank you," the old man says, before walking away.
"Look professor I helped capture a suspect," Sanghyuk says, smiling wider. "The presentation is about to begin."

"Ladies and Gents! Thank you for coming to this event! And here to demonstrate the time machine is Doctor Kim Ravi!"
The crowd cheers, as a man with blue hair walks up.
"Thank you for coming! After years of research, I am pleased to share this all with you! In a few moments, I will show you what this can do! But first! I am honored to be in the presence of the mayor Kim Namjoon. As such I have reserved a special seat for him. Please join me mayor," Ravi says, speaking to his audience. Namjoon walks up slowly, and looks at the machine in detail.
"Is this thing real?" Namjoon asks.
"Whatever do you mean?" Ravi asks, smiling.
"I mean is this thing, a genuine time machine?" Namjoon asks.
"Why don't you take a seat, and see?" Ravi suggests.
"Would you like to say something mayor?" The announcer says, holding out the microphone.
"Good afternoon! Today is a monumental day for everyone in the world! Since the beginning, we have tried to extend out limits! We have taken the skies, the seas, and outer space! But we haven taken time! We all thought this was a dream out of reach, until now! I hope you join me in this new era!" The crowd cheers at their mayor's words.
"Thank you for those words, and now the moment you are all waiting for, Dr. Kim!"
"I have one more request," Ravi says, holding up a finger. "I would love for the mayor's help in this. What do you say mayor Kim?"
"Wh-what?!" Namjoon stutters.
"There is no cause for concern," Ravi says, holding out his arms.
"I was under the impression that I would be watching," Namjoon says, closing his eyes.
"Forgive me. I do not wish for you to be uncomfortable," Ravi sighs. "You did trade the hard sciences a long time ago. Please, return to your seat."
"Wait. Of course. I'll assist you," Namjoon says, panicking for a moment.
"Namjoon! Why?" His wife asks, grabbing her hair.
"That's the spirit. You have my thanks," Ravi says, smirking slightly. "Now, I give you my time machine! Mayor, would you mind stepping inside?"
The large metal machine opens, and Namjoon walks up the stairs. Ravi pulls a lever, and the machine closes. Another lever is pulled, and electricity moves wildly. The machine explodes, and pieces scatter!
"Something has happened!" Taekwoon yells, standing suddenly. Panic induces, and people faint.
"The doctor, and the major at gone!" Sanghyuk yells, standing himself.
"My word," Taekwoon mutters.

(The Present)

"You believe that is connected to this letter?" Sanghyuk asks, looking at Taekwoon. "Wait. If the machine was real, then this letter is real too."
"I don't know about that. But this isn't all. Tell me Sanghyuk, have you heard about the disappearances here in Seoul?" Taekwoon asks, sighing.
"I read about that. Some of Seoul's greatest minds are disappearing," Sanghyuk explains.
"I believe the disappearances are linked as well. Anyway, I believe we should head to the location in the letter," Taekwoon says, shaking his head.
"Good idea," Sanghyuk says, sinking back.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: this is going to be a pain to write. I'm staying true to the game, and replaying it to make sure I don't miss anything. So bare with me if it takes me forever to update. Ugh. (-<) <3 ^_^