Chapter Four -- The Memory

Professor Taekwoon and the Endless Eternity

They leave the hospital, and walk back down to the subway.
"Sanghyuk, we need to take the subway back to Flatstone," Taekwoon says.
"Okay, professor," Sanghyuk says, and they board the subway. They arrive quickly, and walk back out to the street.
"Where do we go now?" Taekwoon asks, and Sanghyuk shrugs.
"Lets ask him," Sanghyuk suggests, running off to a guard.
"Kid, quit looking at me. You've got five seconds. Five. Four." Sanghyuk runs off before the guard finishes.
"That didn't work well, did it?" Taekwoon sighs, and Sanghyuk nods.
"Lets just ask someone else. The guards just snap if I just glance," Sanghyuk shivers.
"And I thought you had a talent for communicating with wild animals," Taekwoon laughs.
"Professor! That man is scary," the blond exclaims, frowning deeply.
"Now, now. It's just a joke," Taekwoon smiles, glancing at his apprentice. "Lets go find someone who will help us."
They wander, and attempt to speck with anyone. People flinch away, seemingly from Taekwoon's hat.
"Why don't we speak with Luna? She seemed helpful," Taekwoon suggests. Sanghyuk agrees, and they head back to the hotel.
"Hello," Luna greets, when they enter the hotel.
"Hello Luna. Can you tell us where the Gilded 7 Casino is?" Taekwoon asks. Luna's forehead creases.
"You're looking for the Gilded 7 Casino?" Luna questions.
"Yes, we are to meet someone there," Taekwoon explains, quickly.
"You should now that it's a Family hangout," Luna informs.
"Family?" Taekwoon asks, looking to her.
"The similar guards you've probably seen around town," Luna explains.
"We appreciate your concern, but we really need to go there," Sanghyuk whines.
"I understand, and my granny is asleep. I don't think she would want me to send you there," Luna shrugs.
"We don't need to worry about our safety right? Not that I'm scared or anything," Sanghyuk mutters.
"Good! Bravery is admirable, if not completely helpful, trait to have," Luna smiles. "Anyway, you know where the Flatstone Station is? Just head north. You'll see it eventually."
"Aha! I thought it was around her somewhere," Sanghyuk gasps.
"You did? What tipped you off?" Luna asks.
"When we pass the station, one of the Family goons was posted by the path north," Sanghyuk explains. "It was fishy that I found get past him."
"That probably wound be a problem this time. They move around often," Luna informs.
"Good to know," Sanghyuk smiles.
"They aren't very bright," Luna smiles. "Oh! Granny!"
"Luna, I'm sure our guests have something better to be doing," her grandmother informs.
"She was just giving us directions," Taekwoon states.
"Oh! As long as she is being helpful."
The pair leaves, and head back to the street the station is on.
"Look he's gone," Sanghyuk smiles.
"Luna was right. Let's keep moving," Taekwoon suggests. They continue on. No words are spoken between them. Someone passes them, going the opposite way. A simple cap pulled over his red hair. Taekwoon glances at him, and gasps. Taekwoon freezes in the middle of the walkway. He turns back to him.
"Professor?" Sanghyuk asks. The words fall deaf as Taekwoon loses himself in his memories.

(The Past -- 10 years ago)

"Oh, it's just beautiful Taekwoon," a redhead smiles, holding the clock just given to him.
"Oh, do you really like it?" Taekwoon questions, flushing pink, and staring down at the meal in front of him.
"I don't just like it. I love it," he smiles. "Thank you so much."
"Picking out the right gift, can be quite the puzzle," Taekwoon comments, adjusting his red hat.
"Lucky for me, every puzzle has an answer," he giggles. "Is that what you always say?"
Taekwoon smiles, and takes a sip of his wine.
"I've been thinking..." Taekwoon starts, setting down his glass.
"Go on," he smiles.
"If I were to get the teaching job, then we..."
"Hmm?"
"Well..." Taekwoon scratches his cheek.
"I'm listening Taekwoon," he confirms, leaning forward.
"Oh, I'll tell you later," Taekwoon covers, shifting awkwardly.
"Come on, now. Tell me more about these plans of yours," he demands, smiling brightly.
"Oh, it was nothing," Taekwoon states. "Now lets get before our food gets cold."
"Hey! No fair changing the subject!" he wines.
"What are you talking about? I did nothing of the sort," Taekwoon smirks.
"You most certainly did," he laughs.

(The Present)

"Professor?" Sanghyuk calls again. "Is something the matter? You look dazed."
"I-I'm fine, Sanghyuk. My eyes seem to be playing tricks on me," Taekwoon covers quickly.
"Does it have something to do with the man who just passed us?" Sanghyuk questions.
"It's probably nothing. He just reminded me of someone I knew a long time ago."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I have updated!! I didn't have the urge to play. Sorry for the two month wait! (-<) <3 ^_^