Chapter Two -- The Future?

Professor Taekwoon and the Endless Eternity

"Hey! They closed the door on us! And it's locked too!" Sanghyuk says, pouting slightly.
"It does appear that way," Taekwoon says, crossing his arms.
"And why does every thing look so different?" Sanghyuk asks looking around.
"I honestly don't know. But why don't we look around?" The elder suggests. They talk to construction man, and he claims to have been working for a year.
"I know Seoul like that back of my hand. But this is all foreign to me," Taekwoon admits, fixing his hat.
"Hey you. Oh, never-mind," a man says, running up to them.
"Pardon?" Taekwoon asks.
"It's just your hat. Never-mind. Have a nice day," the man says running off. They stop in a cafe, and the lady gives the a look.
"Hey mister. Some advice, loose the hat," the lady says, as they chat.
"M-my hat?" Taekwoon questions, gripping it defensively.
"It will get you into trouble," the lady says. They leave, and continue on their way.
"None of this seems familiar," Sanghyuk says.
"It is rather strange," Taekwoon says, looking.
"I have an idea. Maybe we left threw a different way. And we are heading in a different direction," the blonde says, smiling with pride.
"No. Think back Sanghyuk. We left threw the entrance. I am certain," Taekwoon says, frowning.
"I suppose. Then how do you explain it?" Sanghyuk asks, crossing his arms.
"Perhaps more exploring will explain it," the elder says, gripping his hat. They approach a man, and he starts to panic.
"I don't do anything! I swear!" He yells, backing away.
"Are you alright? Would you like some tea?" Taekwoon asks, and the man shakes more.
"Sorry. I'll make that tea," the man says running off.
"Well, he moved quickly," the blonde says, gripping his bag. "Many people have been acting nervous around you."
"I know. Strange. It seems its my hat which is causing the trouble," Taekwoon says, adjusting it.
"Why would someone be afraid of a hat? It's not like you terrorize people for fun," Sanghyuk says, setting his hand on his chin. They continue on, and Sanghyuk frowns.
"What happened to the bus stop? It's in ruins," Sanghyuk says, eyes widening.
"Read that sign," the elder says. The younger moves, and bites his lip.
"This doesn't make sense," Sanghyuk says, adjusting his balance.
"What do you mean?" Taekwoon asks.
"It says the line has discontinued," Sanghyuk says, face turning angry.
"I wouldn't doubt it," Taekwoon says, looking over the state of the stop.
"But it says this was discontinued five years into the future," Sanghyuk says.
"What? Let me look," Taekwoon says, moving beside his apprentice.
"Professor. I just realized something," Sanghyuk says, eyes widening. "Could we have traveled to the future?"
"It's true what we've seen no longer suggests the Seoul we know," Taekwoon sighs. "But I believe it is to early to jump to that conclusion. Let's just keep exploring."
They start to move, and small man stops in front of them.
"You there. Tall hat. Would you happen to be Taekwoon?" The man asks.
"I am. And who might you be?" Taekwoon asks.
"Not important. But here's what is: I have a letter for you," the man says. Taekwoon reaches out, took that said letter. "But, you need to verify who you are." The man hand over a puzzle, and the elder solves it quickly.
"Alright. Here," the man says handing it over.
"Let's see what this says," Taekwoon says, ripping the outer paper.

~Professor, if you're reading this, it means you've made it safely to my time. I can hardly wait to see you again. I wish to enlist your help in freeing this town. But first, I'm sure you'll want proof that you're in the future. I've thought long and hard about this. Make your way to the address below. This will quell any doubts.
Room 312
Green Hospital
123 Auckland Lane~

"It seems its been decided where we go next. Let's visit this hospital," Taekwoon says.
"Sounds good, but how?" Sanghyuk asks.
"If the buses were running," Taekwoon mutters. "Maybe that woman can help."
"Excuse me. We're trying to get to Auckland Lane, but the bus doesn't seem to run anymore," Sanghyuk says, talking to the woman.
"You're right about that. The buses were down when I moved here, two years ago," the woman says.
"Two years ago? But the sign says it won't stop for five years," Sanghyuk says.
"Five years? Goodness no! Recheck your math kid. That notice is five years old," she says.
"That can't be right! Unless..."
"Sanghyuk! That's enough. Sorry for my friend madam," Taekwoon says. "Madam. Is the lack of a bus service a problem?"
"Here? No, I just use the subway. There is a stop on Flatstone Street," she says, "are you both tourists? You should stop by the hotel on Southern Street. Down the road. The staff will help."
"Thank you for helping," Taekwoon says, as they move away.
"Tourists? Us?" Sanghyuk snorts. "I was born and raised here in Seoul!"
"Sanghyuk calm down. Let's just find the hotel," Taekwoon says, calming Sanghyuk down. They head east, and reach the hotel.
"Welcome to the Hotel Duke. How may I help you?" A lady asks, sounding bored.
"This is the famous hotel?" Sanghyuk asks.
"Yeah, so?" The lady says.
"For a famous hotel, this is my first time hearing of it," Sanghyuk says.
"There is a simple explanation for that. We are for dignified persons, not for little boys," the lady says.
"She doesn't like us belittling the hotel, Sanghyuk. Thank you for your help your help miss," Taekwoon says, smiling. She walks inside, and the duo follow.
"Welcome to Hotel Duke, one of Seoul's finest establishments," the same lady says, flipping 180 with her personality.
"Oh, hello again," Sanghyuk says.
"Hee hee! I ran ahead and took the time to prepare a suite for you both," the lady says.
"That was nice of you, but we need direction to the subway station," Sanghyuk says.
"Perhaps you might reconsider staying with us. Aren't you tourists?" She asks, "we are centrally located."
"Location is everything. We'll take a room, and directions to the nearest subway, miss," Taekwoon says.
"None of that miss stuff. Call me Luna," she says, "and please sign the guest book."
"Professor are we going to stay here?" Sanghyuk asks.
"Indeed. We are lost here; having a central place will help greatly," Taekwoon says. The pair checks in, and sign the book. Luna leads them to their room, and turn to them.
"You have a nice view," Luna says.
"I see," Sanghyuk says, smiling.
"Directions, right," Luna says, proceeding to give them directions. They walk out, and around stopping by the arcade Luna suggested.
"Yo buddy, don't talk to me," a man says, hiding behind a newspaper.
"Sir, can we see that?" Taekwoon asks, and the man hesitantly hands it over.
"Professor the date," Sanghyuk gasps.
"Calm down, it's just a newspaper," the man says, "can I have it back?"
"Sure. Thanks," Sanghyuk says. The man runs away, and Sanghyuk blinks. "I didn't misread the date did I?"
"I don't believe so, Sanghyuk. It was dated ten years in the future," Taekwoon says.
"Maybe we did travel to the future," Sanghyuk says.
"I suggest we reach the hospital without delay," Taekwoon says, and they move again. They reach the station, looking at the familiar looking guards. They ride the subway, and soon arrive at the destination.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: woah update. You guys in this for amber or the Neo. That comes later. Bare with me. Comments are loved! (-<) <3 ^_^