Chapter One -- The Shop

Professor Taekwoon and the Endless Eternity

The bus stops, and the pair gets off the bus.
"Here we are. Now where?" Sanghyuk asks, smiling.
"Now we should check that map which accompanied the letter," Taekwoon says, and Sanghyuk pulls it out.
"Say no more. I can handle this professor," the blonde says, grabbing the map out.
12:00
3:00
12:00
9:00
6:00
"This way professor," Sanghyuk says, running ahead. Taekwoon runs after the free-spirited boy. They move quickly, and Sanghyuk arrives at a door.
"How do I get in professor?" Sanghyuk asks, and Taekwoon shrugs.
"Press the time piece," a raspy voice says, from the inside. Sanghyuk looks over the door, and slowly press the hourglass. The door opens slowly, and the pair are confronted with many ticking clock. They move threw the shop and to the back.
"Professor," Sanghyuk whispers, and Taekwoon nods at the lady behind the counter.
"Oh my," the professor mutters looking at the giant clock.
"Customers! Welcome," the lady says, smiling wide.
"Good day, madam. You'll have to forgive us. We aren't here to shop," Taekwoon says bowing slightly. "We received a letter to come here."
"A letter, you say? Let me have a look," the lady says. Sanghyuk hands over the paper, and the lady nods. "No mistake, you were sent here."
"So, you don't know the person who sent this letter?" Taekwoon asks, and the lady shakes her head no.
"No, but I know who you are Professor Taekwoon," the lady says.
"Oh, and how do you know the professor?" Sanghyuk asks, flipping up his hat.
"He's in the paper. And I do love my morning paper," she says.
"Look professor. More proof you're famous in Seoul," Sanghyuk says smiling.
"Now I need proof. Count these needles," the lady says, holding out a string. Taekwoon takes it and counts quickly.
"Ten," he says, and the lady nods.
"Good, I'm convinced," the lady says, taking back the thread. "About your letter. My husband my know something. He'll be back in a moment. Please look around."
The duo move around, looking around the shop, and return to the back. A door creaks open.
"That must be my husband," the lady says smiling.
"Wait until you see what I picked up. Oh! Customers!" The man says smiling.
"Welcome back. This is professor Taekwoon. He has business with the shop," the lady says.
"You're Taekwoon. I wasn't expecting you so soon. I'm sorry," the man says, eyes growing wide behind his glasses.
"No apologies needed. Allow me to introduce my-"
"Apprentice! Sanghyuk! Nice to meet you," Sanghyuk blurts out.
"Sanghyuk, you say? What I mean is you have some nice manners. Nice to meet you. The name's Himchan," he says smiling.
"Tell me Himchan. You seem nervous by our arrival," Taekwoon says, opening his arms.
"No no. Not at all. I was just told to show you the biggest clock we had when you arrived," Himchan says, and Taekwoon recrosses his arms.
"It's beautiful. Shame it doesn't work," Taekwoon says.
"I planned to give her a tune up before you stopped by," Himchan sighs. "I don't really remember how to be honest."
"Sorry for throwing you off," Taekwoon says, giving a small smile.
"Can you try?" Himchan suggests.
"I'm no engineer," Taekwoon says, frowning again.
"Just try. You want it to work right?" Himchan says.
"True," Taekwoon says. He plays around with the gears, and one soon fits.
"That worked. Let's start her up," Himchan says, pulling some levers. The clock dings, and the hands swing around. The ground shakes under them, and they attempt to keep their balance.
"Are you alright?" Taekwoon asks.
"Yeah. That was quite a shake," Sanghyuk says. Taekwoon blinks, and runs outside, with Sanghyuk on his tail. Taekwoon freezes, with Sanghyuk following suit, when they are outside.
Taekwoon soon mutters, "Where are we?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: we have made it through the game's prologue! And don't asks me why I put Himchan as the shop keeper. Eternity! Hyuk had lines. That makes me happy! Also, why did jellyfish postpone it an hour. You had one job rovix! (-<) <3 ^_^