Nine!

Betrayal and Forgiveness.

'Maybe, getting away from the people, the places you've been together, the little things that reminds you of him would help you..'  He said as he started caressing my hair slowly. 

'But.. Appa.. I dont want to go anywhere.. I just needed time to heal... '  I turned away, feeling the damned tears threatening to spill over. I closed my eyes, refusing to look at his sad face. It seems like he had aged dramatically over the past two days. 

'This is not healthy, princess... I'm not chasing you away... You have no idea how hard it is for me.. To see my one and only daughter, lifeless this way.. Crying every minute.. Hurting yourself... Please.. Princess... Do it for me.. I'm getting old... I cant take any more surprises like this...'  The feeling of guilt swells as I heard his sniffles. The whole room was silent, except for his soft sniffles and bustling healthcare workers outside my hospital room.

'I'll just head to the cafeteria.. Jongdae must be having difficulties looking for my ramen...' If it were to be of a different situation, I would laugh out loud at his lame excuse. I opened my eyes and grabbed his arm. He turned around, not making eye contact. I felt my heart sank as I take in his red teary eyes. I swallowed my saliva thickly, squeezing his arm gently.

'Alright.. Appa.. I'll do it.. I'll go....'  

'Are you sure?' 

'Yes.. And Appa, You dont even eat ramen..' I giggled as he pulled me into his bear hug, making me feel at home. At that moment, Appa made me believe that I'll get through this storm.

 

'Have a safe trip, Princess... Call me once u reach the hotel.. Where's is Jongdae? You need to check in now.. Aigooo this boy...' Appa rambled as he took out his phone. I felt my whole body stiffen at the mention of my best friend name. I pretended not to hear him as I continue meddling with the strap of my hand carry.

'Yoboseyo? Jongdae-ah! Where are you?' Appa called out, as his eyes darted towards the entrance of the airport. 

'What are you doing, Groceries shopping at this time.. Joohyun is ...' I snatched the phone away from Appa and ended the call. 

'Joohyun! What are you doing!' Appa cried out, surprised.

'I didnt tell Jongdae, that I'm leaving... Anyway.. Its not for forever...'  I returned the phone back to Appa sheepishly.

'Joohyun...' 

'I cant bear to say goodbye to him, Appa.. He helped me alot.. and all I'm doing is making him worry.. I know that he will definitely take time off and follow me to Bali... Please dont tell him, where I'm going.. Please...' 

'Are you sure, about this?' Appa sigh deeply as he run his fingers through his grey thinning hair.

'Appa.. I'm sorry... I need to go now.. Appa, please take good care of yourself.. Remember to eat healthily.. Take your medicines regularly.. This letter, please give it to Joonmyun-shi and this to Jongdae... I love you, Appa...' I gave him one last hug and a peck on his cheek. 

'I understand.. Take good care of yourself as well.. I love you too,princess..' 

 My legs weighing a ton as I walked slowly,I gather my courage as I turn around, throwing Appa one last look before walking into the customs gate without looking back.

 

 

'Appa, I've safely reached Bali Airport... Yes, Appa.. I'm looking for the driver now.. Dont worry, Appa.. ' I pushed the trolley, with one hand as my eyes dart around looking for the signage with my name. 

'Alright,dear... Jongdae is really upset right now.. He didnt call you yet?' 

'No.. Appa I didnt receive any call from anyone.. Appa.. I found the driver.. I'll call you later once I've reached the airport... I missed you already...' The guilt in me swells up again at the mention of his name, I quickly end the call as I reached the driver.

'Hello.. I believe you must be Ms Seo Joohyun.. I'm Dewa.. Did you have a good flight Ms?' The middle aged man greeted me as he took over pushing the trolley. I nodded my head, making small conversation with the chatty, cheerful driver. 

 

'Ms, Welcome to Disini Luxury Spa Villa..My name is Seri..  We hope you would enjoy your long vacation stay with us... If you were to follow me, I would show you your villa now...' The pint sized lady greeted me as she lead me to my room. 

'I must say.. Everything looks so pretty here.. I'm already looking forward to my spa sessions...' At that moment, I felt like going for a holiday was the best decision I've ever made in a very long time. Everything looks so relaxed, so quiet, just nice for me to relax and think things thru.

'I'm glad that your in love with the resort,Ms.. This is your villa... If you need any help, feel free to ask any of our staffs.. I'll leave you to unpack and rest.. Have a good rest, Ms... ' Seri gave a slight bow as she leave me to my musings.

I wander around the villa, humming to myself as I take in the beautiful interior and the private pool in the back yard. Walking back to my language at the living room, I took out my phone as I dialled Appa's number.

'Yoboseyo.. Appa?'

'SEO JOO HYUN!! Yah!! Where are you!! How could you just leave me a letter and basically move to another country!! How could you! I thought we were friends!! BEST FRIENDS!!' The angry voice of Kim Jongdae rang through the other line. I sigh slightly as I walk to the window.

'DONT YOU DARE SIGH AT ME! ARE YOU NOT GOING TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF?!!' 

'Jongdae-ah..' 

'Oh.. on a second note.. no thanks.. Keep your excuses to yourself.. Take good care of yourself.. Joo Hyun-ssi.. Samchon.. I believe its your daughter looking for you... '  

I heard shuffling and low rumblings over the other line. Guilt and hurt coarse thru my entire body as his hurt voice kept replaying in my mind. 

'Princess..?'

'Appa.. I've reached the hotel safely..' 

'I'm sorry.. He snatched my phone away from me.. He's a wreck right now.. that boy.. Let him cool down, neh... He's behaving this way.. because he care for you, my dear... ' 

'I understand, Appa.. Anyway.. I'm tired.. I'm just going to have an early night.. Good night , Appa.. I love you.. Take good care of yourself.. Please make sure he's alright.. ' 

'Araso.. Dont worry about me.. Just have a good rest, princess... I love you too, my dear...' 

I waited till Appa hanged up before collapsing on the king sized bed. Closing my eyes, I realized that I had went thru a whole of a hell this past year, and I want to go back, stronger and better Joo Hyun. 

 

Author's Note: Finally I've updated.. haha Been super busy and it doesnt help that I had a terrible writer's block.. Anyway.. Enjoy this short chapter.. I'll try to update more often.. Feedbacks are welcomed!!

^^

Much Love...