Three!

Betrayal and Forgiveness.

Its been 2 months since that unfortunate incident. Everyone been acting extra careful, walking on eggshells around us. Honestly it's suffocating.

I still have nightmares. Every night, I would hear babies crying, see dead fetuses in my nightmares. I would wake up in a fit, in the wee morning, to find the spot beside me cold and empty. 

He said he's busy. He's having a huge project. Thats the reason why he needs to have meetings that drag till late night and sleeping in his office was the easist and most convenient. 

I glanced at the clock, it was close to midnight. Dinner was still cold, untouched. I stood up, walking slowly to the kitchen to do the dishes. Everyday would be the same routine, I would just clear dinner, food wasted just like that. I was drying the dishes when I heard the front door jiggling, open. I placed the plates down as I rushed out to greet Joonmyun oppa.

'Oppa.. Your back..' I gave him a small smile, rushing to the studyroom to put away his briefcase. The smell of cigarettes and alchohol reach my nose as he grunted back. He staggered to the sofa, letting out a long sigh as he pinched his nose bridge. I shook my head, knowing that he must be from some outing entertaining clients.

'Oppa? Do you want some hot drinks? I'll start your bath now..' I called out from the studyroom. No response from him. Walking towards the kitchen, I called out his name again.

'Oppa? I'll prepare some ginger tea for you.. Or do you want soup instead?' I ask as I start boiling the water.. 

'Do whatever you want...' He replied back, his head tilted back and eyes tightly shut. 

'Araso, Oppa.. why dont you change first.. take a shower and freshen up?' I called out from the kitchen. I frowned when there was no answer from him. I approached the sofa, calling him again.

'Oppa?' 

'WHAT?! What is it that you want from me? I'm tired! Cant you see! Just leave me alone!!' He shouted, as he run his fingers thru his hair.

I backed against the wall, shocked that he raised his voice. 'O-Oppa..Mi-mianhe.. I-I j-just w-wanted to h-help..' I stuttered, afraid to agitate him further. He sigh out loudly, he threw a glance at me before walking into the bedroom.

Tears trickling down my cheeks as I dragged myself back to the kitchen. I sniffled back the sob as I stood by the sink. The kettle whistle loudly,signalling that the boiling water was ready. I quickly grabbed the handle of the kettle, to carry it off the stove. My mind was too preoccupied that I didnt realized that I had attempted to carry the hot kettle using my barehands. 

'Ahhhhh!!!' 

I dropped the kettle in a hurry, spilling the hot water over my left foot. I let out a frustrated cry as I felt the hot searing pain radiating over my right hand and left foot.I quickly grabbed the ice pack from the fridge, clenching my teeth tightly as I hold it in my right hand. I put aside the kettle to the side, cleaned up the mess I made, all this while trying to bear the pain.

 I hobbled slowly towards the living room, collapsing on to the couch. I glanced towards my left foot which has turn a bright red, Small blisters were now forming over my foot. 

'Aish! Yah you idiot!' I cursed myself as I tried to ease the ice pack over my foot. I regretted placing the icepack over my foot as the pain shoot up my entire leg. I eyed the clock, it was already 0130hrs, and I knew somehow I need to get my foot treated. I glanced towards the closed door, afraid to wake him up as he would have to wake up early tomorrow. 

Grabbing my phone on the table, I quickly punched in the number I memorized since young. I almost gave up, ending the call when his sleepy voice greeted me.

'Yah... Kim JooHyun! Do you even know whats the time now?'  

'Jongdae-ah.. I need your help..' I croaked, trying my best to sound normal and to not freak him out.

'Whats so urgent till you have to disturb my beauty sleep now? You sound sleepy.. Just go to sleep, Joohyun-ah...' I rolled my eyes. He had always been very particular about people disturbing his sleep.

'I need your help to drive me to the hospital.. I injured myself.. please Jongdae.. it hurts too much right now..' I begged him, my foot numb from the pain. I heard rustling of bedsheets from the other side.

'Aish! Why didnt you tell me earlier! Can you walk? Tell you what, just wait in your apartment! I'll be there in 15mins!' His voice frantic as he hang up the phone. Feeling grateful that he's sending me to the hospital, I hobbled back to the kitchen to grab an energy drink for him, before going down to the lobby to wait for him. I figured that by the time I reached the lobby, he would have just arrived. 

I took a last look at the closed bedroom door, before quietly leaving the house. Due to the swelling and blister, I couldnt even put on my sandals. Clenching my teeth, I slowly make my way down to the lobby barefooted. I was sweating bullets by the time I reach the lobby, tired from bearing the pain. I hobbled out of the lift lobby towards the pickup point. I leaned against the wall as I shake my foot slightly, trying to ease the pain.

'Joohyun!!' 

I turned around, there he was, jogging towards me in his bermudas and sleeveless tshirt. I gave him a weak smile as he reached closer. His eyebrow scrunched up in a frown as he saw me painfully leaning agaimst the wall. 

'I thought I told you to wait upstairs? Look at how red and swollen it is now! Joohyun, you babo! Do you think you can make it till the car?' He chided. I nodded my head weakly as I limped forward. 

I heard him muttering to himself, and the next thing I knew I was in his arms. 'Shut up! And woman! Do you even eat?!! You lose weight is it?! Aish!' 

He continue mumbling to himself till we reach the car. He lowered me down to the ground before helping me in the passenger seat. 

'Put your leg up.. should help with the swelling..' He ordered as he climbed into the driver seat. I slowly brought my leg up, as I rested my head against the window. 

'Gomawo Jongdae-ah.. and sorry to be disturbing you so late.. ' I muttered,closing my eyes, feeling tired.

'You already know that I would do anything for you, Joohyun-ah.. But where is Joonmyun hyung?' His eyes questioning me thru the rearview mirror. I cleared my throat slightly. 

'I'm tired.. heres a drink for you.. wake me up once we reach..' I close my eyes tightly, trying my best to block out the colorful language that had escaped from his mouth. Ever since that day, Jongdae had lose all the respect he had for Joonmyun Oppa. He was upset by the way Joonmyun oppa had acted. We had fought over this so many times that I've learnt to ignore Jongdae when he's in his faulty mood. 

I was thankful that he was willing to help. I knew that I would get into trouble if I were to wake Joonmyun oppa up. Sighing softly, I drifted slowly to sleep.... 

 

 

A/N : 

Please read & enjoy!!

Dont forget to leave a comment yea!! 

lols

Peace out!! 

^^