Eleven!

Betrayal and Forgiveness.

'...Because I want to be that man...'

I look away from his eyes, looking down on my feet, knowing that I couldnt bear to look at him in the eye. I couldnt even wrap my mind around the fact that all this while I've been so dense.

'I...' I opened my mouth to reply, but nothing could come out, nothing I knew worth explaining.

'I know this may come abit rushed, especially after what you went through.. But I'm telling you now that, the girl I've always told you in high school, in university... That girl was you, Joohyun... I've been in love with you since forever... I've regretted my decision to not step forward and woo you.. And let you suffer all this heartache and rotten relationships.... I'm not asking for any answer from you... I just want to get it off my chest... Its been too long, Joohyun-ah... That I couldnt look at another girl without comparing that girl with you... The way her hair falls compared to yours, the way your smile lits up the darkest room, the way your laughter fills the area... I just cant... Its funny right...' He chuckled slightly, taking a sip of the can coffee.

All this while, I really thought that he was really in love with someone else. The way his eyes sparkle when he was talking about this other 'girl', and it turn out that, that girl was me.

'But... But why didnt you say anything?' I managed to croak out.

'Because I'm afraid, Joohyun-ah.. I dont want to lose the friendship we had... I'm afraid that you'll reject me.. and I'll end up losing both, your friendship and your love... So I thought that I would be happy if your happy.. Who knows that all this would happen, who knows that you will go through all of this... its painful... to be keeping quiet all this while.. ignoring my feelings towards you... But I cant take it, after what happen...' He ran his fingers thru his dark hair, sighing slightly. 

I was shocked, I saw it coming, but to hear his confession out loud was still a big shock to me. All those years that, he stayed by my side, all those stories about the dates I used to go with Joonmyeon oppa. Suddenly i feel so guilty, knowing that I've put him thru all this, and yet he's still here, beside me, at every step I take. 

'Jongdae, I'm so sorry...' I paused, trying to find the proper words or even to apologize to him for putting him in such a misery. I'm not as strong as him, to be able to smile happily when inside I'm hurting the person I love, getting married to the wrong guy, making all the stupid mistakes. I just cant.

 'No.. dont be sorry.. Joohyun-ah.. I know that I'm pushing it too far... to be confessing like this to my best friend.. hah! I got to go.. just remembered that I've an appointment later... See you Joohyun..' He stood up, brushing off the dirt from his pants, before walking off in the opposite direction.

'Jongdae-ah.. thats not what I meant!!' I stood up in a hurry, pushing aside the food, to chase after him. But due to the shocked from his confession, my legs gave way. 

'OW!! YAH KIM JONGDAE!!' I shrieked the moment I felt my cheek grazing the rough pavement. I winced, feeling the painful, throbbing sensation over my cheek and both knees.

'JOOHYUN!!' I hear him rushing to my side, pulling me upright. 

'What should I do with you, Joohyun-ah.. Everytime I try to leave you, you had to do something stupid that makes me want to stay and protect you...' He mumbled, wiping the blood away from my cheek. 

'Why do you.. OW! Its painful, Jongdae... Why do you even want to leave?' I bite my lip as I watch his fingers ghost over the nasty cut over my knees.

'Why? Just...' 

'What if I dont want you to leave? What if.. I want to give this a chance... A chance for you to win my heart... A chance for you to mend my broken heart.. To make me fall in love and believe that happy endings do happen... Why dont you try, Jongdae-ah?' I asks, blinking the tears away.

'What.. do you mean by that?' He stopped cleaning the wound, lifting my chin up staring into my eyes, looking for answers.

'You know I dont repeat myself... And Jongdae, you halfway there...' I whispered, feeling light headed as the smell of blood hits my nostrils. 

'YAH! Dont you dare, faint on me now!!' 

I gave him a smile, before letting the darkness takes over.

.......................................

'Joohyun... I'll be there in 5 mins.. See you later...' 

I smile to myself, my hands continue to apply the blusher lightly on my cheeks. Its been 2 weeks since I fainted in his arms, and we decided to take things slow, and start going on dates. To be frank, I was nervous. I was never this nervous when I was dating Joonmyeon oppa. 

'You can do this, Joohyun-ah... Jongdae is your old friend... It wont be awkward!!' I gave myself a small pep before applying the liptint lightly. 

'Ding Dong!' 

'Wah.. thats fast... Okay.. Breathe in and breathe out!! Hwaiting Seo Joo Hyun!!' I could feel my heart literally beating out of my chest. I took a deep breath before rushing to the door let Jongdae in.

'Hello, beautiful... You're looking wonderful as usual...' 

I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks as I hear his compliment. Sweet tongue Kim Jongdae was still something that I need to get use to. 

'Thank You, Jongdae-ah.. You dont look that bad yourself..' I smiled, letting him in to the apartment. 

'I know right... I've been told that I'm getting more and more handsome... I picked something on the way for you...' He winked, giving me a stalk of sunflower. 

'Ah.. my favourite!!' 

'Thats the perk of dating your best friend... He knows eveyrthing about you... Are you ready?' 

Once again, I could feel my cheeks heating up, I huffed slightly before running to the kitchen to get a small glass of water to put the sunflower.

'Give me a min, I need to tie up my hair and we're good to go... Oh where are we going?' I called out from the kitchen.

'I prefer your hair, tied up in a messy ponytail... Its a secret! Hurry up, we are running late!!' He answered from the living room. I rolled my eyes at his bossy attitude, but yet, I was tying my hair up in a messy ponytail. 

'Why do I get this feeling that I wont be regretting this?' I murmured, staring at my own reflection.

'Because, I've love you 25 years.. And I would continue to love you till my last breath...'

I turned around to find him standing at the doorframe, smiling gently at me. 

'And I thank you for that... Come let's go, Mr Loverboy...' 

........................

 

Author's Note:

Hey Hey Hey..

This is the last chappie!!

Sorry for the abrupt ending.. 

Its just that from the last chappie, I felt that this fic aint getting any love... 

Sob Sob Sob...

So i've decided to end it on a good note...

I wish to thank my subs, those who have upvoted, read and enjoy the story...

I would gladly appreciate if you guys can continue to give me support in my other fics!!

Thank You & Peace Out yalls!!

XOXO