Ten!

Betrayal and Forgiveness.

'This is it, Seo Joohyun!! Its time to face reality!!' I muttered to myself as I stepped out of the customs. Pushing the luggage cart, my eyes wandering around looking for the familiar figure.

'Princess!!!'  My head whipped to the direction of Appa's voice. Smiling widely, I pushed my cart towards him before giving him a big hug. 

'Appa!! I miss you so much!!' 

'I miss you too.. Princess... Aigoo.. My princess is getting more beautiful...' Appa gushes as he gave me a peck on the forehead.Even though I knew he wouldnt be around, I couldnt help but scanned the waiting area for him. 

'Joohyun... He's not here... He's still angry.. that boy...' Appa shakes his head as he lead me to the carpark. My heart sank, knowing that I've hurt him badly.

'Its alright,, Appa... Come! Lets go and have dinner!! i'm super hungry!!' 

 

'Appa.. How are you?' I asked, taking a sip of the water.

'I'm fine, princess... Jongdae's been very good.. taking good care of me.. bringing me for doctor's appointment..' 

'Appa.. I'm sorry for troubling you.. for not being a good daughter towards you...' I said, reaching for his hand. 

'Joohyun.. I'm the one who suggested for you to go abroad and to get to know yourself again... I'm happy if my one and only princess is happy as well..' Appa replied patting my cheek. 

'Enough of the sappy talk.. I'll be going to the washroom.. Give me a min, princess... Whatever happens, its because we love you...' Chuckling, appa stood up giving me a peck on the cheek.

'Araso, Appa...' I answered. I took out my phone, looking at his number, wandering how he is. To apologize, so many things that needed to be said to him, for everything he has done for me. 

'I dont think he would reply or even answer my calls.. Afterall he is a stubborn guy...' I muttered, throwing the phone back inside my purse.

'Research shown that people who talk to themselves are either geniuses or plain crazy... For you, I think its the latter...' 

Surprised, I turned around to find him standing behind of me with that grin of his. 

'Jongdae?'

'Oh.. How would you know that he wouldnt reply or answer your call.. you never know if you never try, my dear friend...' Jongdae said as he casually took a seat beside me.

'I miss you!!' I said, giving him a tight hug before settling back into my seat.

'Ermmm... Jongdae.. I'm sorry for leaving without telling you...'

'Your letter is enough explaination.. I'm sorry for shouting over the phone.. I was just worried, babo-yah....' He said, giving me that grin that I missed the most.Once again, he proves that he was indeed a great man and a good friend.

'So I believe the 2 of you have made up? Thats good.. Lets eat now...' Appa walks in, clapping his hands.

'Appa.. how could you plan all this! You know how I hate surprises..' I whined as I watch the 2 fistbump and Jongdae telling Appa how I looked when I saw him. 

I was thankful for these 2 men in my life. Watching how the two interacts warms my heart, and I regret not falling in love with him.

 

'Joohyun... How have you been?' He greeted as he reach the table. Smiling, I gestured him to take a seat before signalling for the waiter to come and take his order. 

'Can I have one iced americano please...' he ordered before looking at me nervously.

'Oppa... I believe you received the letter well?' I ask, looking at the man who used to have my heart. The two month spent in Bali really taught me alot, I learnt to let go and love myself again. Being with Joonmyeon oppa seems like the right thing to do, but its not the right decision for me.

'Yes.. Joohyun.. I'm sorry for all that I've done to you... ' 

'No.. Oppa.. I've long forgive you... Afterall we used to lead a happy life together.. I just wish you a happy life from now on...' I said, sincerely hoping that he would be able to continue life and be happy with his choices.

'Thank you Joohyun for understanding.. I really appreciate it.. And you too.. I wish you happiness with Jongdae....' 

Hearing his name, makes me choke on the drink. I wiped my mouth with the napkin, throwing Joonmyeon oppa an apologetic look.

'Jongdae? Very funny, oppa.. We are just friends..' I nervously clears my throat.

'You're the funny one, Joohyun.. He's in love with you since forever... A blind person could even see that...' Joonmyeon oppa chuckled.

'Oppa... Enough of teasing me.. I'll miss you.. As a friend...' I said, changing the topic. 

We spent the whole afternoon,, reminiscing old memories. Its been 2 months since the day that our marriage crumbled. I was thankful that divorce process was done quickly. I had returned for a day trip to settle the court process without Appa's knowledge. I was proud of myself that I was able to settle it by myself. Looking across the table, listening to Joonmyeon oppa speaks, made me realize that it wasnt my fault that our marriage fails, he was a good man but it just that we werent meant for each other.

 

'Jongdae... Can I meet you? I'll be at the usual place...' I hanged up, not waiting for his answer. Sitting at the bench,watching other cyclists and couples minding their own stuffs. Sighing, I recalled what Joonmyeon oppa said before we parted ways at the cafe.

'Seriously, Joohyun.. Why cant you see that he has always been in love with you?? Your really a stubborn woman... He deserves a chance to be with you' Joonmyeon gave me one last hug before walking in the opposite direction leaving me standing, frozen infront of the cafe.

'Joohyun...sometimes your happy ending is just right infront of you.. but you decided to take a detour.. Its fine, princess.. Now you need to seize what is infront of you.. Araso?' Appa winked.

Looking at him weirdly, I nod my head before retiring in for the night. How funny it is that during lunch, Joonmyeon oppa is talking about giving someone's a second chance, and now Appa is talking about seizing what is infront and happy ending. Shaking my head, I let my sleepiness take over as I rolled to sleep.

Looking back, on the memories I share with him, its seems like he had feelings more that a friend should have. Afterall, he had always been very vocal about he feels towards me.

'Aish, pabo yah.. How could I even love someone clumsy like you?' He mumbled.

'What did you say? I didnt catch that?' I joked, making him flustered. 

'What did I say?' He had turn, bright red avoiding eye contact.

'I know Jongdae ah.. I love you too! Your my one and only best friend in the whole wide world!!' I said, hugging him tightly.

 'How come I didnt realize it before this?' Sighing again, I took out of the kimbap I bought, munching on it while waiting for him to come.

'Firstly, you call me out in the middle of my meeting without telling me why and now your eating without waiting for me...' 

I turned around surprised at the sudden intrusion. 

'Jongdae! You should learn to stop creeping up people like that! I didnt expect you to be from work.. Frankly speaking, I was prepared to wait..' Giving him the evil eye, I gestured to the small bag of food and drinks I had prepared. 

 'Who says I creep up on people? Only best friends that I love to death who annoyingly go missing for 2 months.. ' He poked his tongue out as he reaches over to grab a can of coffee. 

Maybe it was because of what Joonmyeon oppa had said,  my heart started to beat faster at his usual burst of affection. I tried to calm myself down, knowing that this is his way of showing that he care and that it was something normal. But my body was acting like a traitor, I could feel my cheeks turning red.

'Stop it Joohyun.. this is not the time!' I muttered to myself as I looked away, blushing hard.

'I think it must be the Bali water... your now talking to yourself more often.. are you sure your not ill somewhere?' Jongdae teased, his fingers tapping his head. I rolled my eyes at his attempt to irritate me further.

'Anyway.. why do you need to meet me? You make it sound so urgent and important that you didnt even bother to wait for my answer..' Jongdae ask, his voice serious. Turning my head towards him, I took a deep breathe in.

'I just want to say Thank You for all that you've done for me.. Even though I didnt treat you well, by leaving without any explainations, you welcome me back with open arms... Thank you Kim Jongdae... I never once regret my decision to have you as my best friend.. and I'm sorry if all this while I've been making you worry..' I said, wiping the lone tear that had escaped from my eye. 

Silence took over as I mulled over what I had said, taking a peek towards him. He had his eyes closed, his mouth in a straight line. He suddenly opened his eyes and look at me straight in the eyes, piercing through my heart.

It was true that one reason why I looked forward to returning home was because of this man beside me. He was the reason why I knew I had to come home. 

'Because I regret my decision to let you go with another man, Joohyun-ah.. This time round... theres no way, I'm letting history repeat itself..  Because I want to be that man... ' 

 

 

Author's Note:

Hey I'm back!! Sorry for the long break.. keke

Anyway hopefully you guys r satisfied with these chapter! 

I've come back with 2new Seokai Fics! Go check it out and give me support ya? Haha

Enjoy and leave your tots behind! 

XOXO