Chapter 08

Switched At Birth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RICKY POV

What? Are you kidding me? There’s no way I am going to go with them! My home is where Grandma, ChunJi hyung, and Niel hyung are. I don’t need big mansion or whatever luxury they offered. I just want my family.

I know they are my real blood family, but they’re strangers to me. I don’t even know them. I admit it, I was kind of feeling guilty when I saw the visibly hurt on ByungHyun hyung face when I flat refused him. But that’s just natural responsive for me. Can you blame me when you are to send away from the family you know your whole life?

“You can’t be that selfish, can you Ricky?” The JongHyun guy looked angrily at me. What’s his problem anyway? Both of us are in the same boat right now. We’re both the victims of our parents’ carelessness. How can he call me selfish? I never wanted his family! He can have my real family, keep living as he does. 

“I never wanted to live your life anyway. You can still live like you do. I can still keep living like I do everyday.”

“NO!” JongHyun and ByungHyun hyung rejected at the same time. I was shocked. I can understand if ByungHyun hyung rejected it, but JongHyun? Wait a minute, is that mean he wanted to change place with me? Seriously? He wanted ChunJi hyung, Niel hyung, and Grandma??? But why…? I don’t understand.

“You are coming home with me!” ByungHyun hyung just said it sternly.

“Didn’t you hear what he said? He doesn’t want anything to do with you? He’s coming home with us!” Niel shielded Ricky behind him; didn’t want to let go of his maknae.

“Stay out of this, you thick-lip guy!!! I’m talking with my maknae!” ByungHyun hyung snapped angrily at Niel. The two of them are really stubborn and stone headed, didn’t want to lose to each other. Just as Niel hyung was about to snap back, another voice beat him to it.

“And I am your maknae. Your real, blood related maknae, not Ricky!” JongHyun finally snapped out of his anger as he glared at ChunJi hyung and Niel hyung. “I am your real baby brother, but you don’t even look at me. Why do I always being unwanted by my family?” with that, JongHyun ran away from us, but I didn’t miss to see the tears flowing down his face.

What the heck does he mean by ‘always unwanted’?

 

CHUNJI POV

When MinSoo was about to run after JongHyun, I stopped him. I ran after him myself. How stupid we are to forget about his existence. We’re too focused in fighting over Ricky that we forgot about another dongsaeng of us. No, there’s none to blame but myself; I totally forgotten about him; my real biological maknae.

As I saw on crying his heart out in the nearby bench, I slowly approached and took the seat behind him. Without saying anything, I just say there in silence without saying anything until he broke it himself. “I’m sorry.”

“What are you apologizing for?” I looked confusedly at him. I am the one who should apologize, not him. I am the one who forgotten about his existence.

“I know it’s childish of me to…” I didn’t let him finish his words as I embraced him in arm. I didn’t want him to apologize and blamed himself for anything. After all, whatever happened to these two families are not something we wanted either. It’s just fate playing with us.

“Never ever say sorry for something you didn’t do, JongHyun. It’s none fault. In fact, I believe that everything happened to us is for a reason.” I smiled at him and wiped his tears away. He seems surprised and smiled back at me. “Don’t even th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter