Chapter 04

Switched At Birth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MINSOO POV

Damn it!

I threw my phone away as I kept getting the same voicemail reply from JongHyun’s phone. Where has he gone too? I was worried sick about him. He must be heartbroken somewhere. I hate myself for not being able to be there for my maknae.

Damn that L.Joe! Did he need to announce it by tonight? It’s JongHyun birthday, for God’s sake! Thinking of his birthday, I just remembered the present I have prepared for him. I have imagined his happiness when he saw the very limited sport shoes I got him. But now... everything’s just an imagination.

“JongHyun-ah, where are you?”

I kept mumbling myself as I didn’t stop in keep searching for my dongsaeng. I need to find. So what if he’s not my real brother? We grew up together. He depends on me very much. So what if he’s not blood related to me? He’s still my maknae; the maknae I know and love for 16 years.

I didn’t say that I blamed ByungHyun for what he did. I completely understood from his standing, Ever since we’re still kids, ByungHyun had already clearly shown his rebel against his belief that JongHyun is not our brother. But who would believe him anyway? Dad and Mom always thought it’s because ByungHyun was jealous at the attention the maknae got.

“ByungHyun, you made JongHyun cried again, didn’t you?” Ten years old MinSoo scolded his dongsaeng.

“He kept clinging to me to play. I don’t want to play with him.” Nine years old ByungHyun defended himself.

“He’s your only dongsaeng. He just wanted to play with you. Just play with him, please.”

“No. He’s not my dongsaeng. My dongsaeng is somewhere else.” The stubborn ByungHyun kept insisting.

“Stop it, ByungHyun. Do you think by acting like a brat will make ease up your jealousy towards maknae? You’re the one who’s so eager and excited when you found out you’re going to have a dongsaeng.” MinSoo just couldn’t understand his brother’s behaviour.

“I’m not jealous, hyung! I love my dongsaeng. But JongHyun is not. Our real dongsaeng is somewhere else, being raised by another family. I told you already, but none believe me.”

“ByungHyun, you were only 2 by that time. How can you be so sure that the baby you saw behind the glass window is not JongHyun? All babies look the same!”

“NO! I’m sure, hyung! I would never ever forget how my dongsaeng look like. I stood there, watching him for hours, just him. How can I forget? I clearly remembered the first thought I had that dongsaeng is so cute, too cute made me love him immediately.”

“Again, all babies are cute, ByungHyun.”

ByungHyun just sighed as he gave up in his conversation with his idiotic hyung. “Whatever, hyung. I’m tired arguing with you. I’m going to my room.”

I sighed as I never thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter