Chapter 07

Switched At Birth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHUNJI POV

Right after Niel and ByungHyun were being bailed out of the police office, we decided to talk the matter out privately. With the sudden confession from grandma, everything turned messed up and seriously.

"Grandma, what did you say before wasn't true, right?" I heard Niel asked grandma impatiently. No, Niel wasn't asking. He was begging grandma to tell him what he wanted to hear.

"Niel-ah..." Judging from grandma expression, even I lost hope in wanting to hear the same thing as Niel. No, it can't be... No, Ricky is my baby maknae, isn't he? He is the maknae we have grown up with... He is the maknae of this family...

Automatically, my hand reached out to hold Ricky's hand tightly, afraid of him being taken away from me.

"I know you don't want to hear it, but Niel-ah, ChunJi-ah, this is the truth. Ricky is not your biological brother. He's not blood related to our family. He belongs to someone else."

"NO! NO! NO!" Niel just refused to accept the reality. Neither do I. There's no way Ricky is not our baby brother. No, this couldn't be true. No, this must be some jokes Grandma playing with us. Ricky is part of this family. And that's the end of the story.

"Grandma, don't you want me anymore? Why did you say that?" Ricky suddenly hugged our grandma, crying.

"Ricky-ah, how could you say that? Of course Grandma want you. You know how much Grandma love you, even more than your hyungs. How can Grandma not want you?" Grandma was almost in tears. "But Grandma can't be selfish. Grandma can't keep you with us forever."

"No, grandma. Just keep me with you. I want to be with you and hyungs. You are my family. Please don't throw me away. Grandma, I beg you." I couldn't hold my tears seeing my crying baby maknae.

"Maknae..."

 

BYUNGHYUN POV

I couldn't take it anymore. Seeing my maknae cried, my heart just broke. I just wanted to hug and comfort him. Without I realized it, I just called him as I got closer to him.

"Maknae..."

But that Niel guy cut me half way before I can get closer to my maknae. Gosh, I really hate this thick lip guy.

"Stay away from our maknae!"

What the hell? Who does he think he is? His maknae? Is he kidding me right now? Is he deaf? Didn't he hear it from his own grandmother that Ricky is not his brother?

"Are you deaf or something? Didn't you hear your grandmother just said he's not your brother? He's not your maknae! He's my maknae!"

"It doesn't mean he's your brother either? What proof you have on that? Don't think you can easily fool me. Even he's not blood related to us, he's still my maknae. Forever our maknae." that thick lip guy just snapped back at me.

I was really furious. I was about to lay a punch if not for MinSoo hyung stepped out again. "Let's do DNA test for confirmation then. Although I know it sounds crazy, but I know Ricky is our lost baby brother once I saw him before. But to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter