Chapter 02

Switched At Birth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L.Joe was back in Korea. It was been five years ago since his last time back home in Korea. As he walked out of the arrival hall, he dashed directly towards the white sport car that has been prepared for him. The first place on his mind wasn’t home but the hospital.

Why? Because he was in rush of getting the result of the DNA test he performed secretly behind his parents and brothers back.

“Young Master ByungHyun...” the man L.Joe paid secretly to the job greeted him in manner. He led L.Joe to the doctor room that in charge of the secret mission.

“Mr. ByungHyun, the result of DNA test you asked to perform showed that you are 98% not blood related to your brother.”

As the doctor announced the result, L.Joe couldn’t help but still shocked. Although he might predicted the result, but still, it’s very different when you know that’s the truth. Mixed feeling occupies L.Joe; uneasy because he didn’t know how to face the fact that his little brother indeed isn’t blood related after all, and he has no idea how to face him from now on or tell the news to the family. Or should he reveal it out?

Another part of him feels relief as well because now, he knows that he’s not insane or crazy when he has been doubting all those years that JongHyun isn’t his little brother. He didn’t know why and how, but he clearly remembered the day when his mom gave birth to his little brother, he has been the first one so eager to meet him. He remembered clearly how happy he was when he didn’t budge from his standing spot, watching his little brother from the glass window of the hospital. Just the first glance at his little brother, he knew he’s in love with the baby.

Although he’s only 2 at that time, he was sure that the little baby his mother brought back home wasn’t their little JongHyun. It’s someone else JongHyun. Not his JongHyun. No matter how he protested and rebelled but the parents just didn’t listen to him, even scolded him for not loving his brother. What can he do though? He’s only 2.

As they grew up, he found himself slowly and slowly avoided JongHyun and acted mean towards him. JongHyun has always wanted to play with him but he just flat refused him. Although his hyung had tried his best to make L.Joe accept JongHyun, but he just couldn’t. He couldn’t feel the connection between JongHyun and himself.

After all those years living in US, he had tried to kill his doubt of JongHyun. He really wanted accepted that maybe he’s the one being wrong, but his heart still wouldn’t let him. His heart still the same, insisted that he’s right. JongHyun is that little brother he saw behind the glass window. In the end, he decided to do something boldly. He hired someone to do DNA test against himself, JongHyun, and CAP. He just wanted real answer for all those miseries he doubted all those years.

And right now, when the answer had been displayed in front of his eyes, he was speechless. But is this answer really going to solve everything? Or this answer will only complicate the situation even more?

 

“Yo Ricky! What are you daydreaming there about? It’s lunch time! Usually you’re the first one to run out of the class.” One of Ricky’s best friends, Jongup looked at him confusedly. “Ricky?”

“I’m not hungry, Jongup. You can go first if you want.”

Jongup just raised his eyebrows confusingly. That is definitely not his friend. They have been friends since like forever. He knows his friend too well. “Well, I’m not going anywhere then. You better tell me what’s wrong or I’ll tell your hyung.”

“YAH! Whose side are you on, actually? You are my friend, how can you betray me?” Ricky yelled annoyingly at his frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter