Chapter 12

Switched At Birth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JONGHYUN POV

“How are you doing, JongHyun-ah? Can you adjust to your new living with your family?” MinSoo hyung asked me. I was surprised when he showed up in my school just before to talk. “You know, you are always welcome at home anytime. It’s still your home, and your room is still your room. Just come home when you feel like it, ok?”

I was really touched by MinSoo hyung cares for me. He’s still my MinSoo hyung, the hyung who I depend a lot; the only hyung who actually really cares for me.

“Hyung, thank you...” I sincerely thanked him. I couldn’t express my gratitude towards him other than thanking. As always the cool MinSoo hyung, he just smiled widely at me, showing me his free laugh I kind of miss.

“JongHyun-ah, I will be flying to LA tomorrow. ByungHyun and I will take Ricky to meet Dad and Mom.” His sudden confession made stunned. Los Angeles? Dad and Mom? Stupid me! Of course they’ll know for sure. Wait, no, they’re not my Dad and Mom anymore. They’re Ricky’s.

Then something struck me suddenly, “Will you come back to Korea again, hyung?” I looked nervously at him. But instead of answering my question, MinSoo hyung just turned away from my eyes and kept silent. In that moment, I can feel my heart break and a bit hurt as I stammered out what I didn’t wish to be. “You’ll be staying in LA, isn’t it hyung?”

MinSoo hyung sighed before he replied me, “Honestly, I don’t know yet, JongHyun. But ByungHyun will definitely keep Ricky with me there. Dad and Mom also have plan for me to continue my study there, so we can spend time to get to know Ricky more.”

So, it’s all for Ricky? Even Dad and Mom wanted Ricky to stay with them? The whole family? Why couldn’t they do that for me though? Before Ricky, I was their youngest son! Now that they know about Ricky, they didn’t even think of me at all?

Seems like MinSoo hyung could read what I was thinking as he quickly added, “Dad and Mom said that you could come along too, JongHyun. They haven’t forgotten about you. You’re still their son also.”

Dad... Mom...

I’m sorry for doubting you... With these words from MinSoo hyung, it’s already enough for me to show that you do really care for me, although I’m not your son. Thank you Dad... Thank you Mom...

Smiling at MinSoo hyung, I just said, “MinSoo hyung, I don’t want to bother the family time. You guys wanted to spend more time with Ricky to get to know him. I want to spend more time to get to know my family as well. Besides, you know I could never get used to LA. I don’t like LA.”

MinSoo hyung just smiled back at me. “I know you would say that. Just promise me one thing, JongHyun. No matter what problem you have or when you needed someone to talk, always remember me, ok? Just pick up your phone and dialled my number. I will always be 24/7 available for you.”

I just chuckled at MinSoo hyung, “I know, hyung. Thank you.” Then, suddenly caught into my brain as I asked curiously at MinSoo hyung, “How about Ricky then? Is he really can let go of here, and move to LA, hyung? Or he doesn’t know yet about permanent stay in LA?”

“That’s the thing I’m confused too. Knowing Ricky, he won’t be willingly to leave his family in here. But when ByungHyun informed him about it, he just agreed right away with no rejection or comments. And yes, he knew it won’t be for temporary stay. I even asked him myself. He just flat out said he wanted to leave Korea. But he wouldn’t tell me why.”

Oh God! Could it be because what I’ve said to him? Oh No! What should I do? Should I apologize for my harsh words? Or should I just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter