Chapter 05

Switched At Birth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the public high school bell rang, Ricky and his best friend Jongup ran among other kids towards the school gate. The two best friends were walking towards the bus stop while chatting and laughing as usual until they got inside the bus.

“Seriously Ricky? Are you sure you want to do this? Your hyungs might get mad at you if they find out you’re taking another part time job behind their back?” Jongup asked his best friend in serious tone.

“As long as you don’t say a thing, none will know, right? Besides, I really want to buy that brand watch for ChunJi hyung graduation gift. I need to save up money and earn more if I want to buy that brand watch.”

“But taking two part time jobs and still has to keep your grade in school is really tough, my friend.”

“I know that. But don’t worry. I can do it. If ChunJi hyung can do it, I can too.”

“Fine, whatever you want.”

“Thanks, friend. Come on, we’re almost late for the interview at the bakery.”

 

In the end, Ricky got the extra job in the bakery store quite far from the places where his hyungs would pass by, in case being caught by them. Every day, he will work at the bakery after school and then continued with his original part time work in small mart near his home until night. A week has passed by smoothly for him until his brothers have started to get suspicious on why he’s taking the night shift the mart instead the afternoon one like he usually takes.

“Maknae-ah, you look so tired. Do you want hyung to talk to the manager to let you take the afternoon shift instead?” ChunJi asked his maknae who seemed dead tired on the couch after his shift.

Hearing what his brother said, he shot up right away. “What? No, hyung. I’m practically fine. I don’t want you to talk to the manager. I can do it hyung.”

“But maknae...”

ChunJi was about to argue but being cut out directly from the maknae. “Hyung, I’m not a kid anymore. Don’t worry too much about me, ok? Just worry about Niel hyung, he’s practically clinging to me now like my babysitter.”

Just as Ricky finished his whine, the front door was opened, revealing the bright Niel with supper on his hand. “Maknae! Dumplings you love!!”

“Speak of the devil.” ChunJi just grinned, seeing how the maknae ran away in express speed inside the bedroom, ignoring Niel who kept shouting at the maknae.

“What’s with him? I bought him his favourite food!” Niel looked confused at ChunJi.

“Niel, maybe you need to give maknae some space. Seriously though, if it’s me, I’ll feel very irritated by your clinging like a glue. What’s wrong with you, Niel? You act weird lately after that nightmare you had.” ChunJi asked his dongsaeng seriously.

Niel sighed as he threw himself on the couch beside ChunJi. “I don’t know hyung. I just have this wei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter