Re-Match

Beyond the Screen

"Yah, Joonyoung-ah, wake up,"
Upon hearing his name called, Joonyoung stirs on his seat and notices a cup of ice americano handed by his manager. He accepts it gratefully, it is so damn hard to keep his eyes awake these days.

"I guess we will be late for at least an hour. I already informed the PD but in case he checked our whereabouts," his manager handed his phone, "I am driving anyway so just reply if there is any text from the staff."

"You are so naive to hand your personal phone to me, hyung." Joonyoung's eyes are shining upon seeing hyung's phone. Never mind the coffee, he is fully awake now.

"Shut up. If a certain someone didn't wake up so late, we'd already be there right now," his manager glares at him while swiftly changing the lane.

"I was practicing until late! The song was really hard and the lyric was difficult to memorize," Joonyoung whines while playing game on his manager's phone. His manager snorts but keeps his focus on the road.

Few minutes later his own phone is vibrating. Joonyoung grunted, now his game is disturbed.

From: Wifey noona
How nice of you making your woman waiting so long like this huh.

To: Wifey noona
I am busy busy busyyyyyy.
Buin noona, as my wife you must be happy if I am busy
😎 And you don't even have schedule anyway... kkkk

Joonyoung chuckled, he knows if he says that in front of her instead of text message, she will already smack him for good for bringing up her current unemployed state.


Two hours later, they finally arrive in the WGM house. Hurriedly, his manager busily talks to the PD and staff as to why they are late. Joonyoung grins sheepishly and flashes his smile, apologizing. He then enters the house.

"Hello hello I am here~" greeted Joonyoung in cheeky way, only to be surprised by the sight of Jung Yoo Mi  in front of his arcade game.

"Noona what are you doing?"

Yoo Mi's fingers are moving rigorously, directing the missile to shoot the enemies, obviously ignoring Joonyoung's greeting.

"Oh you are here? Good, then we can start shooting soon," said Yoo Mi, her eyes still fixed on the screen.

"Are you possessed by some ghost or something....." he looks at her in disbelief. If someone told him he was dreaming, he will wholeheartedly believe it. Otherwise, how is it possible that Jung Yoomi is sitting right there, playing an arcade game she surely complained and despised only few weeks ago?

The sound of the game fills the quiet air between them while Yoo Mi’s hands are still fixed on the console. Joon Young stands beside her, inspecting her hand movement while his mouth gapes in disbelief.

Game over. Yoomi finally looks up and grins mischievously.
"Well, at first I plan to destroy your arcade game as revenge since you wasted few hours of my and all staffs' time here. But then I thought better idea....." she now moves her fingers on the console, then presents the score board.

"Well, I propose arcade tournament to staffs so we are playing just now. You see..." she taps her finger on the screen, "I even beat your score. Turns out I am not so bad after all." she shrugged and grinned again, leaving confused and disbelieved Joonyoung still looking at the monitor.

"Uh-uh, don't even try. We have a marriage to shoot. Change. Now." said Yoomi in stern voice, knowing fully aware how much he wants to play and beat her score.

"You know what," suddenly his stylist appears beside him and handing him sets of clothes, "I kinda love your wife now."

Joonyoung groans. He is not amused. At all.