Love Actually

Beyond the Screen

"How is it that you haven't even debuted yet but your fansite has thousands of members signed up already?" Yoo Mi complained while they faced the computer screen showing Joon Young's fansite page. The cafe where they met was unusually quiet for the busy Hongdae, but Joon Young scoffed earlier when she raised that question. Apparently he intentionally chose this cafe because it just opened, and they also sat in the corner. 

"Noona, you see, now you understand why I choose this cafe, who knows some of my fans wander around Hongdae and decide to enter this cafe? I am just famous like that," Joon Young said with the apparent smug face.

"Brat. You are technically not debuted yet and I am you senior by 9 years. If there's anyone who recognizes us, it's gonna be one of my fans." she hissed, but quickly changed topic into a more pressuring matter, "So, how about that task we have to do for We Got Married? Have you been thinking about it?"

Joon Young rubbed his eyes, clearly exhausted, "Ugh I don't know. Between the post-production and practice and other schedules, I still haven't got time to think about it." He then made a big yawn and rested his head on the table. It almost made her feel sorry. Almost.

"Gosh I knew you won't even think about this task." Yoo Mi pinched his right ear, forcing him to get his head off the table and facing her, "Read this. Earlier the writer and I shared ideas on how to incorporate your debut in our segment. You know, aside the whole you enslave me during the mv shooting last week. Panel appearance, guerilla ideas, details, we had it all figured out."

"Still rough scenario, and I still need to talk this out to manager and my company, but I like it. Wait, what's this question mark?" He pointed on the paper.

"Oh that. It was her idea for us to put some kind of special stage where probably.....we can sing together or perform something. But that is certainly something I can do without! We can just scratch that. Totally. I mean, it's your debut. No one wants me to go on the stage especially when the audience will all be your fans. Nope. Definitely not gonna happen. And it takes time to practice," Yoo Mi took a breath before continuing, "You know what, let's definitely scratch that one."

Joon Young grinned. She rambled when she was nervous. No way would he let this one go, especially because last week they went to karaoke with staff and he heard her singing. 

"You kidding?? That is a brilliant idea! We can sing something fun and it will be great. Everyone will love to see that on our segment."

"Not happening. You remember how I sing from that last karaoke session." She shook her head.

"But we singing something will balance my music. It also suits our concept to do this kind of thing!"

"I cannot believe you entertain this idea. Why should we do more stuff like this? I am busy, you are busy. Let's just not go there."

"Noona, let me just remind you that technically now, you are unemployed. You are certainly not busy." He whispered cheekily. She sighed, feeling that this would not go the way she wanted.

***

"I still cannot believe we are doing this."

Joon Young knew she would say yes eventually. Of course, after all the talks he said about this being his debut and all that bull. Honestly, he just wanted her on stage, since he also suspected that she secretly enjoyed singing. 

"So what's the song?" Yoo Mi asked while scrolling the phone, trying to get ideas on which song they would perform together.

"Nagging? You know, male-female duet, cute song, suits the constant nagging you did to me?"

"Nope. I veto that song. Another." Yoo Mi didn't exactly know the whole song, but she vaguely remembered that high key IU sang in. No freaking way.

After many songs threw in the discussion which either Yoo Mi or Joon Young vetoed, he sighed in desperation. "Okay how about this," Joon Young played a song on his phone, which automatically got her attention.

"Wait, I love this song!" Yoo Mi smiled enthusiastically as Love Actually by Sunny Hill & Daybreak went on, she remembered liking this song when it was released, "Why don't we think about this song earlier?"

Her smiles didn't last long though, especially after they practiced singing it for the first time. 

"I think I am starting to regret this very bold decision," she sighed, staring blankly at the lyrics on her phone. 

"Let's go slowly. Here you went a little bit flat earlier. And here we can lower the key so that it's easier. Let's try again." he led her patiently. 

Yoo Mi tried singing it one more time, and Joon Young grinned the whole time she did it. He tried so hard not to laugh, although his grin failed him spectacularly. She began to frown at him.

"Noona, don't be discouraged! At least you won't sing alone. At least my voice is okay," Yoomi smacked him upon hearing that, "Well think it like this. You are an actress. As an actress, you doing this will give you an image of a down-to-earth, approachable person. Isn't that good?"

Smile was still hanging on his mouth when he added, "Although if there is another movie like Sunny or 200 Pounds of Beauty, you better not go to the audition though." 

"Oh you shut up," she grunted, "And so you know, being virtually married with you and handling your crazy antics already gave me the image of down-to-earth, approachable actress, you know."

"Whatever. This person with said crazy antics will tell you that you still sing off key almost through the whole song."

 


 

Hi there, I am back! In the spirit of Jung Joon Young's birthday, here is new chapter lol. Not exactly the Love Actually you guys want to read, since I didn't intend them to get together in this fic. But it's my take on how they choose to sing Love Actually during Joon Young's debut. Enjoy! Critic and suggestion always welcome. And you guys have a nice day :D