Couple skateboard

Beyond the Screen

He groans and beams automatically when his manager approach him telling the car is ready. After waving goodbye to Yoomi and other WGM staffs, Joonyoung walks away and jumps around when he reaches his car, “Let’s go home~!!” he said excitedly.

“Not that fast. You still have practice session after this.” his manager said calmly while starting the car engine.

Joonyoung grows out of excitement and plops to passanger seat, “ Really? Aaaaargh I thought today is over.”

“Your debut is already around the corner. There are still so many things to do..”

“I know..” he yawned, last night he stayed in the studio until midnight and had trouble sleeping after that. Adding with WGM shooting today, no wonder his eyes are so heavy right now. Good thing it takes some time to reach studio, good chance to sleep for a while then, he thought.

“Oh hyung..” he called out with his eyes closed, “Can we stop by at sport shop near the studio? I think I need to buy something.”

Few minutes later, they arrive at the sport shop. Minwoo is tagging along behind him, trying to match up Joonyoung’s speed who walks so fast. “Yah, what do you want to buy? It’s not like you do sport anyway.”

“Something very important, hyung,” Joonyoung tells him with the serious expression  of him. Minwoo gives up and walks with him, looking all confused while Joonyoung roams around the shop searching for unknown object.

***

Yoomi is in her car on the way home, reading script for tomorrow’s shooting when her mobile phone suddenly vibrates.

From: Lanky weird rocker Jung Joon Young
Noona, you like yellow or blue more?

She raises her eyebrows, what’s with the weird text? She quickly types reply

To: Lanky weird rocker Jung Joon Young
What’s the matter?

She waits  few seconds and her phone vibrates again.

From: Lanky weird rocker Jung Joon Young
Just asking. So what is it, yellow or blue?

She frowns, thinks for a while then types again.

To: Lanky weird rocker Jung Joon Young
Actually, i like pink more.

She giggles, but then she sends another one, saying she likes blue more. He sends a short reply with only one word, “Ok.” in it. Now she is curious.

To: Lanky weird rocker Jung Joon Young
Are you buying something for me?
Yaaaaah how kind of you!! I will expect it then~

He doesn’t reply for another ten minutes, so she puts away her phone, continue reading. Now she is surely curious, what is he up to? Is he buying something weird? Ah wahetever then, Yoomi pushes her thought away and concentrates again on her script.

***

“Whom do you keep texting to?” nagged his manager, seeing how busy Joonyoung types on the phone. He suddenly stops at skateboard section and his manager frowns again, “You already have skateboard! Or is it broken?”

Joonyoung only looks at him and shushes him away, while typing another message.

To: 30 yo Noona Jung Yoo Mi
Noona, don’t expect anything.
I may just as give you another guitar pick with blue color next time, kkk~

“Yah, why are you buying another skateboard?” Minwoo still pestered Joonyoung who is taking the yellow and blue one with the same model. Something clicks on Minwoo’s head. “Aaaaaah are you buying couple skateboard for Yoomi-ssi? Yaaaaah is it the same Joonyoung that I know? Why you suddenly into buying couple stuff, let alone after the first meeting like this. Yaaaah..” Minwoo giggles and being amused by himself eventhough Joonyoung is clearly ignoring his remarks.

After checking both skateboards if they are in good condition, he moves to the cashier.

“Hyung, you heard what she said earlier. It is positive that she will try to drag me to run marathon and whatever else she likes to do. Aisssssh, me and marathon? That certainly won’t happen, pffft.” He complained while making a face, “That is why I buy her this. Don’t you think she will be distracted by this pretty skateboard and forget the whole marathon thing at all? I plan to teach her how to play skateboard if only she cancels marathon. Hmmmmm,” he shrugged while handing card to pay.

Minwoo chuckles, “Why I have a feeling that you still have to do marathon even after giving her this skateboard?”

Joonyoung shakes his hand infront of Minwo’s face, “No no no, it sure will work. You have to admit this is such a brilliant plan, isn’t it?”

They walk towards the exit door but Minwoo seems to think of something, “Yah, why you still buy two skateboards when you already have one? You can just buy one for her. You are really into couple stuff eh? Yaaaaah...”

Joonyoung reaches out his phone, seeing new text message.

From: 30 yo Noona Jung Yoo Mi
Still, I’m waiting for it~
Even only guitar pick is okay, if only you bring the pink one, kkk

He smiles and puts his phone away without texting back.

"Why I buy skateboard too?" he repeats Minwoo's question while reaching the yellow skateboard and puts it in the ground.

“Because hyung, it is pretty~~” he answers while sliding to his car with his brand new skateboard.