1st Call

Beyond the Screen

Books were scattering around the bed while Jung Yoomi just sat in the middle of it, reading one thick book. She had been staying on bed all day long, purposely ignoring her mom’s attempt to get her out of the room. Her drama has finished and because of no schedule, she planned to read books on her long reading list.

That’s the actual plan, although earlier she has rushed running toward the living room to watch tv, with the book still on her hands. It’s Monday and the first episode of We Got Married in which she starred was aired. Now the broadcast is ended and she comfortably lies on the sofa, continue reading while suddenly her phone is ringing. Annoyed, she looks for the phone to see who it is, and then grins.

“Hello?” she speaks.

“Noona, do you see the broadcast? Ugh, I am still on my way so can’t catch up.” replied Joonyoung on the other line.

“You know that you can watch the broadcast online right?”

“Busy busy. But I saw that there are many articles on naver. Isn’t it great??”

“Really? Assa! But I haven’t check internet all day though.”

“I bet the rating is increasing. Good thing they cast me, eh?” he bluffs right away. Good thing she can’t see his smug expression over the phone.

“Yah, they cast me too you know. Let me check the rating later. But I am right though. The editing is seriously hardcore. We shot for almost a day and it only aired for like 20 minutes or something,” she complains. Earlier, she told him about the editing in We Got Married. Her friends tell her that the broadcast will be heavily edited but she has no idea that it was gonna be this short.

“Of course, I knew it. They must be editing it out so hard. Noona, the important thing is not how long the broadcast is, but how they shape our character, you know?” he said in serious tone. Even only hearing his voice, she can picture his serious expression. “Anyway, how am I?”

She grins, “Well, they shape you like you are a brat,”

“What braaat???”

“They really know my heart and how I feel, you know. The highlights for today are wrinkles, and games, and marathon. Isn’t it great??”

“But you really have wrinkle,” he again, laughing with that particular sounds that annoys her.

“You know what?” asked Yoomi in which Joonyoung automatically replied, “What?”

“You also have wrinkles, even more than I do!!! I observe your eyes when we were in that café.” She scoffed in disbelief.

“But people said I look younger than I am. While you noona, you look just like your age. So…..” said him, intentionally leaving the sentence hanging and laughing.

“Yah!!” she hissed impatiently, “Go back to your work or something!” said her in annoyed voice while his laughter still lingers over the phone.