Yuri to Kris

You will Miss Me, When I'm Gone

It is already 7:15AM and the Literature class is about to start. Yuri supposed to be feeling excited, usually this time of year she is always planning unique ways to celebrate her birthday, it is either trying out archery or shooting, nature tripping, cooking a different recipes, organizing a surprise birthday party for herself.

Today's birthday is no longer as the same as before because the only person who eats what ever experiment cooking she does, the only person who is surprised with her self organized birthday party for herself, her buddy where ever she goes during nature tripping is no longer there.

"He is late again, as always" Yuri glances at her wrist watch. The professor is starting a discussion about Medea her favorite character in greek mythology. 

Medea is broken hearted princess because her hero husband Jason, who later on she had two kids with her.. is about to marry another woman. The well loved and very pretty Princess of Corinth. The story  tells of Medea avenging her husband's betrayal by slaying their children. 

"I love tragic love stories it touches my heart". 

That feeling of sadness when you saw your man is inlove with another person..they both look perfect for each other...you can't determine whose lucky with whom... then you think of yourself...and the pain is starting crawl again to my chest.

Blip..blip..blip.

That annoying sound did came from Kris celfone? Yuri is still lost in her string of thoughts.

"whose phone is it? Turn off your celfone whoever it is. It is not allowed in my class." Professor said.

"Oh no, is Kris in trouble, I was the one who saved my birthday in his phone book. I bet he is very annoyed by this time."

"I can feel his staring at my neck...Yuri, don't turn your head." Noting to herself. 

"I will make sure I will never look back".

Kris is her guy best friend, they are friends since they were small upto highschool. Yes, it ended during senior highschool.

I still remember that day one week before graduation. Kris is very excited to meet at our favorite bench beside the cafeteria. 

"What is it he wants to talk about this time? Is it about another special girl?"(sigh) Yuri talking to herself.

The pain started to crawl in her body. " Hayyz, I am so tired pretending to be happy for him everytime he is telling me about her new girl."

Today will be different. I have to think of ways.

"Hi annoying Yuri!" 

"Hey Kris! What took you so long?! I need to tell you something overly important."

(oh no, what to tell I haven't think of it yet??!!) Yuri telling herself.

"Hayyss..exaggerating again ..sigh. Anyway I need to tell you something too."

"Okay, tell me." Yuri said, but at the back of her mind " Oh, no I need to tell him first, before he could tell me!"

I want to see his reaction..is he going to be sad? Will he be happy for me? I hope not..(Yuri string of thoughts)

"oh no Yuri..you first since you need to tell something overly important.. mine is not that much." 

"About me and Donghae...we're a couple now!"

"What?! Donghae is your boyfriend now? When did it started?"

"How frustrating I can't read his mind..the glow in his eyes is that happiness or sadness?"..Gosh, I can't tell, he seems disappointed or..he just don't believe Donghae will like me. Gah! I'm so pathetic..

"Hey, Kris where are you going? Wait!

I thought he's going to tell me something too, why he walked away?

"Sorry Yuri, I forgot something at the Gym see you later!"