I'm Not Afraid of You

A Million Miles Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chaerin!!” Dara yelled out as she opened the curtain and let the sun shine coming through. Chaerin groaned as she’s awaken from her sweet dreams. She quickly covered her eyes with the sheets and planned on getting back to sleep.

 

“Chaerin! Wake up!” Dara hit Chaerin’s face with the couch pillow.

 

“Geez, what time is it?” Chaerin can hardly open her eyes and she’s still half awake.

 

Dara walked back to her room to take a quick bath. She tied up her hair and went into the bathroom inside her bedroom.

 

“Quickly! We’re about to get late!” Dara shouted.

 

Chaerin yawned and calmly got up from the couch. She stretched her body and still trying to put her souls altogether. She walked closer to the window, slightly smiling, enjoying the morning atmosphere.

 

She looked at the clock, yes, they’re about to get late.

 

She grabbed her underwear and prepared her clothes for work. She looked around but couldn’t find her towel so she went inside Dara’s room to find it.

 

“Geez! Chaerin!” Dara quickly covered body with her towel. Fortunately, Chaerin already caught a sight of her body even only for a second.

 

Chaerin quickly looked away, “Oops. Sorry. Wait, are you finished with your bath?”

 

Dara grunted, “Shut up and get out!”

 

“I can’t find my towel. It might be in your bathroom.” Chaerin said and she casually walked into Dara’s bathroom without her permission.

 

Dara is a little bit annoyed.

 

“Did you shower in my bathroom? The hell, it’s supposed to be private!”

 

Chaerin got out with her towel hanging on her left shoulder. She frowned, “I didn't recall you forbid me to enter your bathroom. So I guess I could use it.”

 

Dara quickly put on her shirt with her back against Chaerin.

 

“That explains why my tub looked weird.”

 

Chaerin stood by the threshold, “Why?”

 

“It just looked weird. You must be creating a mess inside there.”
 

“No.”

 

“Yes. The shampoos are in the wrong position.”

 

Chaerin smirked, “Wait, you have OCD or something?”

 

Dara rolled her eyes and turned around as soon as she’s finished. “Can you stop talking and dress up quickly, please? Or you want me to leave you?”

 

Chaerin quickly headed out of Dara’s room.

 

Dara exhaled as she released the tension. She just can’t believe Chaerin saw her just now. She’s so embarrassed. She wonders what Chaerin was thinking when she saw her body. She quickly dressed up and walked outside to prepare breakfast.

 

She heard Chaerin turning on the shower from the bathroom, which only steps away from the kitchen. She took a deep breath. She doesn’t know why she’s so nervous. Chaerin doesn’t close the door completely and Dara can peek from the gap of the door and see Chaerin’s soapy body from where she stands.

 

She can feel her face is getting warmer and she feels this heavy feeling in her chest. Suddenly Chaerin turned her head and their eyes met. They’re both surprised as they looked at each other.

 

Chaerin closed the door one second after their eyes met. Dara’s heart is beating so fast and her face has turned red. She can’t believe what just happened.

 

Chaerin at the other hand is also embarrassed. She quickly finished her bath and dried herself with towel. She saw her face in the mirror, it’s turned red and she can feel her heart beating so fast. She remembers Dara’s eyes when their eyes met. It happened so fast yet it is so intense and meaningful.

 

“I’ve made your breakfast.” Dara said when Chaerin stepped out of the bathroom, both are surrounded with this weird feeling.

 

Chaerin just nodded and she slowly walked to the kitchen bar where Dara’s sitting at. They sit across each other but none of them dares to face each other.

 

Chaerin just starred at her food, still self-conscious about what happened and her heartbeat barely had slowed down.

 

“It doesn’t taste that bad.” Dara muttered.

 

Chaerin smiled lightly and finally took a bite of the waffle.

 

They’re eating in silence, sometimes they steal glance at each other. It’s really awkward and they both wish they’d finish the breakfast quickly and leave.

 

“Thank you for the food.” Chaerin said as she finished and headed to the sink.

 

“Want some coffee?” Dara offered as she raised her cup of coffee. Chaerin shook her head, “I’m not a coffee person. I prefer milk.”

 

Dara chuckled. She didn't know why but it just happened without her consent. Chaerin ended up starring at her and everything had just turned even more awkward.

 

Dara cleared and looked away. “Check the fridge if there’s still milk left.” She said calmly. She tried to avoid eye contact with Chaerin because she doesn’t want anything to turn more awkward than it already is.

 

They finally went to work. And as the routine, Dara drops Chaerin off near the office because she doesn’t want to cause the other employees to know and start spreading rumours.

 

As usual, Chaerin would arrive first because Dara always stops at the coffee counter in the cafeteria to get her favorite. That woman is a coffee-holic.

And as usual, Chaerin would watch Dara secretly when she was walking across the hallway to get to her office in the end of it, just meters away across Chaerin’s desk.

 

Dara sat on her chair and starred at the city through the window glass with her hands crossed in front of her chair. She can’t help but thinking about what happened this morning again. That scene keeps being repeated again and again in her head sometimes she’d her own lips as she’s slightly being aroused picturing Chaerin. She wants to slap herself every time she blushes.

 

“Ms. Sandara?” Dara’s secretary popped her head in.

 

Dara lifted up her chin lightly, “What is it?” she asked firmly.

 

Her secretary came in with a case of file. She handed it to Dara, “This is our new project. Harold wants everyone on board to attend a meeting this afternoon after lunch.”

 

Dara put on her glasses and read the first page of the file carefully, “What’s the hurry?”

 

“He said the client wants to meet you in person today. He has a flight tonight so he needs to do it now.”

 

Dara frowned, “The client wants to meet me, huh? I wonder…”

 

Dara already had a clue the first time she read the name of the client. She’s met him a couple of times before, he’s a loyal clients who have been working with the company for years. But there’s something Dara dislikes about this client. It’s his attitude.

 

Dara can’t help but following the command. She went outside her office and as usual, she’d have to pass Chaerin’s desk, which is right outside her office. She tried to look fierce and not letting her eyes lying onto Chaerin’s direction but instead, Chaerin called her.

 

Dara has to stop walking.

 

“Hey! Can I talk to you?” Chaerin stood up and smiled at her nicely. Dara frowned and slowly stepped closer to Dara’s desk.

 

“What it it?” Dara asked with lower voice. She gave instruction to her secretary to go ahead first to the meeting room because she doesn’t want her to hear whatever it is Chaerin wanted to say.

 

“It’s not something important nor it’s about work but-“

 

Dara sighed, “I don’t discuss things outside works with you when we’re at work, Chaerin.” She stated explicitly, her eyes are glued on Chaerin’s face and again, she started picturing Chaerin in the shower again and she wants to punch herself for keep doing that.

 

“I was just wondering if you’d like to have lunch with me today.” Chaerin murmured nervously.

 

Dara can't deny a slight happiness coming to her when first she heard that. She’s glad Chaerin asked her but Dara is being Dara. She pretended she’s not interested.

 

“Do you have specific need you want to discuss with me about? Coz if that’s so you can just ask me nicely in my office room. You don’t need to ask me to eat with you and pretend to be nice to me.”

 

Chaerin backed away and completely confused, “Geez… calm down. I have no other intention. I just want to have lunch with you. You should stop thinking negatively about people’s motives. Sometimes it’s not all about needing something from you even though you’re in your highest position.”

 

“What makes you think I would agree to it?”

 

Chaerin shrugged, “Well I didn’t expect you to agree but I guess it’s not wrong to ask. I mean, my real intention was, I want to have a nice and smooth relationship with you because I’m staying in your house now we’re practically friends, aren't we? Can we?” Chaerin wasn’t sure what to say but she hopes she didn’t say it in a wrong way because everybody knows Dara is an easily offended person. Once you made a mistake, she hates you forever.

 

“At the Japanese restaurant we first visited. If I didn’t show up, just order whatever you want. The bill is on me, I will call the manager.” Dara said firmly and then she just rushed away without waiting for Chaerin’s reply.

 

Dara walked away from Chaerin’s desk, holding her silly smile. She knows Chaerin would make her life not as boring as it is even though she’s still denying the fact that she’s started to like that young girl. But she realized ever since Chaerin came to her life, things have changed.

 

Once Dara showed her face in the meeting room, the gentleman inside turned their eyes on her. She bowed politely at them.

 

“Good afternoon, gentleman.” She smiled at the four of them one by one. She noticed Harold isn’t here yet.

 

She laid her eyes on the most attractive man of all. She can even say he’s the most attractive man in this building. He’s gorgeous, his black short hair, his perfect jawline along with his pale soft skin, his big black eyes and red smooth lips, everything about him is almost perfect expect of course, his characteristic which Dara finds the most annoying.

 

“Hello, Sandara! I hope you have changed your mind this time.” Jaejoong, the gorgeous man in gray suit said, ended it with a flirty smirk.

 

The three other men who are older than him giggled as they heard him. Dara just pretended she’s not annoyed, by giving away a free fake smile.

 

“What are you saying, Kim Jaejoong? I have never planned on changing my mind. Once it’s a no, it’s always gonna be a no.” she said as she took a seat across Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong ducked his head shyly and smiled, “I can’t believe this woman is still rejecting me even after years of endless chasing. God, when are you gonna stop playing hard to get, Ms. Sandara Park?”

 

“I guess I’m never gonna stop because I’ve never played it in the first place. You just assume I did, so…”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter