Is It A Good Idea?

A Million Miles Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having no idea what she’s really doing, Dara went out of the car once she thought she should. She should go into the building again to make sure Chaerin is okay, to see if she’s actually going home safely. Dara doesn’t want to admit it, but, she actually cares about Chaerin and she wants to know her more.

 

She put on her jacket and decided to go in again.

 

She bit her nail as she’s waiting for the elevator to reach at the destination floor. She keeps thinking of the best excuse of why she’s coming back again. She can’t say she’s coming back to see if Chaerin was okay, right? She’s too prideful.

 

Once the elevator door is open, Dara stepped out slowly. She noticed the girl she’s been willing to talk to is talking to someone else. The cleaning lady. They look like have a good relationship because Chaerin is smiling at the old lady.

 

Dara stopped when she accidently heard their conversation.

 

“You seriously have to quickly find a place to stay, girl… I can’t forever hide you in this place. I mean, the security would find out sooner or later. And if Ms. Sandara finds out… we know she wouldn’t like it.”

 

“I understand. Thank you for not telling anyone about this. I’ll just head up to the restroom now.” Chaerin said as she packed in her stuffs in the backpack.

 

“I got you a blanket. I think it’s gonna rain tonight, and storm, if the weather forecast was accurate. Also we had a leftover food from the pantry, I’ll get you some. Just wait there until I get back.”

 

Chaerin smiled, “Thanks a lot, grandma…” she said to the old lady.

 

Dara walked faster toward them and she stood right in front of Chaerin’s desk, with her arms crossed and her eyes widening. She glared at Chaerin sternly and her expression doesn’t look good at all.

 

Chaerin’s heart skipped a beat the second she saw Dara.

 

“Seriously, Chaerin… what the is wrong with you?” Dara yelled, and the cleaning lady is suddenly disappeared from the scene, scared of the evil boss.

 

Chaerin her lips, and she’s shaking her hands, trying to find a good reason so Dara won’t be mad at her, or report this to Harold. Of course, she doesn’t want to get into trouble but she doesn’t think it’s a good idea to tell Dara what really is the reason.

 

Dara leaned forward, “You really don't understand how to respect your boss, do you?”

 

Chaerin cleared . She faked a smile, “It’s a misunderstanding….”

 

Dara slammed Chaerin’s desk.

 

“Why are you living in the office, Lee Chaerin?” she yelled for the second time. And now Chaerin’s pretty frightened. Dara’s eyes are like a pair of hawk’s eyes ready to catch its prey. Chaerin clutched her hands and suddenly bowed her head down after she finds it rather uncomfortable locking eyes with Dara.

 

“I can’t… explain to you.” Chaerin murmured and then she carried her backpack, ready to leave. But Dara stopped her by blocking her way, still with her arms crossed and glaring eyes.

 

“I can’t let you go before you tell me, at least make up stories so I would understand!” Dara exclaimed.

 

Now she’s frustrated because Chaerin wouldn’t speak up. Dara really wants to know about Chaerin, about what’s happening to that girl’s life that causing her have no shelter to live on, about how she got those terrible bruises, even Dara wants to know who the girl she saw Chaerin kissing with the other day at the gallery, the first time they met. And the worst part is, Chaerin haven’t even ditched about how they’ve met before at the gallery. It’s like Chaerin has forgotten that she’s met Dara before, or maybe she really does not remember at all.

 

“With all due respect, Ms. Sandara… I’d rather keep my life story private. I’ve only known you for three days, why should I tell you my secret?” Chaerin murmured coldly, without even looking at Dara.

 

Dara said nothing. Chaerin smiled at the end, “I guess… I’ll leave now.” Chaerin said and walked away.

 

Dara bite her bottom lip. “Wait a minute, where are you going? I thought you don't have place to stay…”

 

Chaerin stopped walking and sighed.

 

Dara walked closer to Chaerin, “You can’t stay in the office. I won’t allow that.”

 

“I know. I won’t stay here tonight.” Chaerin replied.

 

Dara raised her eyebrow, “Then where are you gonna stay for the night?”

 

Chaerin turned around and frowned, “I told you…”

 

“It’s not my business.” Dara murmured.

 

“Sorry…”

 

“God! I can’t believe I’m dealing with someone like you.” Dara muttered as she rubbed her forehead, not knowing what she should do in order to handle Chaerin. She just can’t let her wander around at night in the street without knowing where to go. Dara keeps telling herself not to care but she does care. And she’s worried and she hates herself for that.

 

“Okay! Now… I know you don't want to tell me what’s wrong with you. Okay, I won’t ask about your personal life anymore but tonight, just for tonight….” Dara paused when she saw Chaerin’s expression. Chaerin frowned, “Tonight what?”

 

Dara took a deep breath. It takes a lot courage to say this. “Tonight you can stay at my place.” She said in really quick pace. Chaerin leaned her head forward, “What? Can you speak up slower please?”

 

Out of embarrassment, Dara grabbed Chaerin’s sleeve and dragged her along into the elevator, her heart is skipping a beat.

 

Chaerin gazed at Dara confusedly. She doesn’t know what’s wrong with her boss. She doesn't really know what’s going on. “Ms. Sandara what are you doing?”

 

“Shut up and just follow me.” Dara exclaimed.

 

As the elevator door open, instead of going out, they both stepped backward instantly.

 

“Hey y’all… why are you still here?” Harold is standing in front of the elevator with his quirky smile and a case on his hand.

 

Dara gulped, “Uhm… we…. Uh, we got something up to do.”

 

Harold frowned, “Are you two doing okay?”

 

Dara nodded.

 

Then Harold smiled at Chaerin, “How is it going big girl? Does she really mean to you?” Harold said as he entered the elevator and let Chaerin and Dara out. Chaerin smiled back, “No. She’s really good to me.”

 

Harold smirked, “Don’t lie to me, girl. I can see the tense between you two. Don’t worry. It’ll pass… and Chaerin, take care of yourself. If you need anything, you can ask for me. Good night all.” And the elevator door is closed.

 

Chaerin and Dara looked at each other for a moment and realized how awkward it is, and then Dara rushed away with Chaerin following behind.

 

“Get in the car.” Dara told Chaerin as she unlock the car.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“To my place. You’re going to stay in my place. Just for tonight, until you find a place.”

 

Chaerin slightly smiled, “Wow, you’re so generous.” Chaerin said as she got into Dara’s car.

 

“I thought you have a driver.” Chaerin said.

 

“He’s ill. Which means, you have to prepare yourself and pray for your own safety because…” Dara started the engine.

 

“I’m so bad at driving, and I don’t even have my driver license.”

 

Chaerin giggled, “Sounds depressing.”

 

Dara looked at Chaerin confusedly, “Wait a minute… you’re not worried?”

 

Chaerin shrugged as she buckled herself, “You don't seem like someone who lacks at something really bad. You seem so trustable.” She murmured and then she leaned her head on the chair, clos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter