I Can Tell

A Million Miles Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bill, Dara’s personal driver is finally back to work. He tilted his head as he’s starring at Chaerin who’s already ready to go to work. She didn’t put much make up on, she just took a quick shower and sprayed cologne to her body parts and then she went downstairs, waiting for Dara to get done.

 

Meanwhile, the older woman is spending more time in her room. Dara started her morning today by starring at herself in the mirror, putting on some light makeup after washing her face. She didn’t want to look bloated in front of her guest. And when she went to take a look at Chaerin in the living room couch, she was startled.

 

Chaerin was half , and on her way back to grab her shirts on the couch. She was only wearing her brown bra and sleeping pants, her hair was still soaked and her face was clean from makeup. She smirked, “Good morning.” She spoke as soon as she saw Dara’s face, and calmly wrapping a towel around her chest.

 

Dara blinked fast, “Um… do you want some coffee?” Dara asked, nervously.

 

Chaerin nodded her chin, “I’d like to have some drink, but no coffee. Milk or tea would be better… if you don't mind.” She said with a gentle smile on her face.

 

Dara quickly rushed to the kitchen and once again checking on her reflection on the mirror on the wall the way she goes to the kitchen. Dara stopped by the kitchen bar and tried to steal a glance at Chaerin who’s texting someone with her that body.

 

Dara cleared , “Would you mind… put on your shirt first before you text whoever that is you think is way more important than respecting the owner of this house?”

 

Chaerin quickened her texting and then she just tossed her phone onto the couch. She smirked at Dara, “Sorry… my ex. She wanted to meet.” Then she started dressing herself.

 

Dara took out the milk from the warmer as she raised her eyebrow, curious, she finally asked, “What did you say?”

 

“I said yes.” Chaerin said, at ease, making Dara a little bit annoyed, or mad because she didn’t want Chaerin to meet her ex. It’s nothing, Dara’s just so mad at the fact that her ex is some kind of psychopath who beats her girlfriend.

“Why the hell do you still wanna meet her?” Dara asked as now she handed Chaerin a glass of warm milk. Chaerin smiled, “Thanks.” She muttered.

 

As Dara breaths, she can’t help but smelling the good scent out of Chaerin, even though it’s the soap she uses in her bathroom but still, the fact that Chaerin smells that good is quiet making her feel weird or, seduced.

 

“I’m gonna go get my purse and files now, you wait here, get ready. I don't like being late.” Dara said quickly before things that she didn’t want to happen, happen.

 

“I saw your driver outside. Are we going to ride the same car or you’re gonna make me catch bus or train?”

 

Dara snapped her head, she almost forgot about that. They need to go to work. Dara turned around and found Chaerin’s begging face, her begging eyes, and her bitter begging smile as if it’s saying, “pretty please…”.

 

“Whatever. Just don't make a big fuss out of it. Don’t talk to me so comfortably at work and don't tell anyone about last night.”

 

Chaerin frowned with a teasing smirk, “Did something happen last night?”

 

Dara groaned and finally, for the first time in years, she raised her hand and gave Chaerin that offensive middle finger, then she just walked away, making Chaerin giggled.

 

 

***

 

 

“Is it really okay for me to get in the same car with you?” Chaerin asked one last time before she got in.

Dara scoffed, “What? Do you really want to catch a bus? Feel free to do that.” Dara said coldly and then she went back to reading the news on her ipad.

 

Dara tapped her finger on the top of the car and she looked around. Well if she really insisted to take a bus, she’d be late for like 30 minutes or even an hour since there’s no way a public bus will go through the street where Dara lives. It’s where the rich with fancy car lives, an expensive housing environment.

 

“Okay then.” Chaerin said as she got into the car. At the same time, Dara’s driver also got in.

 

“What are you reading?” Chaerin asked as she bended closer toward Dara. Dara glanced at Chaerin fiercely, “Do you wanna read it too?”

 

Chaerin shrugged, “Sure. Why not?”

 

Dara scoffed, “I can’t believe it.” She tossed the newspaper to Chaerin’s side. Chaerin frowned. She took the paper and started reading an article.

Dara stole a glance at Chaerin who’s sitting calmly next to her. Her serious face reading the newspaper somehow attracts Dara. Dara found herself locked her eyes on Chaerin’s face.

 

Chaerin, at the other hand, had realized the woman next to her is watching her. She just slightly smiled, “Do you have a boyfriend?” Chaerin asked, her eyes still aren’t off the paper.

 

Dara is ignoring Chaerin as she can. She’s just busying herself with her cellphone.

 

Chaerin stole a quick glance at Dara. “Or… a girlfriend?”

 

Dara frowned and glared at Chaerin sternly. She didn’t know where did Chaerin get the idea that she likes girls. Chaerin curved her lips a bit, forming a mischief smile. “Sorry.” She quickly apologized.

 

“Not sorry because I was right but sorry because I didn’t mean to point it out so directly.”

 

Dara bit her bottom lip as she’s gotten so nervous about it. She quickly looked away from Chaerin. She’s slightly blushing.

 

“Do you?”

 

Dara hissed, “Will you stop talking? Please, don’t talk unless I give you permission to.” She scowled.

 

“Damn! You’re so mean.” Chaerin mumbled then she went back reading the newspaper.

 

They spend the time in the car silently and when they arrived, Dara asked her driver to drop Chaerin ten blocks before the office. She didn’t want anyone see her getting in the same ride with Chaerin. Chaerin didn’t mind, she got out happily, thanked the driver and waved at Dara with a big kitten smile.

 

“Good morning, Chaerin.” The cleaning lady greeted her as she arrived at her desk.

 

“Hey! Morning.”

 

“Got a nice sleep last night?”

 

“Yeah. It was nice to finally sleep on something fluffy again. Haha.”

 

“Is she giving you hard time?”

 

“Um, not really. She’s a nice person. She just doesn’t know how to act nice.”

 

The cleaning lady smiled, “You’re such a nice kid, Chaerin.”

 

“Thanks.” Then she left.

 

As Chaerin sat at her desk, she saw Dara coming out of the elevator at the end of the hallway. Chaerin didn’t notice how stunning Dara looks today. She’s wearing a white shirt with some laces around the neckline. She ed one or two buttons somehow showing off her cleavage. That white shirt is complete with a tight black skirt. Also that black kitten heel looks absolutely wonderful on her. 

 

Chaerin’s stunned for a moment. She wonders how can such a tiny body contain all that gorgeousness and she wonders why she didn’t notice it before.

 

Dara’s walking calmly with her eyes looking around the office workers’ desks carefully, monitoring them. Her narrowed fierce eyes look so stunning as well. She thickened her makeup today.

 

“Chaerin.” She stopped in front of Chaerin’s desk.

 

Chaerin was startled and she quickly shook her head. “Yes?”

 

“Check your email. I might have something for you to do.”

 

Chaerin nodded, “Okay. Will check it right away.”

 

“Good.” she said shortly and then she went into her office room, slammed the door and closed the blinds like she’s completely isolated. She is that type of person.

 

Chaerin is doing great in the company. She’s made friends, boys and girls. Dara peeked behind the blinds again today. She’s watching Chaerin chatting with her new friends before lunch. They seem to be having a great time watching funny videos on the Internet.

 

Dara didn’t realize it but she pouts and she’s kinda jealous.

 

When it’s lunch time, Chaerin didn’t bother to ask Dara to get some lunch together anymore. She went with her new friends. Dara had to order some Thai food to her office and eats alone in her lonely office.

 

“Damn!” she cursed. She tossed her food away and lied on the couch with her arms crossed.

 

“Why can’t I stop thinking about her?”

 

Dara didn’t ask Chaerin about whether she’s go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter