Small talk at the Gallery

A Million Miles Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A brown haired girl with gray contact lens pouts as she’s crossing her arms in front of her chest. She can’t stop looking at her watch, wondering when this is gonna over. She’s just standing in front of one of the paintings in the building with a bottle of whiskey they’re serving for the guests.

 

She couldn’t help but accept the offer her boss gave to help him organize the gallery. An old and famous gallery built 30 years ago by Harold Gold, one of the best artists in history who has made hundreds of magnificent artworks.

 

Sandara Park works for Harold for almost 10 years now. She’s really good at what she’s doing. She loves her job and Harold trusts her like she’s one of his family members. He often says she’s like a daughter to him. He’s really nice to her sometimes people misinterpret that fact and spread rumor about them having an affair despite Harold’s marriage.

 

Dara, that’s what her closest relatives and friends call her.

 

Dara is 32 years old this year. She’s an art director in Harold’s co-owned art and Design Company and she’s really talented. It didn’t take much effort for her to be accepted in one of the most prestigious company in the country.

 

But not only she’s successful at young age. She’s also really beautiful and some people say she’s pretty hot. Just, unfortunately she develops some behaviors that can be hateful at times. People call her arrogant and vicious for some reasons; she rarely smiles, she rarely talks to her employees nicely, she doesn’t accept greeting cards, she fires people with no doubt, and she is the goddess of discipline. That’s why employees hate her.

 

And guess what? Dara doesn’t care. She doesn’t give a about people around her or what they talk about her. She believes she doesn’t need them.

 

Dara is bored as hell staying at the gallery, watching people walking around and talking to others. She isn’t a fan of crowd. Luckily she just found a corner with not much people around. It’s just her and a group of foreigners discussing a painting behind her.

 

When she realizes it, someone is already standing next to her, just half a meter from where she’s standing.

 

A girl wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter