You're A Nice Person

A Million Miles Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s the third day already since Dara met Chaerin. And things have been tense, or awkward. Dara could not be more embarrassed after what happened that day when she threw up right in front of the girl she thinks is hot. Not to mention that the throw up incident might also have offended Chaerin because it was where she worked and Dara was acting so rude and disrespectful.

 

The point is, Dara really wants to go back to that time again and make up everything so things won’t turn that way. But she couldn’t.

 

Three days have passed and they haven’t really got along. Dara barely talks to Chaerin even though the younger girl seems to have interest in asking Dara about things. You know, Harold asked Dara to be Chaerin’s mentor yet Dara is kinda avoiding her new intern because she’s… too ashamed of herself.

 

Dara gulped the last drop of her coffee and she looked at her watch, it’s almost lunchtime. She’s got nothing to do, just looking at her computer screen, not sure what she’s really thinking of.

 

‘Should I talk to her?’  She thought.

 

Then she got up from her chair, peeking between the blinds. Chaerin’s desk is just right in front of her office because she has responsibility on every works Chaerin’s got. She has to control Chaerin and gives her direction and instructions, just like her boss asked her to.

 

She starred at Chaerin’s face from far away. She noticed her bruises. Those bruises look new and she’s kinda worried. She’s wondering what really is happening to that 19 years old girl to cause her getting beaten up like that.

 

She realized people already leaving because the whole floor is empty, except, Chaerin.

 

She’s still sitting at her desk, clicking her mouse, looking seriously at her computer screen, and biting her thin red lips. Suddenly, Dara feels her blood rushing through her body. She quickly turned back and took a deep breath.

She really wants to talk to Chaerin but she’s too afraid, afraid that she’d say or even do something stupid, again.

 

She has decided. She would go out, walk pass Chaerin, and if Chaerin doesn’t greet her, then she would not apologize for what happened, ever. But if Chaerin did greet her, she would.

She grabbed her purse and cleared , and she walked outside slowly.

 

She doesn’t look at Chaerin as she’s walking but still she keeps observing with her corner eyes and she realized she’s been walking so fast her body is way too stiff and straightened. She’s obviously nervous.

 

“Ms. Sandara!”

 

She’s startled.

 

Dara quickly turned her eyes on Chaerin who’s smiling brightly at her. Dara can see Chaerin’s bruises clearly now since they’re facing each other. There are bruises around Chaerin’s left eye and lips. Her lips bruise is the worse. Dara hadn’t had chance to ask because she’s too reluctant.

 

“You going to have your lunch?” Chaerin suddenly asked.

 

Dara cleared and raised her chin, trying hard to look cool. “Yeah… what’s wrong? Did you do something wrong?”

 

Chaerin frowned, “No… but… uh, you haven’t given me any works to do today. And it’s already lunch time so I was wondering if…”

 

“You haven’t received any works and you didn’t even ask me since this morning?” Dara started to raise her voice. This time, it’s not just because she’s nervous, but she’s also a little bit mad. Remember? She’s that discipline and hard-working who dislikes lazy people, moreover morons.

 

Chaerin gulped. Now she’s the one who’s nervous, but also confused, because as long as she remembers it isn’t her fault.

 

“You… said I should wait until you give it to me and when I came to your office again because you haven’t given me anything for 2 hours, again, you said, just wait… and… I’ve been waiting ever since.”

 

Dara widened her eyes. Her face is turning red. Yes, she just realized that Chaerin was right. She did ask her to wait, twice. Because she was kinda busy and overwhelmed with her own works.

 

“Oh… really? Did that happen?”

 

“Uh, Yes.” Chaerin replied.

 

“Okay. I would… tell you what to do, just after lunch.” Dara said and then she quickly turns away before she gets more embarrassed.

 

“Wait, Miss!!” Chaerin yelled. And then she walked away from her desk to catch up with Dara. Dara looked at her sternly, and wait for her to say what she wanted to say.

 

Chaerin smiled at first, and she looks unsure about what she’s doing but she’s doing it anyway.

 

“Is it okay if I have lunch with you?” Chaerin finally blurted it out. She has been thinking of it since this morning. She couldn’t stop herself although she might have pictured the risk and consequences for asking her scary boss out for lunch.

 

Dara, the one who never expected to be asked out like that by the girl she’s been thinking of this past days, widened her eyes and got butterflies in her stomach.

 

Chaerin’s sudden gentle smile made Dara flutters like she has never been before. No one ever asks her out like this. No worker ever talks to her with such a sincere smile and that happy looks, ever. It surprises her, and it makes her happy. But still, Sandara Park has to save her image. She just cleared and chin-up.

 

“Why would you want to have lunch with me?” she asked that unnecessary question because actually, she doesn’t give a .

 

Chaerin scratch her temple, she seems so shy. Her smile has gotten wider and cuter. It makes Dara flutters even more.

 

“I… I saw you eating your lunch alone, everyday… and I think you look pathetic.”

 

Dara glared. “What?” suddenly, her impression on Chaerin changed a bit.

 

Chaerin chuckled and covered with her fingers, as if she regrets what she just said. “I mean… uhm, you were eating alone. And… people are talking bad about you. And It’s not good to eat alone when there are so many people around eating together…”

 

Dara groaned. She now crossed her arms, “Just say what’s your point is, Lee Chaerin! You’re being disrespectful!”

 

Chaerin sighed. “I’m sorry… I just… Honestly, I haven’t made any friends yet since the first day I got here. And I’ve been eating alone too. So that’s why I think we should eat together…”

 

Dara raised her eyebrow, “I still don't get it. Why would I have a lunch with an intern like you?”

 

Chaerin loses her smile and now she really regrets what she’s doing. She took a step backward, “Sorry, director… I didn’t mean to make you mad. If you don’t want to then, it’s okay… I’m not really hungry anyway… haha… I suppose I’ll just go upstairs, you know, have a little fresh air and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter