I Have Feelings For You

A Million Miles Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You need to stop starring at her.”

 

Chaerin is surprised when that strange voice appeared right next to her. She turned her head at that voice, turns out it was Minho. He is the creative team leader who has been giving Chaerin a lot of advises. He grabbed an empty paper cup and filled it with the hot coffee from the coffee pot.


“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Chaerin said as she munched her potato chip. She’s been standing alone in the snack room, starring at Dara who is standing five meters away outside the snack room from where she is standing. Dara is talking with the other interns and she seems pretty agitated judging by the face expression she’s giving every one of them.

 

“Sandara is like a time bomb. We can’t touch her. She is very pretty, attractive, and even hot when she is screaming at her employees. I used to have a crush on her the first time I got here but you should probably forget about it coz if she finds out you’ve been watching her, she is not gonna be nice about it. She hates everyone including and especially those who admire her the most. Pathetic.” Now Minho went to stand next to Chaerin and followed her doing, starring at angry Dara.

 

“I’m not starring at her… I’m just waiting to see what’s gonna happen to them when Dara can’t stand them anymore. I think she’s gonna scream out and shut up everyone in the entire floor.” Chaerin said. She’s definitely lying about it coz that’s obviously not the reason why she’s starring at Dara.

She has spent her weekends in the most awkward situation after what happened between them that Friday night. After giving it a few thought, Chaerin realized she might have made a mistake for saying what she said to Dara.

They’re not talking to each other for two days. They eat in silence, they watch TV in silence and they don’t even look at each other even though they both know they have been secretly glancing at each other in every chance they got.

 

“There she goes.” Minho murmured flatly right after Dara released her wrath. She just screamed at her interns she thinks they’re way too stupid to be working in this building and she just ripped apart every papers those interns just handed her.

 

“Scary.” Minho said again after sipping his coffee. Then he starred at Chaerin frowningly, “Why are you so quiet?” he asked.

 

“I’m watching the show. Need to focus.” Chaerin replied, her eyes won’t move away from where Dara’s at. She can’t stop thinking about her. And this is the time when she can stare at her as much as she wants without Dara catching her. She has developed this feeling since that night, feeling she never thought she’d have for Dara.  

 

“But you seem close to her.” Minho suddenly speaks again after a moment of silence watching Dara walking away from the scene.

 

“What? Who?” Chaerin didn’t really listen. She turned her head at Minho finally and offered him the chip. He refused and saying “I don’t eat chips or any artificial food they sell in the grocery store. They contain chemical and other dangerous stuffs people should not be consuming.” And he sounds so gay by saying that.

 

“We were talking about you seeming pretty close to Dara. I wonder why.” He continued.

Chaerin just smiled bitterly, “We’re not that close. She just keeps an eye on me because Harold asked her to. Harold recruited me to this company, and he wanted Dara to see my progress and she’s the one who will decide whether I’d be accepted as a permanent employee here or not.”

 

Minho raised his eyebrow, “That sounds tough. Aren’t you feel pressured being monitored by Dara like everyday in every single thing you do?”

Chaerin doesn’t know how to answer that question, actually no she doesn't really feel pressured working with Dara because hell she sees Dara everyday they live and eat together but she can’t just say she is not feeling pressured at all coz that will not make sense.

 

“I’m trying hard not to feel pressured and the most important thing is, I’m trying not to take any harsh words from her to the heart.”

 

Minho nodded, “I guess that’s the best thing everyone can do if they want to work with her.”

 

Angry Dara slammed her office door and closed all the blinds so people won’t see what the is going on inside her office. She is so tempered today and she hopes she won’t find any moron again today. She’s had enough.

She sat on her chair and spent 2 hours browsing the internet and starring outside the window. It’s raining outside and she hasn’t had any lunch yet. Same as Chaerin, she can’t stop thinking about what happened and what she has to do with it. She is so sad Chaerin said such a thing that turns her down. She is so disappointed and embarrassed. She let Chaerin did this twice to her, first when they were so close to do it and now they have done it and the result is still the same, Chaerin regrets it. Dara doesn’t know what’s going on inside that girl’s mind. She doesn't know what it is that makes Chaerin so reluctant to have an intimacy with her. She feels bad for herself and she doesn’t know to who she can talk about this to. Usually she would tell Harold but this time she can’t. She can’t tell anything to Harold.

 

Someone suddenly knocked on the door, “Who is this?”

 

“It’s me.”

 

Dara stopped biting her nail for a sec. She turned around and starred at the door, she just heard Chaerin’s voice and now she is trying to make sure she wasn’t just hallucinating and it is really Chaerin outside that door.

 

“Who?”  She asked once again as she walked closer to the door.

 

“It’s me, Chaerin.”

 

Dara leaned her face closer to the door, “It’s not a good time, Chaerin. What do you want?”

 

 “Just let me in.”

 

“What? Why should I let you in?”

 

“Dara, I’ve got something for you. You should open the door first.”

 

Dara inhale deeply and opened the door lazily, “What?” she asked cynically.

Chaerin handed her a box of chicken salad from the cafeteria. Dara just starred at the salad confusedly, “I don’t eat that.” She said referring how she always avoids eating stuff coming from the cafeteria because she is a hygiene freak.

 

“I ran downstairs and spent my last cash in my wallet just to get you lunch. It’s already two thirty and you haven’t eaten anything since this morning. Take it! No further comment please.” Chaerin handed it to Dara forcefully and she nodded her chin, “Your welcome.” She murmured before she turned around and walked back to her desk.

 

Dara is dumbfounded. She doesn’t know why Chaerin suddenly act this way. She looked around and made sure no one see it and then she closed the door and put the salad on her desk. She took off her reading glasses and sat back on her seat, opening the salad box, there is a piece of paper glued under the box. She pulled it off and unfolded the paper. She smiled lightly when she saw the drawing on it. A drawing of her raging at some scared kids. It’s picturing what just happened earlier when she got mad at her stupid interns.

And there is also a note put there, ‘Stop scaring your interns, they hate you already.’

 

Dara smiled and she wondered if this is the way Chaerin try to talk to her again and get rid of all the awkwardness between them.

Chaerin was working on the illustration job Dara was giving her earlier that morning. She was listening to her music with her headphones on when she realized someone is standing above her. She lifted her head up and quickly took off her headphones when she saw Dara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter