Chapter 7

Our Ending

I felt tiny hands pat my head and ask, "Why are you crying? Did I scare you? I'm sorry.."

My body started to shake and I started to whimper as if pleading that this was only a dream. I felt myself, sercretly praying that the kids didn't exist and neither did their mother.. I was cruelly praying for their existance to be removed.

"Let's go.." Mark whispered. He picked up both of his children and started to walk away. 'Is this really happening..?' I asked myself.

His footsteps were clear and loud, but all of a sudden they stopped as if he stop to take one glance at me. I lifted my head up, slowly turning my head to look back. But as soon as I did, Mark started to walk again.

Soon after, I heard the front door open and then the door slammed just to close. I took a deep breath, trying not to whimper, and wiped away my own tears. Slowly, I grabbed onto the table near me and tried to stand up. I only stumbled back down. Tears started to re-form. 'No.' I told myself. I held back my tears and kept trying to get back up but it was like my body told me to just lay down on the ground and cry.

Just when I was about to give up, someone's arms wrapped around my and helped my up. I took a quick breath hoping it was the one I wanted. As I looked up, I saw BamBam. As soon as we made eye contact, he swallowed as if he were in trouble and took a breath as if to say something but quickly shut his mouth. He looked away and helped me sit on a nearby chair.

"Jackson..Jackson is fine..He just needs some time.. alone," BamBam whispered.

I nodded, looking at the ground. BamBam crouched a little and we soon made eye contact. 

"What's wrong..?" I quietly asked.

He then squatted but couldn't hold his balance for long so he fell over. My eyes widened, but I felt this rush of joy. I covered my mouth trying not to laugh.

"Hey, aren't you going to help me?" he asked with a teasing annoyance in his voice. I couldn't help it, but I bursted out laughing.