Chapter 15

Our Ending

The phone call ended. But all of a sudden I heard a horror scream from downstairs. I shrieked and hid under the blankets. In a couple of minutes or so, I heard loud footsteps.

"Oh god, no.." I whispered to myself.

The foot steps stopped a moment, then started coming upstairs.

"Jackson..Please hurry home.." I pleaded.

The footsteps stopped at the side of the bed. I took a deep silent breath.

"YOU CAN'T KILL ME NOW!" I yelled as I jumped on it.

I pinned it onto the ground and wrapped it around with the blankets. I heard muffling and responded rudely..

"You little piece of...no good little.." I viciously whispered.

The person pushed me off and pinned me down, he removed the blankets and looked at me with widened eyes.

I instantly blushed, "Oh.." I whispered shyly. I turned my head away from the awkward stare.

"Sorry.." he whispered as he got off of me.

He offered me his hand which I was telling myself not to take, but took his offer anyways. I grabbed onto his hand and he helped me up. I quickly let go knowing that if I didn't let go of it that time, I wouldn't be able at all.

"Well.. erm.. I'm just gonna go-" I was interrupted by his question.

"Jackson..Jackson said you needed help with something..Right..?" he awkwardly asked.

My face became more red.

"Oh! Um..No.. You can.. go now! I was just feeling lonely.. so.. um.. yeah.. just wanted to talk with someone.. face to face," I lied, pausing and trying to make it sound like I didn't need him.

"Well, is it bad if I could replace him for a while..?" he asked.

I wanted to tell him to go away, but at the same time I wanted him to stay. I decided to be polite..

"Sure.. but don't you have to go back home..? You know.. what about your kids and wife..?" I asked.

He smiled, "It's fine. If they're able to live without me for about 8 hours they can live without me for a few moments."

His flashy smile only made things worse for me. I felt as if I stopped breathing and my heart was thumping quicker than before.

"M-Mark..?" I hesitated.

"Yes..?" he answered.

"D-do you not remember who I really am?.." I asked.

I felt tears forming in my eyes. There was a short pause. An awkward silence.

"I'm..I'm sorry. I don't remember who you are.." he replied looking at the ground.

"Then..Let's start over.." I said, looking up at him.

I gave him a smile, but he came closer to me and put his hands onto my cheeks. He wiped away tears that ran down my face.

"Are you sure? You don't look really happy about that.." He replied.

I gently pushed his hands away and nodded. I quickly wiped away my own tears.