Chapter 17

Our Ending

Jackson glared at me, "So what now? He's the woman?"

"Sure, why not?" I replied.

Mark got up and walked to the kitchen. He walked alone..It looked so lonely..

Is this how you looked like when I left to America..? I asked Mark telepathically.

Tears were starting to form, so I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down.

Jackson got off me and squatted down infront of me, "Are you okay?"

I nodded and smiled. He raised his right eyebrow. I couldn't help but laugh.

He glared at me once more, "What are you laughing about?"

"I don't know. You just look funny when you do that~" I replied.

He smiled and ruffled my hair. I hit his hand and said, "Stop. Touching. Me. Hair. If you want something to ruffle go get a puppy or a kitty. I'm not any of those."

He sighed out loud and sat next to me. He put his head onto my shoulder. I felt guilty letting Mark cook, especially by himself, so I stood up and walked towards the kitchen. From behind, I heard Jackson's body fall flat onto the couch. I looked back and smiled, but kept walking. It was like a cooking show in there. The oven was occupied and so was the stove and the coffee maker and the microwave. It smelled like food heaven~

"M-Mark?" I stuttered.

"Hm?" He asked as he chopped the onion like a pro.

"Do you need any help?" I asked awkwardly.

"Uh..Well.. You can set up the table in about 25 minutes," Mark replied as he quickly dropped the chopped onions into the boiling water.

"Is there anything I could do, right now?" I asked.

He shook his head, "No. You can just sit back and relax."

I sat on the chair and observed him. Mark was wearing an apron onto of his wool sweater. The sleeves of the sweater was folded up. His piercings were still where they were the first time we meant. His poodle hairstyle wasn't here today.

He stopped for a moment and looked up. We made eye contact, but I became shy so I quickly looked away. In the corner of my eyes, I saw him smile like never before. It was a mischeavous smirk. I blushed even more as the scene replayed over and over in my head.

"Hey, are you okay?" Mark asked as he wiped his hands with a towel.

"Y-Yes. Why ask?" I stuttered.

He came over and poked my cheeks, "Because I'm worried about you. You're so red. Are you sick?"

I covered my cheeks with my hands, "N-no! I-I'm f-fine!"

He tilted his head, observing my expression. I grabbed his wrist and placed the back of his hand onto my forehead.

"S-see! I-I'm fine! So don't worry about me!" I reassured him.

He smiled, "Okay, I won't."