Chapter 1

Our Ending

I knocked at the door, hoping he would answer. I nervously drew a deep breath. The winter breeze made me shiver, but what made a cold breeze down my spine was when I heard, "Dad! Someone is at the door! She's really pretty too!"

The quick foot steps from inside stopped right infront of the other side of the door. The door knob slowly turned and the door slightly opened. His eyes were peaking out from the opened spaces of the door.

"Mark..?" I desperately asked.

The door opened- as if it was leading me to him.

"Um.. Who are you..?" he asked as he stepped out side and closed the door.

I tackled him with a hug and started crying- burying my head into his chest. Then the door opened. A women stepped out with her eyes widened.

"Who is this..?" she asked with a trembling voice.

Mark pushed me away and replied, "I don't know.. Maybe she's lost and confused."

I shook my head, "No, no! I'm not lost!"

Mark gave me a strange stare and put his arm around the girl and said, "Let's go inside, honey.."

As he shoved the women back inside, I instantly grabbed his hand. "Mark! Please don't go!" I pleased.

To my dismay, he pushed my hand away and quickly got inside. I grabbed for the door knob, but then the locks moved. With hope I turned the knob, but it wouldn't budge. I pounded on the door screaming and  pleading for him, but the only response was, "Daddy, who is she?" and then his voice saying,"Don't worry about this.. she's just lost and confused. It'll be fine, she'll go away soon."

Tears streamed down my face. Mark, why are you doing this to me?! Please don't pretend to forget me and our promise! Please!