Love Is Not Enough

Yearning For Your Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The most painful love there is, is the love left unshown. A love that cannot be expressed, affection left unknown. The love that withholds touching, afraid of what it should say. And the most painful thing about unexpressed love is, it never fades away…”

“I would like to discuss a deal with you.” President Kim said with a smile that make Park Shin Hye felt very uneasy.

Shin Hye tried to take a deep breath before she asked. “What deal?”

“Would you deal your happiness for his career?” He asked her back with a stare that can pierce into her heart.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“I’ll give you two choices. One, stay away from Min Ho and I can assure you his career will continue to grow and hit its peak. Two, continue to stay with him and witness his fall yourself.” President Kim threatened her with an evil smirk.

Shin Hye can felt herself trembling. She thought this kind of thing will only happen in drama. She clamped her hands into fists as she took another deep breath and looked at him. She know she have to be strong. “If I insist to stay with him, what are you planning to do? He is one of the top stars in Asia now. What can you do to him? If anything happened to him, Starhaus will suffer the loss too.” Shin Hye said bravely.

President Kim let out a loud laugh. “Should I tell you how naïve you are? His fame, his success, you think he can gain it himself without Starhaus? I can put him to the highest peak in heaven. At the same time, I can also pull him down to hell myself. You handled his fan site all these while. You should know very clearly how obsessive his fans can be. Can you imagine what will happen if those photos of both of you were released? He almost loses everything 3 years ago just because he was dating Park Min Young. Do you know how chaotic that situation was? He was helpless and couldn’t protect her at all. Do you think he can protect you this time? Even if he can, he will lose everything he has now. Is that what you want? Is that what you want for the one you love?”

“Of course you are right that the agency will suffer a great loss if anything happened to Min Ho but compare to him, who you think will suffer more? Shining stars are all over in Korea. We can always get a replacement for him. If we could create one Lee Min Ho, there will always be the second and third one. And he will due for enlistment very soon. We have to find a replacement anyway. It’s your choice now to let him enjoy his fame a little longer or end it immediately.”

Shin Hye tried to steady her breathing yet she felt like the world is spinning. She bit her lips hard, trying to hold back the tears. He’s right. She was very naïve. She thought if she willing to stay behind him forever, everything would be okay. She thought everything will be alright if they are careful and no one will find out. Manager Han was right. The man she loves so much wasn’t an ordinary man. His move was being watched and no matter how careful they are, they will be exposed one day. They belong in two different worlds. No matter how hard they tried, it will never work.

Shin Hye took a look at the photo in front of her. The smiles on their face were just short term happiness and all that happiness was just an illusion. She smiled sadly at herself. It’s time to wake up from this beautiful dream already. She looked up at President Kim with a defeated stare.

“I think there was never a choice for me from the moment I step into this room. You know it that I won’t risk anything for his career. I guess the only thing I can do now is to stay away from him. How you want me to do it? Should I tender my resignation now and you will send me to somewhere that he couldn’t find me?”

President Kim let out another laugh. “I know you are a smart girl and you never disappoint me. But you don’t need to resign. At least not now. What you need to do now is to find an excuse to break up with him. Make him believe that you don’t love him anymore.”

Shin Hye closed her eyes and sighed. “No matter what reason I use, he wouldn’t believe it.”

“That I have to leave it to your creative mind. You will have 3 days in Japan with him and a week after that. I’ve bought you enough time. You should have enough time to dump your boyfriend.” President Kim said.

“This has nothing to do with time. He wouldn’t believe it, he wouldn’t let go that easily.” Shin Hye tried to fight back. What reason can she use? She doesn’t want to hurt him.

“The news I released about him with Park Min Young was a great tool for you to use it. You can pretend to be a jealous girlfriend. I know him. He couldn’t handle too much pressure. Or…”He suddenly stopped mid-sentence and looked at Shin Hye with another evil smirk. “You are right. It won’t be convincing if you just break up with him like that. Should I use Song Won Seuk? The last time when I send you over to assist him, Min Ho was so pissed off. And Won Seuk was so damn quiet since his debut. I think is time for me to create some noise for him to let more people to know him. I can kill two birds with one stone.”

Shin Hye widened her eyes and shook her head in disbelief. “How can you do that? He will get hurt. Both of them will get hurt.”

President Kim laughed. “Won Seuk will be grateful if more people get to know him. As for Min Ho, he has to get hurt in order to learn to be smart. If he could recover from what happened 3 years ago, he will definitely be okay this time. And in order to make you stay away from him completely, I have a better arrangement for you in your job. I’ll announce it once you complete this one.”

“Since you choose option one, you have to follow my instruction and do what’s the best for Min Ho. You made the right choice. I can assure you Min Ho will be safe in one piece if you do what I asked you to. He was perfect before you came into his life. I trust you are smart enough to keep this conversation only in between you and me.”

Shin Hye felt like a lump in and couldn’t speak at all. She can only nod her head weakly.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Everyone could felt the tension in the meeting room as Song Won Seuk joined them a while ago. The photos of Shin Hye having lunch with Won Seuk yesterday were placed on the table. Manager Han took a look on the photos again and turned his gaze to Min Ho. His breathing was obviously heavy and the anger in his eyes enough to make everyone in the room feels uncomfortable. But there was one thing that makes him confused. Shin Hye was very calm. She was not worried at all, as if already know about it long ago. She normally doesn’t act this calm when it comes to scandal like this.

Min Ho’s eyes were still glaring at the photos in front of him. If he could burn the photo now, he will do it immediately especially the one where their face was just inches away and another one with Won Seuk’s hand wrapped around Shin Hye’s waist.

“What you want to discuss about? Please make it fast because I’m very busy.” Min Ho said, finally speaking and causing the tension to rise in the room. He was now glaring at Song Won Seuk with anger in his eyes.

“I know this might not be very serious but as Won Seuk’s manager, after seeing all these photos and their gesture in the photos, I need to clarify what’s their relationship. Since Shin Hye is your assistant, I think it will only be appropriate to include you and Manager Han.” Manager

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter