I'm Sorry

Yearning For Your Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This was love meant after all: sacrifice and selflessness. It did not mean hearts and flowers and happy ending, but the knowledge that another’s well-being is more important than one’s own… -Melissa dela Cruz”

Park Shin Hye was sitting alone in the small park near the Han River. This was the park where Lee Min Ho brought her during Valentine’s Day. Shin Hye let out a smile as she recalled how Min Ho was holding the red roses and told her red roses meant I love you, and that was also the first time he told her that he love her. The smile on her face slowly faded as President Kim’s voice crossed her mind.

“Will you deal your happiness for his career?”

Shin Hye looked at her phone as it rang. It was Min Ho. She took a look at her watch. It was already 7.30pm. She took a deep breath before answering the phone.

Shin Hye: Oppa.

Min Ho: Where are you? I thought we were supposed to meet at 7pm? I bought dinner already when I’m on the way back just now. Hyung was so grumpy when I asked him to leave.

Shin Hye: Give me another 30 minutes. I’m stuck in the traffic. Sorry.

Min Ho: Okay. I’ll see you later.

 

Min Ho opened the door once he heard the doorbell. He flashed her a wide smile as he pulled her into the house.

“You are late. We have to quickly finish the dinner and I’ll fetch you home after that. We just got back from China today and we have to go Japan tomorrow. You must be exhausted. Come, let’s eat first.”

As Min Ho pulled Shin Hye to the dining room, he was stopped half way when Shin Hye suddenly wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. He was quite surprised by her action but let out a smile as he hugged her back and buried his face in her hair. Her sweet scent always makes him feel warm and calm.

Shin Hye rested her head in the crook of his neck. She bit her shaking lips hardly, almost to the point that it would bleed. Her tears were blurring her vision as she closed her eyes and tightened her arms around Min Ho. If only time could freeze this moment forever.

Min Ho laughed softly as he lightly her hair. “As much as I love to hug you in my arms like this, I still think we need to eat our dinner first. The food is getting cold.”

“Please just let me stay like this for a moment. I want to feel your warmth because I’m freezing.” My heart is freezing.

“Freezing? Are you okay? Are you sick or not feeling well anywhere?” Min Ho said worriedly trying to pull Shin Hye and checks her temperature. But Shin Hye was hugging him very tightly, refused to let go.

“I’m okay. Is just that the weather was very cold outside and I didn’t wear my jacket. I feel better in your arms. Don’t be stingy. Just borrow me some of your warmth, eo?” Shin Hye said, trying to sound playful.

Min Ho laughed as he tightened his arms around her again. “Okay. You can hug as long as you want. I’m belongs to you, remember.”

Shin Hye closed her eyes, trying to engrave this feeling in her heart.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yokohama, Japan

Today was the second night for Min Ho’s My Everything Encore Concert in Japan and he was having his final show now in the Pacifico Hotel. He was playing some games on the stage and having close interaction with the fans. The fans were all shouting and screaming whenever he showed his signature smile and cute expression.

Since tonight will be the last show, Shin Hye wasn’t as busy as last night. She managed to sneak out from the backstage and was now standing alone at the area below the front of the stage, looking at Min Ho, as if memorizing his every expression and move.

Shin Hye: “No matter what reason I use, he wouldn’t believe it.”

President Kim: “That I have to leave it to your creative mind. You will have 3 days in Japan with him and a week after that. I’ve bought you enough time.”

Shin Hye: “This has nothing to do with time. He wouldn’t believe it, he wouldn’t let go that easily.”

President Kim: “The news I released about him with Park Min Young was a great tool for you to use it.”

Shin Hye: “He will get hurt.”

President Kim: “He has to get hurt in order to learn to be smart. If he could recover from what happened 3 years ago, he will definitely be okay this time.”  

Min Ho’s deep and smooth singing voice startled Shin Hye from her deep thought. He was singing one of The Heirs OST Painful Love.

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫  

Can’t you wait a little longer?
Don’t you know my bruised and hurt heart?
Because of you, I’m crying and laughing
But why are you trying to leave me again?

Can’t you think of yourself first for just once?
Why are you hiding yourself, pretending that you’re not?
I want to live as if I forgot you
But I can’t do anything without you

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

----------

Min Ho: “You have never watched any of my drama at all?... How you gonna work for me if you don’t even know what is your boss doing?”

----------

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫  

The person who always stayed by my side
That person is you
I can’t hold onto it but I can’t let go
My painful love

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

----------

Min Ho: “You want anything to drink? Coffee? Tea?... or me?”

----------

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫  

How much more do I have to throw myself away?
Can you hear my sobbing heart?
I want to hug you like crazy
I can’t stand it without you

The person who always stayed by my side
That person is you
I can’t hold onto it but I can’t let go
My painful love

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

----------

Min Ho: “Don’t let any man get so close to you because it will really make me crazy. I don’t know what will I do if this happen again. Arasso?”

----------

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫  

Even if I give up my everything
You’re my only one person who is worth it
My person, who is sadder than me

The person who will silently hug me
That person is you
I can’t stop it but I can’t block it
My painful love
My love

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫  

 

----------

Min Ho: “I’m not drunk!... Perhaps… do I like you?”

----------

Shin Hye closed her eyes tightly, as if in pain, as another stream of tears rolled down her pale cheeks. She rose up a hand and wiped away all those tears. Park Shin Hye, you can do it.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Great job, Min Ho. The concerts were huge success and you looked great in the press conference. So the job in Japan was officially done and we will fly back to Seoul tomorrow. The flight isn’t too early tomorrow so we still can rest longer before we go to the airport. Your coordinators were all half dead and can’t even join us for this briefing. I guess I need to go back to my room for a good sleep too.” Manager Han said happily.

Three of them were in Min Ho’s room after the concert and was having their final briefing. Before he opened the door to go out, he turned back to looked at Min Ho and Shin Hye. “I don’t mind what you two want to do in this room but just make sure keep everything as low as possible. Don’t let anybody see you two here together. Don’t sneak out and stay only in this room. Arrasso?”

Shin Hye laughed softly before nodding her head. After Manager Han went out, she turned to Min Ho and smiled sweetly at him. She threw her arms around his neck and looked at him. “Oppa. Since we are in Japan and not China, can we do something crazy?”

Min Ho tilted his head sideway and narrowed his eyes at her. “Crazy as in…?”

“Sneak out.” Shin Hye looked at him expectantly.

“What? Sneak out? You didn’t hear what hyung said just now?” Min Ho widened his eyes.

“I screened through the hotel just now before we came up. There’s no minoz camping outside the hotel. Japan is different from China. Your fans here weren’t that crazy about you. And it’s late now. You just need to wear a long coat, a cap and a scarf to cover your face. I bet no one will know that’s you. Can we? This is my first time here in Yokohama. I heard the giant Ferris wheel is very beautiful especially at night. And we won’t go far. Just somewhere nearby.” Shin Hye said with her eyes looking at him hopefully.

“You want to see the Cosmo Clock 21?” Min Ho was quite shocked with what she asked. “This is so not you. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter