epilogue

Maybe we're not so different

I'll let you look inside me, through the stains and through the cracks,
And in the darkness of this moment,
You see the good and bad.

- "Glass" Thompson Square

 

Hyoyeon

I would be lying to you if I said I wasn't happy.

Cause I am happy.

So happy because I have great friends, family, and guess what? 

A great boyfriend.

Yes, I'm dating Dong Youngbae otherwise known as Taeyang. 

It's been years since I dreamt of him noticing me and to think he'd had already before I actually knew it was amazing.

I felt like such a schoolgirl. I still do honestly.

Jongsuk says I need to calm down with my feelings but who is he to judge? Jessica and him are always out partying and kissing so they might as well be a couple already and make it official.

I mean Sooyong, Yoona, and Taeyeon already have. So why couldn't they? 

These last few months were the greatest and honestly I went through hell before them. Back and forth like a rollercoaster ride.

We were so far into the choreography I couldn't get as much parts as I originally had but Yuri was able to perform just as well. And well- she looked happy. And I couldn't take that away from her. 

Yuri is dating this super cute soccer player now, he's quite similar to Taeyang. But lets be honest, no one can compare to Taeyang.

"Hyo! Breakfast is ready!"

And there he was. Calling out to me with so much love.

"Yah, hurry up and stop daydreaming! Or I'll eat your bacon."

"Coming!" I run to the kitchen where he was setting up the table.

Looking over my dish I notice that compared to his I was one bacon strip short. 

"Hey, how come you get three?"

"Do you want three?"

"Yes please."

"Then you have to kiss me. Right here," he pointed to his lips.

"Hmm, I think I'm good." I ignored him. His face was priceless but c'mon. His disappointed face was so cute.

" it."

"What?"

Before I knew it he had his lips crashed against mine and I couldn't help but respond back.

He kissed so great.

He pulled away and ate the extra piece of bacon that was intended for me. But I didn't care.

I'd take a kiss anytime.

Taeyang's phone began to ring, it was closer to me so I checked to see who it was and Jiyong's face popped up.

I passed it to Taeyang. He answered but after a few seconds I see his face pale.

"Yeobo?"

He brushed past me into the living room. He grabbed the TV remote and turned it to KBS. I saw a photo of him and what looks to be me covered by his jacket displayed on the screen.

A week ago, we both had decided to have dinner together. Before we left it had started to pour so he lent me his jacket exposing himself out in the open.

"No one is sure who the mystery woman is. But some speculate that it is a fellow idol. 

Due to her unique characteristic looks neitzens have begun to speculate who he was with.

We'll be waiting on a response from YG Entertainment. As soon as it's available we'll be here to deliever the news. This has been Entertaiment Weekly."

I walked over and grabbed the remote, turning off the TV. I stayed still in my spot waiting for someone to tell me this wasn't real. 

Taeyang and I were waiting for the right time to tell the public.

This was not how we wanted it to have turned out.

"Hyo?"

He walked towards me and embraced me in a hug. He began rubbing my shoulders and I found myself relaxing in his arms and responding back.

"What are we going to do?" I asked.

"Tell YG and Soo man. What else can we do? I bet they're already working on something right now."

"Will we be okay?"

"Yeah for sure."

"How do you know?

"I just do. I know our love is strong enough for this."

Our phones began ringing at the same time and we both went to check them. Our groupchat from MAMA received 10 new messages.

We opened it to see all the messages of encouragement from our friends.

You can do it, you guys! - Min

There's nothing you guys can't do. Stay strong! - Chaerin

I just saw the news. Finally! You guys needed to go public. Good luck - Taemin

I hear wedding bells, jk lots of love Oppa and Unnie. - Minzy

Can you guys have kids now? Let me know, I have baby names planned!! Yay! -Bom

Ignore her she's just excited. Hwaiting!   Leave them alone Bom unnie! - Dara

We both laughed at everyone's messages. Our friends were right. We could do this. Nothing was tearing us apart now.

"You ready?" Taeyang asked as he dialed YG's number.

"Ready as I'll ever be." 

5

I will always be happy for MAMA for it was the reason I got to see him again. The performance was great and even if I didn't get as much spotlight, I'm glad I did it.

4

I'm thankful for Yuri, Chaerin, Min, and everyone else who supported me.

3

I'm greatful for Taeyang who noticed me when I felt invisible.

2

For all the hardships that will come,

1

"I'm ready."

And we made the call.

We were ready for the world. And no one was stopping us.

You and me together
Through the days and nights

I don't worry 'cause
Everything's going to be alright

People keep talking they can say what they like

But all I know is everything's going to be alright

- "No one" Alicia Keys

It has been a hell of two years and honestly I rushed the ending a bit but I was just so stuck on what to write next I decided to end it. 

I will always love this pairing even if there is no way of happening I still ship it.

There is so many things that still need answering in this story but seeing on how all these idols are now. There is just too much to write down.

Thank you guys for all of your love and support and I hope you enjoyed this book.

Best wishes and all the love in the world,

Yours truly