of hope and the unexpected

Maybe we're not so different

A simple plot

But I know one day

Good things are coming our way.

 

"Up With The Birds" - Coldplay


“No, I can see why that would happen.” I waved off my awkward smile towards them. She smiled widely and I knew her motive. I know what she intends to do. I’m scared, but nonetheless I won’t lose either.

 

“I know! Manager Oppa said that it would be wise to add me since I AM SNSD’s Black pearl.” She emphasized “I AM’.

 

“How did you know we’d need someone y?”

 

“You told me, remember silly!”

 

No, I don’t.  I think you just eavesdropped.

 

“Well,  welcome to the team Yuri-ah.” Taeyang hugged her. He turned towards me and I swear he winked at me once he retreated back to the boys.

 

“Anyway, let’s teach you the steps-”

 

“I don’t need you to do that, I had Manager Oppa record the practices for me.” She began to stretch.

 

“Oh?! Really now. . .how prepared you are!” I said through clenched teeth.

 

She smiled widely, practically dancing in her spot. I can tell how excited she is and no matter how happy I’m trying to be, I can’t. It irks me, even if I could be wrong with these misguided jealous thoughts.

 

“Annyeong, Yuri sunbae!” I hear behind me. Chaerin approaches and bows. Yuri smiles back and walks away, I bet looking for Taeyang.

 

“She must be excited,” Chaerin smiled awkwardly.

 

“Too excited,” I sigh deeply. “Will you be here long? Do you have a schedule today?”

 

“Ani, I’ll be here. Wae? Do you want to get rid of me already?!” She jokes, I laugh and playfully squeeze her in a hug.

 

“If anything I want you to stay, but Dara and Bom. . .” I turned to look at D.O who had walked in earlier and was being teased and pampered by them.

 

"Yeah, they can be a handful. Don’t worry I’ll keep them in line.”

 

“Ani, actually how about you take some pictures. I could use this scene for the future.” I smile evilly.

 

“Arasso, Unnie?”

 

“Mm. Wae?”

 

“Don’t lose. You can do it.”

 

I guess I’m not the only one who wants me to not give up.

 

Taeyang, let my feelings reach to you.

 


 

 

Practice was over and we were halfway done with the mix Jiyong gave us. Everyone was leaving and soon the practice room was empty. I smiled and stretched. A while ago, I was having a hard time with this step we had learned. For some reason I couldn’t get it right and I was fuming when Yuri tried to teach it to me. She looked so smug. I was this close to yelling at her to drop her little act. But of course, I couldn’t. I was too scared of losing her.

 

Yes, I know. I show murderous intentions towards her. But that’s only because I’m jealous. And self conscious, intimidated, doubtful, and any others words that rank me below Yuri. I always knew people found me the least attractive in the group. All I have is my dancing, but I have gotten prettier!!!

 

I can’t let Yuri’s great aura pummel mine to the ground.

 

“Arassso, I will win!” I fist bump the air.

 


 

 

Taeyang

 

“Man, today was such a hard day! Wasn’t it?” Taecyeon walked with his arms crossed over his head.

 

“Mm, but it will all go back to normal once the newbies get caught up.”

 

“Who are you calling a newbie? DONG-BAE?!”

 

Yuri catches up to us, she falls into step with us.

 

"You.”

 

She laughed and hit me playfully in the arm, not as hard as Hyoyeon so it didn’t hurt as much.

 

“Yah,” I laughed with her. “Hyoyeon already hits me there enough everyday. At this rate you’ll both have me bruised!” Taceyeon and I laugh. I remember how I had crept up behind her one day and she hit me with all her force. I was shocked.  She was so red, and apologized for the rest of day.  But ended up hitting me again because of my teasing.

 

“Hey, where is Hyo?” Taecyeon questioned.

 

“I bet she already left,” Yuri says.

 

“She left you?”

 

“Probably but it’s okay, she was probably tired.” She smiles.

 

“Ah, you are so nice if Wooyoong had left me I would of been upset, because then I’d have to find a ride. Wait- did he-” he looked around.

 

“He left you,” Yuri and I laughed.

 

“Aw man,” he went running.

 

“Taecyeon is so funny!” Yuri laughs. “Oh by the way is it okay if we text again? Since we will be working together now!”

 

“Yeah, I have a new number so let me- ah I left my phone in the practice room!” I checked my pockets and duffel bag. “I’ll be back! Wait here,” I left running towards the practice room.

 

 


 

 

Hyoyeon

 

Foot in, swing it out. Twirl, shoulder goes left right,  jump and cross step, and down I go. I had fallen the third time in a row. Geez, I’ll never get this right.

 

I sit in the ground sitting indian style staring at myself in the mirror. I can do this. I have to be able to do this. I have a title to uphold. I get up once again. And try to execute it.

 

Foot in, swing out, twirl, shoulder goes left right, jump and cross step. Thud!!.

 

I groan and lay on the ground. “I can’t give up. I guess Yuri can do all the solos with Taemin.”

 

“But they suite you the best.”

 

I sit up immediately and I see Taeyang leaning against the doorway in a cool pose.

 

“Oppa. . .?”

 

“You know it may seem really awful, but for some people a special dance suits them better than others. In your case there is hip-pop, ballroom, popping, and locking. Something fun. As for Yuri, dances that are a bit more sensual. But our main focus is hip hop so it’s best to give you them.” He walks towards me. He lends his hand out and I hesitantly take it.

 

“Kansamida, and it sort of does sound awful but it also sounds logical.”

 

“I’ll help you, I wanted to earlier but Yuri had already volunteered.”

 

“More like showed off,” I muttered.

 

“What was that?”

 

“Aniya, I was just clearing my throat.” I quickly made up an excuse. “But you don’t have to, you were teaching the new members the choreo earlier. You must be tired.”

 

“Ani, I’m fine. My stamina is long lasting. Let me just find my phone and start.”

 

“Is that why you came?” We both look at each other in the eyes by accident. I look down as quickly as they landed on his. I hear him chuckle and I instantly regret doing so.  

 

“Hyoyeon- ah,”

 

 


 

 

Yuri

 

What’s taking him so long. I really did hope Hyoyeon had already left so I can spend time with him. But now he’s gone missing. I walked towards the practice room looking for him. I couldn’t stop thinking of him for a whole week. After all that begging I was scared Manager-Oppa would suspect something, I really stuck my neck out there. So I hope my actions are not in vain and Taeyang feels the same way.

 

I admit that I’m scared but he was the one who made that night unforgettable. I mean, I don’t remember anything but I’m sure it was amazing.

 

Okay, shake away these thoughts. I’m almost there. I slap my face lightly and walk up to the door.

 

“Hyoyeon-ah,”

 

Taeyang?! Hyoyeon?!

 

I tiptoe and peer into the room.

 

There Taeyang stood holding Hyoyeon’s chin. Their eyes locked on each other. Her eyes were bulging out and Taeyang was smiling at her.

 

A/N: So I finished watching Producer!! OMG I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!! Anyway, this chapter isn’t so great but I hope you guys like it!

 

Until next time!!


Saranghaeyo~!