do you?

Maybe we're not so different

Think of me when you're out, when you're out there

I'll beg you nice from my knees

And when the world treats you way too fairly

 

"All I Wanted" - Paramore

 


 

 


“Isn’t this beautiful?” I waved the black one shoulder lace dress in front of the girls.

 

“It is. You’ll look amazing Unnie!” Seohyun smiled. Tiffany, Sooyoong, and Seohyun were laying on my bed. “It’s like a fairytale!”

 

“Oh please, it’s more like a drama. All that is left is for someone to rival Taeyang’s love for you!” Sooyoong laughed.

 

“Guys, you’re embarrassing me!” I place the dress on a chair near by. “But even if it does happen I’d still choose Taeyang, I’ve waited so long for this. . .” I stare off into the room.

 

“Have you’ve been sleeping well?” Tiffany piped up. I nod and smile sheepishly. “Dae~!”

 

“You have not, you can’t stop thinking about this date!”

 

“Maybe?” I tease. They jump on the bed and start throwing my pillows at me giggling. “Guys, my hair~!” I whine.

 

“Dinner is ready!” Jessica yelled throughout the house.

 

“Coming!” we all chimed. We left my room and ran to the kitchen.

 

Jessica stood there with take-out bags and dumped them onto the kitchen counter before plotting herself on a chair.

 

“Takeout?” Sooyoong peeked through every bag.

 

“Yeah, Hyo hasn’t come back yet and you guys know where Taeng is.” She nonchalantly says as she pick up a salad.

 

“I was looking forward to her cooking today~!”  Seohyun whined to herself.  

 

I look at her disappointed face and thought about Hyoyeon. I haven’t told them about the incident and frowned. “I could cook for you next time!”

 

“Ani, you’re the worst cook of the group!” Sooyoong laughed biting into fried chicken.

 

“Thank you either way Unnie. I just miss Hyo, she hasn’t been around lately.”

 

“Where is that girl? I called Min and she said she hasn’t shown up to practice. I even called Jong Suk, but nothing.” Sooyoong grabbed another piece.

 

“Chincha? Yuri do you know anything?” Jessica looked at me. She gave me a suspicious look as I avoided the question.

 

“I just hope she’s okay.” Seohyun sadly bit into her own piece.

 

“Well,” I stood from my seat. “I need to get ready for tonight.” And with that I left the kitchen fuming.

 

 


 

 

It was time and Taeyang should be arriving any minute now. Everyone was gone. I placed a blanket on the floor and lit up candles and made sure I looked my best.

 

I jolted out of my seat when I heard the doorbell ring and I quickly buzzed him in.

 

He greeted me with a smile and handed me a bag. "I brought some food, we can eat it if you haven't prepared anything yet."

 

"Actually I'm glad you did, our oven isn't working at the moment." I lied. Crap, how could I have forgotten the food? "I was actually going to order something later but now we don't have to."

 

I lead him to the living room and he stood there wide eyed. Did I come on too strong?

 

"This is nice," he slowly walked to a pillow and sat down. "Did you do this all on your own?"

 

"No, Yoona and Seohyun came up with it." I lied again. I am coming on too strong. Why can't I do anything right!

 

"So what do you have planned for tonight?"

 

"I was thinking on watching a movie." I sat next to him. "I wasn’t sure which you'd like so I rented a few."

 

"You didn't have to I would've been okay with anything." He gave me a reassuring smile. I couldn’t help but feel very awkward. For some reason, I couldn't act the way I wanted to be around him. y and cool.

 

"If I stay?" He lifted the slender box. "This is American, and it has Chloe Moretz. Let's watch this one!"



 

Taeyang

 

"Okay," I handed it to her and stood from her seat. I wanted her to have a good time tonight, after accidentally agreeing to this I feel responsible and bad if I make this unenjoyable.

 

I picked a movie I thought she'd enjoy and that I would, well sort of.

 

We sat in silence as the movie played, the food was slowly giving the aroma of its contents making me break the silence. "Would you like to eat?"

 

"Eh," She broke eye contact with the screen. "Yes, please."

 

I stood up and sprinted towards the kitchen everything that I picked from that Thai place was still hot, I brought it to the blanket and let her choose first. She reached for the bowl of noodles and ate as she watched.

 

After we ate, the movie was slowly coming to an end when the TV went off. I turn to Yuri and she holds the remote to her chest. She turns to look at me and I can see tears forming in her eyes.

 

"I had a pregnancy scare." My eyes widened, the revelation catching me off guard.

 

Tears slid down her cheeks. "I was so afraid, Hyoyeon wanted me to tell you but I was so scared of what you would say. We slept together at that party Jiyong threw after his drug scandal. We didn't use protection. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you until now."

 

"I know."

 

"What?!" She yells.

 

"I know Yuri. I'm not upset with you but what made you tell me now?"

 

"That stupid movie." She said. "I'd never know when I'll get the chance to tell you. I don't want to regret it later on. But you knew?!" She yelled at me. I nodded.

 

"Why? Wh-why didn't you tell me anything?"

 

"I assumed you took care of the problem when you didn't show up looking pregnant. After all you never called. Selfish? Yes I am. Irresponsible? That I am." I admitted. "I'm sorry if I caused you pain and to worry."

 

“I'm sorry too. I tried to act like that never happened. I should've just told you the truth when it happened.”

 

“Well why didn't you?” I asked.

 

Her bottom lip trembled and she turned away from me. “I was scared and embarrassed that we'd have to be forced into marrige or something.”

 

Marrige? For some reason I thought the media would affect her more.

 

“I just- I've always like you. But I felt like you'd think that I purposedly slept with you to tie you down with a child.”

 

“Yuri, the was consensual whether we drunk or not. I'd never accuse you of doing something like that.”  I smile at her. “But I need to ask you-”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Do you really like me?” She looks at me and nods.

 

“What do you like about me?”

 

“I like your smile and your kindness. The way you laugh,” She sits up on her knees. “Like the way you laugh at Hyoyeon."

 

Hyoyeon, I hadn't thought about her in a while.

 

“Why do you smile at her like that?”

 

I shrug, It had always come naturally for some reason and if I ever tried not to laugh I'd just laugh even harder. “She’s silly, I guess.”

 

“Do you like her?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Do you like Hyoyeon?” I look into her eyes and I see so many emotions paint her face. Anger, sadness, and hope. But I can’t give her false hope. I had admitted this before to Jiyong. I was afraid that this moment would come but I knew that it was now or never.

 

“I do.”

 

She stays silent and we don't break contact for a while until she turns away and chuckles dryly. “I was afraid of that.”

 

“I'm sorry Yuri. I'm sorry about everything I've caused you. I truly am sorry.”

 

She glances at me and wipes away the tears that ran down her cheeks. “It’s okay. It's also my fault too, deep down I knew there was something between you two. But I still wanted to pursue you. I guess I couldn't take the hint as soon as I saw it. I accidently saw you guys practicing together and I could just tell sparks flew between you two.”

 

I shyly look away, I can't believe she saw that.

 

“And you should know that Hyoyeon had done nothing wrong that day. I riled her up because I was too hard on everyone. It's my fault and you should welcome her back to the team.”

 

“I know.”

 

“You do?!” she backed away.

 

“Yeah, Minzy explained to me what happened. I'm just waiting for Hyoyeon to confront me about it.”

 

“What do you mean?” She looks at me puzzled.

 

“I want her to stand up for herself and tell me what happened. She let's people walk all over her and I am no exception. It's time for Hyoyeon to grow a backbone.”

 

She laughs and stands up. “Maybe we should call it a night.” she suggests. I nod and stand up too. We hug and walk towards the door.

 

“Yuri, we're friends right?”

 

As she closes the door behind me I can hear her mutter ‘of course’ before I hear the door click shut.

 

A/N: Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been updating. I left to see my grandparents and couldn't log on and had to transition back to my job and school. So everything was a bit hectic these last few weeks. Happy late new years everyone and keep looking foward for my updates.

 

With lots of love,

 

Kira503