possibilities

Maybe we're not so different

'Cause the possibility

That you would ever feel the same way about me

It's just too much

Just too much

 

"Crush" - David Archuleta


 

 

Hyoyeon

 

I wake up and hovering over us were Taeyeon, Min, Yuri, and Minzy, wide eyed and pale. Next to me I feel Jong Suk shift awake and their gaze follows him.

 

“You're Lee Jong Suk.” Minzy bowed.

 

We all stay quite. No one dares to move.

 

“What the hell is going on here?" Taeyeon grabs the nearest pillow and begins to smack him.

 

“I was visiting-Yah!- Noona!!” he says between hits.

 

“Wait,” Yuri points at Jong Suk and I. “Are you two dating now!?” A smile forms on her lips and I immediately know what she’s thinking.

 

“I knew you two were close, but not close enough to sleep together!” Min gasps placing her hand on her cheeks.


 

“Guys, you’re overreacting!”

 

“Dude! Taeyang was with us.” Minzy exclaimed once Yuri left the apartment so sudden.

 

“BWO!? What do you mean was?” my eyes explode. I looked down at my clothes and blush in embarrassment. I look terrible! “Where did he go?” I asked weakly.

 

“I don’t know, he just walked out!” Min stared at Jong Suk. He smiled back politely, clearly uncomfortable.

 

“Maybe I should go. . .”  He began walking away. I rolled my eyes and looked away from him only to lock eyes with Taeyeon.

 

“Hyoyeon-ah, what’s going on?”

 

We all stay quiet. Taeyeon doesn’t know.

 

Shoot.

 


 

 

“So technically, this is still a fair game, but unfair at the same time.” She paused. “Well, aren’t we in a pickle.” She laughed awkwardly.

 

“But I have made a decision. I will make way for Yuri.”

 

“Bwo?!”

 

“Aniya, Hyoyeon!”

 

“You’re giving up?!”

 

I heard voices all around me. “Please respect my decision.”

 

“Hyo, but you had the first chance before she did. Literally it was an opportunity sent from heaven!” Minzy pouts.

 

“Guys, I don’t want to hear it. I’ve made my decision and it’s final.” I left to my room leaving them behind in shock. I wasn’t going to betray my friend.

 

 


 

 

Yuri

 

“Yongbae!” I caught up to him. I had followed him all the way to the parking lot wondering why he had left. “Why did you leave?”

 

He smiled gently and looked down to his shoes. “I wasn’t feeling well.” He simply responded.

 

I grabbed his hand and led him towards the elevator. “You know taking the stairs is healthy but riding the elevator is much more simpler.” He laughed and followed.

 

“So who was that guy? I left without knowing.”

 

“Jong Suk. The Lee Jong Suk, the actor!”
 

 

"Ah, he’s friends with you all?”

 

“Dae, well mostly with Hyoyeon and Yoona. Are you feeling better I can make you soup?” He nodded but I knew there was something bothering him and I wasn’t sure if I should ask or not.

 

We arrived on our floor and walked towards our door. I opened it and we were welcomed by a delicious scent. CL was in the kitchen making something in a pot. “Ah! Yuri-sunbae, Yongbae! Come and join us!” She says over the loud noise in the living room.

 

“What’s up, Chae!” Taeyang goes to hug her and I can’t help but feel sour about this. He was only mine to hug, no elses.

 

“Just came to cook, Bom gave me her chicken soup recipe.”

 

I watched them both as they talked. I don’t like this. Ugh.

 

“You got here fast.”

 

“I took the elevator.”

 

“Is it almost ready?” He was so close to her.

 

“It was already done. I had brought it from home and I’m only re-heating it.” she pours it into a bowl. “Here take it to Hyo. She’s in her room.”

 

“I can take it!” I was about to grab it when Taeyeon Unnie stopped me from doing so. “Ani, you will help me and Chaerin serve bowls and take them to the dining room.” I looked at her with pleading eyes. And whispered “Let him do things, that way he won’t get spoiled if you end up dating.”

 

If? I will be dating him. But I shrug it off since I found some logic into her excuse. “Dae~”

 

“Here Sunbae,” She hands it to him. “Down the hall; third door on your right.”

 

Ugh.

 


 

 

Taeyang

 

I was still upset from what I had seen. But I tried to shrug it off since it was none of my business to meddle into Hyoyeon's personal life. Yuri had fetched me and now I was walking to Hyoyeon’s room. Nervous was only an understatement. I was terrified for some strange reason.

 

Hyoyeon and Taeyang will make cute dancing babies~” I could hear Bom noona’s voice teasing me.

 

Get out of my head noona.

 

I reached my destination and I raised my hand to knock. Maybe I shouldn’t do this. Gah! I am Taeyang, fearless.

 

I knock and realize what I have done and I’m about to leave when she opens the door. Hyoyeon appeared with messy hair and baggy clothing. It was cute, I smiled inside. “Annyeong!”

 

“Ah!!” She slams the door shut.

 

 

“Hyo?” I call alarmed.

 

“Oppa!! I’m so sorry you saw me like that!” She screamed from the other side.

 

“Ani, it’s okay. You looked cute.”

 

I heard nothing, it was quiet. The door creaks open slightly and she pops her head out.

 

“Chincha?” She asks weakly.

 

“Mmhm. Beautiful.” I nod smiling in reassurance. She closes it again and I hear shuffling and after a while she opens the door.

 

“Mianhe, it's a lazy day. Sorry for the ugly appearance.” She apologizes. "I thought you had left?"

 

"I had to step out quickly."

 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just making you stand there.  What’s that?" She points at the tray.

 

“Kenchana. Here Chaerin sent some soup.” I hand it to her. Her hands touch the tray, it slightly tips over spilling soup on her wrist. She shrieks in pain and I quickly take it away. She runs to her bathroom and I enter the room placing it on a desk. “Hyoyeon! Kenchana?!” she has running water over the burn.

 

“Oppa, can you get the first aid kit from the dresser; bottom drawer on the right.”

 

I run and grab it. I take out aloe gel, a roll of bandage and the soothing pads and place them on the bed. I walk to the bathroom where she was and grabbed her other hand and lead her to one of the beds.

 

I look up to her face and she does the same. I stared into her eyes in question.  She smiles weakly and nods so I can proceed. Grabbing the aloe gel and gently squeezing the white long cylinder container and cover the burn. She finches and hisses in pain. I looked at her again and she says nothing so I continue. I smear it gently on her and blow on it so it would cool. I grab a pillow near me and space her wrist, the burn facing upward.

 

"May I ask whose bed this is?" I ask her.

 

"My own." She replies softly.

 

" Well, I hope you don't mind aloe hell smeared on it." She laughs lightly. "I'm surprised no one heard you screech." I joked.

 

"Yah, I do not screech!" She moved to punch but winced when she moved her injured wrist. "Ouch."

 

"Be careful, let me turn on the ceiling fan so it will cool it for you."

 

"Kansanmida, Oppa." I hear behind me. I pull the switch and the fan slowly powers on. I click it twice so it would stay that way.

 

"For what, burning you? Or treating your wound."

 

"For everything," her cheeks flush a pinkish color. "You're always helping me, and I never compensate you in return."

 

"Wae, since when have I ever asked for anything in return? We're friends, and friends help each other in anyway they can. I will not always be there for you but I will try." I don't know where that came from, but I don't care. She meant so much to me lately, she's become so beautiful over the years and I've finally gotten to know her. She is amazing when it come to her dancing, friends, and job.

 

I live it when she makes the room lively with her jokes, and makes everyone laugh even when they're not feeling they're best.

 

Or when she dances and she's completely concentrated and never misses a step.

 

When she helps the hoobae's.

 

When she displays her sincere feelings and cares for others.

 

I could tell she wasn't always the brightest (since she always made us laugh with her witty comments or her 'Campfighter') she was like a drug I wouldn't mind being on.

 

"Kansanmida Oppa. I feel extremely grateful for having you as a friend." She smiled.

 

"Do you think you'll be able to dance with that hand?"

 

"I'm not sure but it's best if I not risk it. I know you've done so much already for me. But could you record the practices at least for a week. Maybe it'll heal by then."

 

"Of course," I ruffled her hair. "Anything for you Hyo." We both smiled at each other and I feel my cheeks warming up. Why isn't that ceiling fan working?

 

"Ehem!" We turned towards the direction of the main door. And there Yuri stands with her arms crossed and three heads popping up behind her own.

 

"Oh hi guys. What’s up?" Hyo greets them. Chaerin runs to her side and stares at her wrist.

 

"What happened?!" Minzy and Taeyeon follow behind her.

 

"Just a minor accident but I treated her wound." I answer for her.

 

"Should we call a doctor?" Minzy asks.

 

"Maybe we should, what If it's serious?" Taeyeon chimed in.

 

"It was just a soup burn." Hyoyeon protested.

 

"And it was boiling hot!! Taeyeon Sunbae, maybe you should call a doctor." Chaerin clicked her tongue a few times as she stared at her burn.

 

"Okay, I'll be back soon."

 

 


 

Hyoyeon

 

The doctor had come by and said that I was alright and in a week it would heal. The whole dorm was in chaos as everyone was taking care of me even though I could easily do things my self.  Taeyang and the girls had left after my members arrived since it was too crowded.

 

Everyone was teasing Yuri that Taeyang was in her home and they all laughed and squealed about it together, except Taeyeon. Who reassured me earlier that she would support us both and who ever has a chance to socialize with him to be fair, even though I reminded I was to lay off.

 

"Hyo, everyone should get their happy endings. Even if it wasn't Yuri someone would still get hurt. Just try your best and you'll be fine."

 

I couldn't help but agree with her, I knew I wasn't the only one who wanted Taeyang but I'm sure no one else had the chance like me.

 

At least that's what I thought until Yuri came along. Just my luck.

 

 


 

A/N: I have so many ideas for this story, and it should take another few chapters to get to the . But there will be more to come so have patience and thank. Upvote and comment! I love feedback, it motivates me lol.

 

Sarangahe~!