the struggle is real

Maybe we're not so different

I’m afraid it will all disappear if I tell you
So I’ve hidden these words without anyone knowing

 

"I Wish It Was You" - Lee Jung


 

"Damn it Hyoyeon, just do it already!"

 

"Tell him how you feel."

 

"No."

 

"Do it."

 

"No."

 

"You will tell him."

 

"I will not."



"Why?!" I yelled at Jiyoung. "So I can be humiliated and have my heart shattered?!"

 

"You and I both know hearts can't shatter." His smug smile irked me. "Then tell him about what she did!"


 

"Stop being so literal, and why do you even care?"

 

"Because if Yuri kept the truth from him, maybe this whole incident will blow over."

 

"Uh, hello! Did you consider the fact that he might get furious when he finds out I knew and I didn't tell him!" I wave my arms frantically.

 

"That’s easy, just tell him it wasn't your secret to share."

 

"But won't I be telling that secret anyway?"

 

He stays quiet for a second and stared off into space.

 

"Oh my god! Get me off this stupid plane, so I can get away from this idiot!!" I yelled to no one in particular.

 

"This idiot can hear you."

 

We were flying somewhere, where I don't know. He just dragged me onto this plane. And has been pestering me about Taeyang.

 

"So you admit you are an idiot." I smile smugly.

 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." He rolls his eyes.

 

"I thought you were smart, tell me something I don’t know."

 

"You love Taeyang."

 

"Like I said tell me something I don’t know." I nonchalantly said.

 

He stares at me. It felt like hours had gone by but it was only 12 seconds. I stare out the window and think about all of this. He wants me to confess my feelings and also tell Taeyang about Yuri. What is Jiyong thinking?

 

"Why?"

 

"Why what?"

 

"Why is it that when I pursue something someone always outshines me and leaves me behind? Am I not good enough I think to myself every night and wonder how I am even here. I try so hard, give it my best but it's never enough." The plane passes a herd of clouds and I can see the land. "I wanted to give this a chance, actually try to gain a place in Taeyang's heart. I've always been considered the least prettiest in the group, the one with the least spotlight, the least lines, or schedules. I just feel so unimportant." I turn to look at him. He gives me that poker face of his. But his eyes say something I can't decipher.

 

"And now, I lost my only chance to shine in MAMA. I mean Dancing with the Star's was amazing. But it didn't last like I wanted it too."

 

"Hyoyeon, you are beautiful. There are plenty of people who believe that as well. And maybe your agency isn't the best but I've seen your potential since I was in SM."

 

"For some reason, your words comfort me. . .thank you ." I smile genuinely at him. "But I am a coward. I hide behind my silly personality. I step aside before I even get a chance to do anything."

 

"Then let me help you. I'll be there at the rehearsal and I'll be your bodyguard. I'll protect you from Yuri and Taeyang. I am your ally Hyoyeon, don't forget that."

 

He stands from his seat and kneels in front of me. He wipes my cheek and I realize that I have been crying.

 

"What did I do to deserve such great friends?" I laugh.

 

"A Lot. Trust me." He laughs as well.


 


 

For the rest of the day, we flew around and talked about things other than my problems. I learned a lot about Jiyong. Like he is more than meets the eye, he is a transformer.

 

I'm kidding.

 

We discussed about politics, and the latest trends he had discovered or how we use to be the dancing kids around SM.

 

I felt at peace, but I knew I could no longer run from my problems.

 

It was time that I started to listen to my heart.

 

A/N: Hello lovely readers! Anyway, this chapter gave me the feels because I've been so frustrated with myself and people. And I used Hyoyeon to release it lol. And lately I've been irked by SM because even though I love the SNSD comebacks, I just feel like Hyoyeon was neglected again and I Hope I Don't Sound Awful!!! But since our Jessica isn't in the band I thought SM would try to promote Hyoyeon more but it's the same as always. I'm upset by that but it's just my opinion. I'm sorry if I reopened wounds, forgive me.

 

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter.

 

Subscribe if you haven’t and share. Comment too! I like feedback. I mean what author doesn’t plus it makes me more excited to write the next chapter.

 

Next chapter: Yuri and Taeyang POV's