Tensions [First Unofficial Date pt 2]

Pulling my Heartstrings

No one 

The moment he entered the cafeteria, the reality of the situation hit him. He had no money. He didn't belong. He shouldn't be with Jungkook. Everything was just... Wrong. When Jungkook asked him what he wanted to eat, he couldn't answer and he suddenly felt nauseous. He realised that this was a very bad idea, and he fought to keep his discomfort down, until he couldn't take it any longer and dashed out of the cafeteria, leaving a stunned and very confused Jungkook behind. Taehyung collapsed on the edge of the pond and finally allowed his tears to flow. 

"Taehyung?" At the sound of Jungkook's voice, Taehyung quickly swiped his tears away with the back of his hand. Seeing that, Jungkook walked up to Taehyung and wrapped his arms around him. 

"Taehyung, I don't know what happened, and what's wrong, but I'll wait. Until you trust me enough to tell me... What's going on and whatever you have to. I'll be here for you, alright?" With that, Jungkook patted Taehyung's shoulder and let him cry. 

Sniffling, Taehyung managed a "J-Jungkook". As soon as Jungkook turned around, Taehyung hugged him tightly and cried in his shoulder, repeating "I'm sorry" in between sobs. Jungkook stayed silent as he held Taehyung and tried to comfort him. 

"You don't have to be sorry, silly, I wanted to be your friend."

"B-but you d-don't understand the t-truth and y-you don't know ab-about me." 

"That's why I'm your friend, to understand, to care for and to support you," Jungkook retorted.

"N-no. I-I'm not rich, I have a m-million problems and I-I'm not the kind of person you should be with!" Taehyung was starting to get annoyed at this point. Why didn't Jungkook see, why didn't he understand? Trying to push him away was not easy and he continued fighting as Jungkook just held him tighter. 

"Stop, Taehyung, please. Listen to me. I want to be your friend, not to judge you, but to help you! I want to be your friend, to comfort you, to listen to you, and not have you push me away and shut me out! I don't care what's happening, I'm just going to continue being your friend because that's what friends are for!" Jungkook half-yelled. Taehyung was too tired to reply and just sobbed in Jungkook's arms. 

After ten minutes, Taehyung's sobbing finally ceased and he tried to stand. Jungkook had already subconsciously gotten used to the feeling of Taehyung being in his arms and didn't feel like letting go. The more Taehyung struggled to get out of Jungkook's grip, the more Jungkook tightened it and he buried his face in Taehyung's shoulder. "Don't go," Jungkook muttered, before he realised the situation and let Taehyung go with a shriek and an "Oh my god!" As for Taehyung, he just froze there, not quite processing what had just happened. Jeon Jungkook had just hugged him and didn't want him to go? How was that even possible? Jeon. Jung. Kook. Oh my god. 

"T-Taehyung, let's go, the b-bell's gonna ri-ring." Jungkook's voice pierced through his thoughts and Atehyung snapped back into reality. Taking Jungkook's outstretched hand in his, Taehyung hauled himself off the ground and dusted his uniform. The walk back to class was awkward and embarrassing, none of them daring to utter a single word to each other. Until Jungkook reached his class and he only managed a "I'll see you... Later." before disappearing into class. Taehyung only nodded and headed to his classroom.    

Jungkook

"Ugh Jin hyung, Jimin, I screwed up so bad today..." Jungkook groaned for the millionth time and plonked his head onto Seok Jin's dining table. They were at Seok Jin hyung's house, which was a second home to Jungkook and not that far from Jimin's, hence they would usually stay there till after dinner when Jimin had to go home and Jungkook would usually just stay over. Jaehyo also sometimes stayed, but things weren't awkward and Jaehyo was always nice. If Jin was the mom, Jaehyo was the dad. 

"Says the one who always complains about my spazzing over Yoongi hyung." Jimin scoffed and Jungkook reached up to smack him on the head. 

"Shush." 

"Not going to. YOU shush." Jimin stuck his tongue out at Jungkook, who shot him a glare. 

"You two, stop it already. You guys are really going to give me a headache, ugh." Jin reprimanded while walking out with the dishes he had just prepared. 

"But Jin hyuuuuung! It was so embarrassing! And I don't understand what's wrong with Kim Taehyung!" Jungkook huffed and stomped his foot. Jimin just rolled his eyes and Seok Jin sighed.

"Aish what's going on?" Jaehyo, appearing from his and Seok Jin's shared room. 

"Jaehyo hyung!! I screwed up so badly in front of Kim Taehyung!" Jungkook whined.

"Kim Taehyung? That Taehyung?" Jaehyo replied in shock and half-horror. "What are you doing with him?" 

"Hyung, he's a nice guy! I believe in him!" Jungkook defended. 

"I've heard plenty of rumours about him. He has a dubious background and apparently is from some gang. He's dangerous!" 

"But so was I! Have you forgotten about my past with L.Joe and the gang? And what about your gang?" 

"That's different. Jaehyo's gang is a group of underground hiphop artists. Not to mention, you've left L.Joe. And, you don't know much about Kim Taehyung so I suggest you stay away before you get into some sort of trouble. Speaking of which, I haven't seen the boys in a long time. How's Zico and Namjoon?" Jin interjected. 

"Still the same. Namjoon's still promoting with Suga and J-Hope, Zico's promoting with Kyung and Jihoon. Ukwon and Bbomb got into a dance school after some competition and Taeil's in university. They do have plans and hints of collaboration, though they're still friendly rivals at this point in time." Jaehyo updated.

"I see. We should go visit them sometime soon I guess. How's the summer holidays sound?" At that, Jimin and Jungkook were both alert and grinned. 

"I wanna see Yoongi hyung!" Jimin chirped, while Jungkook rolled his eyes. 

"Shut up and eat." Jimin pouted and sulked into his food. Jungkook sighed and shoved a mouthful of rice into Jimin's mouth, successfully earning a glare from Jimin. Seok Jin and Jaehyo just chuckled at how childishly their dongsaengs were behaving and dug into their dinner.  


Double update woot but well this is like, word vomit, idk what I'm doing hahaha xD so yeah xD 

44 Subbies I'm cryin ;; love you guys so so so much! <3

- thaliagrace