First Encounter

Pulling my Heartstrings

Jungkook

- Days later - 

"Kookie~ I need your help." Seok Jin approached Jungkook. 

"Nae hyung, what is it?" Jungkook looked up from his stack of papers. It was their council duty now and they were in their "office". 

"I need your help in finding these students, Im Jaebum, Jung Daehyun and Kim Taehyung. They were late today, and I need to find out why and take attendance." Nodding, Jungkook scribbled down the names and proceeded to look for them.

Deciding to look for Kim Taehyung first, since his class was nearer to the office, Jungkook proceeded to head for class 3A.


Taehyung 

Groaning, Taehyung panted heavily as he stepped onto the school compounds. Teen top had intercepted him on the way to school and now, not only was he late, he also had a bruised cheek. His lip was split again as it hadn't completely healed from the previous beatings. In short, he looked horrible and unkempt, and his uniform was dirty. Seeing that no one was around, Taehyung quickly dashed for his classroom. 


Jungkook 

Taehyung was not in class. Sighing, Jungkook turned to look for the other students, only to have a dishevelled boy run into him.

"Hey are you alright?" Jungkook asked, while reaching out to steady him. As the boy looked up, Jungkook let out a soft gasp as he saw the boy's terrible state. Taehyung looked away and tried to stand, but seeing how difficult it was for him, Jungkook decided to wrap his arm around Taehyung's waist and used his free hand to drape Taehyung's arm around his neck.

"Come on, let's get you to the nurse's office. Are you Kim Taehyung by any chance?" Jungkook queried while supporting Taehyung and leading him to the nurse. Said boy just nodded quietly and followed him, and for some reason, Taehyung did not even look at Jungkook even once.

Taehyung 

As he was dashing to class, he failed to spot a figure in front of him and ran head first into the person. Mumbling an apology and not daring to look up, Taehyung stumbled and felt a pair of arms wrapping around him. 

"Hey are you alright?" At that voice, Taehyung's eyes widened for a split second before regaining his composure and looking up. He heard a soft gasp escape those pretty pink lips and looked away. Now he was pretty sure Jungkook did not have a good impression of him and there was no more hope. Looking away to hide the disappointment overwhelming him, Taehyung tried to stand but failed to, until he felt an arm snaking around his waist.

"Come on, let's get you to the nurse's office. Are you Kim Taehyung by any chance?" Taehyung heard Jungkook ask. Not wanting to speak due to the waves of emotions engulfing him, Taehyung just nodded, unable to meet Jungkook's eyes. The rest of their trip to the nurse's office was conducted in silence, however, Taehyung's inner self was the complete opposite of his outer one, screaming and going crazy, since Jungkook was so near to him, and he was so cute and perfect, and, and-- His train of thoughts were interrupted when the nurse's office came in view.

Entering the nurse's office, Jungkook helped Taehyung to the nearest bed and sat him there. "Stay", Jungkook commanded, as he went to look for the nurse. Taehyung obeyed and waited obediently for the nurse to return and tend to his wounds. He winced when the nurse cleaned up a spot on his chest and Jungkook walked over to Taehyung, sitting beside him and patting his head. Taehyung's breath hitched in his throat as he tried to calm his nerves. That is not Jeon Jungkook. Don't let it show. Take a deep breath Kim Taehyung. Calm down. Calm. 

After the nurse was done, Jungkook flashed Taehyung a smile, which melted Taehyung's insides.

"So... I guess I'll see you around school? I'll tell Jin hyung that you got injured on the way to school so he'll excuse you. Here's my number," Jungkook took out a piece of paper and pen from the nurse's table, scribbling his number "so call me if you need help or a friend I guess?" Jungkook chuckles shyly and handed Taehyung the paper. All Taehyung wanted to do was to pinch Jungkook's cheeks-- and oh my gosh did he just say friend? Taehyung was bubbling with happiness and excitement, as he took the piece of paper from Jungkook's pretty hands. With that, Jungkook smiled again and turned to leave. 

"Oh and I forgot, my name is Jeon Jungkook!" Taehyung chuckled at his cuteness and watched as Jungkook headed towards the freshmens' block. I know, Taehyung wanted to say, but he had decided to just play it cool, lest he scared Jungkook. At least it's a start. Taehyung smiled to himself and made his way, albeit rather painfully, to class. 

He had never experienced a happier day in his life.  


Jungkook 

After gathering the students, Jungkook led them to Seok Jin's office and explained Taehyung's situation. Being understanding, Seok Jin agreed to let him off the hook this once and Jungkook left. 

As Jungkook walked back to his desk, he thought of Taehyung. Taehyung somehow intrigued him. Being mysterious, unknown to the world made Jungkook really curious and he wanted to know more about Taehyung. And not to mention, Taehyung was really good looking. Jungkook was thoroughly attracted to him the first time he laid eyes upon him, despite the injuries. The sense of elation when Taehyung accepted the piece of paper with his number on it was indescribable. He was practically squealing on the inside like a hopeless fangirl. He was secretly hoping that Taehyung would contact him, and hopefully even befriend him. Yet a small part of him told my that he should not be attracted to Kim Taehyung in any way. Kim Taehyung might be dangerous, or even worse than L.Joe. Jungkook was pretty sure he wouldn't be able to accept any form of emotional blow anymore, and it was best that they ended even before they started. The scars from his previous relationship with L.Joe had not fully healed, and he was confused as to whether he was ready to open up to and accept Taehyung. Another part of him also wondered: what if Taehyung did not like him? What if Taehyung was straight? Sighing, Jungkook decided to push his emotions away for the moment and focus on his work.  


so they finally met and interacted! And now Jungkook's starting to get interested in Taehyung heh xD not sure if this seems rushed but oh well :D it's taekook heh xD 

I just want to thank my readers and sub ise for reading and supporting me and I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! <3 xoxo xD 

- thaliagrace