First Unofficial Date [pt 1]

Pulling my Heartstrings

Jungkook

Every day after that, Jungkook would stare at his phone and wait for Taehyung to call. He wasn't sure why he did this, or why he wanted so much for him to call. Jungkook sighed in exasperation as he put his phone away for the nth time that day. 

"Hey Kook, you haven't been yourself lately and you keep checking your phone. Is something bothering you?" Seok Jin asked, concerned. He had been observing his dongsaeng, seeing him make mistakes, checking his phone non stop and completely being out of sorts. 

"It's nothing hyung, I can handle it." Jungkook smiled feebly to show his hyung that he was alright. Seok Jin shook his head and chuckled.

"If you say so" with that, Seok Jin turned and left.

Jungkook huffed and sank further into his chair, turning his phone in his hand while waiting for break to come, when all of a sudden, a message popped up on the phone screen. Leaping up, Jungkook's Samsung almost slipped out of his fingers as he unlocked it with trembling hands. 

To his disappointment, it was just Jimin and a message alerting him that "Yoongi hyung's having practice today and I'm gonna watch him." Scoffing, Jungkook put his phone away. More like ogling at his body, he thought. Now, Jungkook would be alone at recess. Seok Jin hyung and Jaehyo hyung would be having recess together, and Jungkook was contemplating if he should be a third wheel or just not go for recess. Just then, his phone buzzed for a second time.

"Hey Jungkook, this is Taehyung~ Just wanted to ask if we could have recess together? I mean, I  understand if you don't want to, you don't have to reply me..." With trembling hands, Jungkook quickly typed a "yes!" and hitting send, then realising that he might have sounded too desperate. Smacking himself on the forehead, he typed out another "I mean... I'd like to. Meet me at the council office? Keke" and hitting send after checking the message three times. Grinning, Jungkook put his phone away and started checking himself in the mirror while humming a tune, before returning to his desk and waiting rather impatiently for the bell to ring.

Taehyung

Yawning, Taehyung looked around the classroom before plopping his head onto his desk and closing his eyes. Five minutes later, Taehyung decided that sleeping was not helping his boredom and tried thinking of ways to relieve his boredom when he opened his sketchbook and a slip of paper fell out. It was the piece of paper with Jungkook's phone number, and although he had saved it days ago after Jungkook had left, he decided to play it cool and not contact him for the time being. An idea popped up in his mind and he fished out his handphone and typed in Jungkook's name. He then racked his brains, trying to think of a way to ask Jungkook 'out' for break without seeming too desperate. Finally, he settled on "Hey Jungkook, this is Taehyung~ Just wanted to ask if we could have recess together? I mean, I  understand if you don't want to, you don't have to reply me..." and hit send, after a gruelling ten minutes of drafting, editing, rereading, deleting and finalising. Taehyung started drumming his fingers impatiently on the table waiting for Jungkook's reply. 

Almost immediately, his phone vibrated and he chuckled when he saw Jungkook's "yes!" Just as he was about to type a reply, a second message from Jungkook appeared. "I mean... I'd like to. Meet me at the council office? Keke" Grinning, Taehyung put his phone away and started counting down the minutes till break.

~

As soon as class was over, Taehyung immediately grabbed his bag and flew to the council office. Stopping at the door to fix his uniform and hair, he swallowed nervously before rapping on the door. When the door opened seconds later, Taehyung forced an awkward smile on his face.

"H-hey J-Jungkook," Taehyung stuttered and looked down, trying to hide the blush that was creeping onto his cheeks, tinting them the most brilliant shade of pink.

"Hey Taehyung," Jungkook greeted back. "So... I guess let's go?" Jungkook asked hesitantly while Taehyung nodded. Both shy and extremely embarrassed, they started walking side by side to the canteen, Taehyung never looking up from the floor.

"Is the floor more interesting than me?" Jungkook asked, feigning hurt. Taehyung's head shot up as he panicked and mumbled a "no". 

A surprised gasp escaped his lips when he felt Jungkook's hand on his forehead. "Are you sick? Why's your face so red?" Shaking his head fervently, Taehyung blushed even more and started walking towards the canteen when he felt a small hand slip into his. Turning to look down at his and Jungkook's hands, a shy grin started forming on his lips.

Jungkook

Opening the door to reveal a flustered Kim Taehyung was the best thing he could ever ask for. Taehyung looked incredibly adorable, and Jungkook was squealing like a fangirl on the inside. He, however, was much more calm and composed as compared to Taehyung. After they got (more or less) over their initial awkwardness, they started heading to the canteen. As they were walking, Jungkook realised Taehyung never really looked at him. Deciding to play around with Taehyung, Jungkook feigned hurt in his voice and asked, 

"Is the floor more interesting than me?" Seeing Taehyung panic, he had to bite his lip to stop himself from laughing. Jungkook decided to take one more step and placed his hand on Taehyung's forehead, asking if he was sick, seeing how flushed Taehyung was. When Taehyung started walking again, Jungkook followed and slipped his hand shyly into Taehyung's. Seeing Taehyung's reaction, Jungkook smacked his head lightly and told him to continue walking. 

Reaching the cafeteria, they found a table and sat. Jungkook asked Taehyung what he wanted to eat, however, Taehyung kept quiet and he noticed Taehyung's discomfort. Deciding not to push him, Jungkook sat across Taehyung and brought Taehyung's face up to meet his eyes. 

"Are you alright?" Jungkook asked.


Think I'm gonna do a double update today haha their first "date", getting to know each other soon and stuff~ fluffy taekook for you guys and I'm sorry but there'll be conflicts later on like prob a few chapters on ;; 

37 subs -- holy! Haha MY LOVE FOR YOU GUYS IS INFINITE <3 enjoy!

- thaliagrace