Taehyung and Jungkook

Pulling my Heartstrings

Taehyung

Taking a shaky deep breath, Taehyung stood up and dusted his crumpled uniform. It was like this every day. Every. Single. Day. He would come to school early in the wee hours of the morning, before the sun came up, to avoid his drunk father, who would go out partying at dusk and only returned home just at the crack of dawn, when the first sunlight filters through the gaps between the clouds. 

Sometimes, Taehyung just hated himself so much. Why did it have to be he, who had to suffer and go through all this? He also hated himself for crying, for showing any signs of weakness, and yet he just had to, simply because it was all too much for any human being, let alone an 18 year old boy, to bear. 

And yet, all these were not even his greatest problem. In his opinion, his greatest problem was an intelligent, talented, rich and popular Vice President of the student council, Jeon Jungkook. Of all people, Taehyung had to be deeply attracted to this guy. Of all people, Taehyung had to fall for someone so different from him, someone so high up and unattainable, someone who most definitely would not look at the mysterious problematic kid with failing grades, whom no one wanted to be associated with. 

And Taehyung fell hard.

On top of that, this particular boy was his first love. 

Everyone talks about how first loves never really work out, but Taehyung was just hoping for even the slightest chance, to experience how wonderful love and happiness was, even for just an hour. He couldn't really remember his mother, who passed away when he was one due to liver failure. He never truly experienced the love and warmth of a happy family, as his father turned into a drunken bastard shortly after his mother passed away. All he remembered were sufferings, beatings, hardships and all he wanted was to experience happiness and bliss. Most importantly he wanted to experience love. Of being loved, and to love someone more than anything. To be able to Do everything for that person, no matter how impossible, to experience the bliss though the simplest of things, to just be contented by waking up every morning in that special person's arms.

He wanted Jeon Jungkook. 


Jungkook 

Being the popular, well-rounded, intelligent student councillor in school didn't mean that he had any lack of problems. Sure, he was rich, but that also meant that his parents were mostly overseas, working and slogging their guts out to bring back money for him. This led to him having a lack of proper guidance, and he joined a gang at age 14 which he left a year later. 

During that year, he dated one of the gang members, L.Joe, and after an incident (which caused him to leave the gang), he started developing trust issues and decided that he would not love and trust anyone else so easily ever again. 

In school, he had a best friend, Park Jimin, a star athlete and an average student academic wise. They had been friends since the start of high school and had maintained their friendship all the way, stuck through thick and thin even the darkest days of Jungkook's life when he was in the gang. Jimin was always there for Jungkook, and Jungkook was grateful for that. 

Jungkook also had a close and favourite hyung, Kim Seok Jin, the president of the student council and boyfriend of the school's Busan Flower Boy, aka ulzzang Ahn Jaehyo. Seok Jin hyung had been there to guide and council him, pulling him back onto the right track after Jungkook's departure from the gang, and Seok Jin had ceaselessly helped Jungkook to get to where he was today. That was why the two of them had became inseparable, and were now like brothers, seeing as how they were both single childs and Seok Jin had always wanted a younger brother to care for, to mother and to fawn over. Not that Jungkook minded one bit.

As much as Taehyung knew about Jeon Jungkook, however, Jungkook had no clue as to who Kim Taehyung was. He had heard a few flitting rumours, but had dismissed them. In Kim Taehyung's eyes, Jeon Jungkook was his everything, his world, his sea, but to Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung was just another student, just another fish in the sea.

 


First chapter's up! Just a brief overview of Taetae and Kookie~ Comment on what you think and subscribe or even upvote maybe? Exams coming up, just needed to take a breather from all that studying! Hope you enjoyed it!

- Thaliagrace 

edit: changed the formatting cuz my friend said I shouldn't write POV since I'm using 3rd person heh