School

Pulling my Heartstrings

Taehyung 

Walking to the row of lockers for the third years, Taehyung quickly grabbed his things to avoid the trample and the stampede that would take place in another five minutes. Sighing, he closed his locker and walked down the empty hallway to his classroom and approached his seat by the window at the back of the class.

Just as he sat, the bell rang and slowly students began streaming into the class. A bored look washed over Taehyung's face as lessons began. How he wished he had the same classes as Jungkook. At least it would be more interesting than attending Korean History alone. 


Jungkook 

Walking down the halls, a familiar voice called out to him. 

"Yah Jeon Jungkook!" Turning around, he came face-to-face with his best friend, a baby-faced boy slightly older than him with a body that contrasted his face. Grinning, Jungkook chuckled and ruffled his hair to annoy his friend.

"Hey kid, how have you been?" Seeing Jimin's face contort into one of annoyance, Jungkook couldn't help but to pinch his cheeks and burst out laughing.

"Watch it, Jeon Jungkook. I'm still your hyung by a few months after all!" Jimin snorted and turned to his locker. After gathering their things, they headed for their first class together. 

- During break - 

"Jimin! Yah Park Jimin are you seriously staring at that Yoongi-hyung of yours again?" Jungkook sighed in exasperation. Jungkook knew that his best friend had a crush on a certain basketballer, Min Yoongi, for a few months now and had to put up with Park Jimin's gushes of "Yoongi hyung is so cute!", "Yoongi hyung is so cool, did you see that?" and so on. Dragging his best friend to a table, Jungkook made Jimin sit as he went to buy food. 

"Kookie~ Aigoo my Kookie is so adorable~!" Seok Jin squealed and fawned over his favourite dongsaeng. Embarrassed, Junkook pushed his hyung's reaching hands away from his cheeks.

"Aish this hyung. Remind me again, how did you even become the president of the student council?" Seok Jin pouted as Jungkook shook his head, the two of them grabbing their food and Jungkook took an extra portion for Jimin. As they were walking back to their table, Jaehyo joined them and they started a conversation about school and their life, before they reached and were forced to listen to Jimin's "encounters" with his Yoongi hyung.


Taehyung 

Taking out his sandwich, Taehyung sat on a bench by the school's pond and ate. He decided that the school's food was too expensive and by bringing his own, he could save a few dollars each day. He chose the pond as there were hardly anyone who would pass by, all choosing to play in the basketball courts and so on. Watching the fishes in the water, Taehyung wondered how it would be like to be one of the fishes, swimming freely in the pond, having friends and not having to worry about a single thing. He wanted to at least be Jungkook's friend, and that would always beat having none. 

A tear slipped from his eye as a familiar tightening in his chest rose. To Taehyung, it felt like a fist, tightly grabbing his heart and suffocating him. It pierced him knowing that he likedJungkook would probably not even notice him. Taehyung had enough problems of s own, and did not want to drag Jungkook into any of them. Chiding himself, he told himself to stop being delusional. Jeon Jungkook, a prince so high up, would never notice a simple peasant like Kim Taehyung, and they would never, ever match. He wanted so badly to hold on to the dream of having Jungkook notice him, but he had to get real. It was just not possible, and who ever mentioned that Jeon Jungkook was gay? Warm tears cascaded down his cheeks and Taehyung swiped away at them, not wanting anyone to spot him and possibly make fun of him. The bell rang, signalling the end of break and Taehyung returned to class, along with everyone else.

- After school - 

A punch was landed on his cheek. Yet another was landed on his torso. Punch after punch and a few kicks were dealt upon Taehyung. The gang from TOP High had decided that Taehyung would be their punching bag a few years back, and almost everyday from then on, Taehyung had to not only face his dad's attacks, but also Teen top's. 

Since Taehyung's house was in the poorer areas of Busan, he had to take a certain path home. This path was littered with gangs, criminals and shady people, and that was how he came across the gang Teen top. The gang consisted of the leader, L.Joe, and the other members C.A.P., Chunji, Niel, Ricky and Changjo. 

A blow was landed on his jaw, bruising his lower lip. Taehyung tasted a familiar metallic taste on his tongue, but he was too exhausted and pained to even care. After a few more kicks and punches, Teen top decided it was enough and they halted their actions, L.Joe spitting on Taehyung before they left, leaving Taehyung to groan and prop himself against the wall in agony. 

"" Taehyung muttered as he felt his torn lip. Grimacing, he hauled himself up and grabbed his bag. It was almost 5, so by the time Taehyung was home, his father would have been out and he could tend to his wounds in peace. Taehyung could not decide which was worse; Teen top's regular beatings or his dad's abuse. Or the mental and emotional torture Jeon Jungkook indirectly inflicts on Taehyung on a daily basis.

 


I'm sorry for making Taehyung's character so sad TAT But it will get better and I don't really plan on writing angst so look forward! For all you taekook shippers, please do not mourn xD A bit more info and insight on the characters and their thoughts, will talk more about Jungkook's life in later chapters, there'll be progress and stuff~ (I won't reveal much) their first meeting will come soon (wink wink) 

and OMG 17 subs I'm spazzing~ Love you guys so much! <3 

-thaliagrace