♕ Unforgettable Night

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{20}

 

Unforgettable Night

*edit: I changed the ending and added a little bit more to it.

Today was the day of Aeiyong’s parents death anniversary.

 

June 10th, 2008. 5 years already huh? Time flies. Aeiyong thought to herself. She told herself that she wasn’t going to cry today or try not to at least. Not as much as she usually does at night outside of her house when the kids are sleeping. Of course, she would have to end up telling the kids about their parents and about what today was. Today was a day that she dreaded.

 

“Kids, I need to talk to you and this is serious,” Aeiyong sighed and grabbed the hands of the kids. “I’m sorry, this is a terrible day, and I’m sorry you’re going to have to hear this-” she turned to Yoonsul “-especially after your birthday.” The kids automatically knew there was something wrong and there was something bothering Aeiyong. They didn't want to push it any further and just decided to listen to her.

 

She started off with a big sigh. “Kids... Have you ever wondered where umma and appa are?” She looked the two in the eye as she asked this question. The two nodded.

 

“And, have you ever thought about things that you thought umma and appa had done? Like... Like if they have abandoned us, or if they split up?” The two nodded yet again.

 

“Well... Today I’m going to tell you something right now. It’s-it’s not going to be easy to tell you this, but I will try to act strong.” Aeiyong’s voice wavered. “Umma and appa...” inhale “...are dead.” exhale. She told them. She looked the two in the eye and saw Yoonsul’s shocked expression and Minsoo turning his head away from the two.

 

“You knew... Didn’t you, Minsoo-ah?”

 

“...I... I heard your cries at night,” Minsoo confessed. Her eyes shot open and she looked down. She bit her lips to stop the tears from

flowing down.

 

“I’m sorry you had to hear that,” she quietly whispered, still looking down. Minsoo looked at her bowed head and hugged her tightly; her lips quavered a little but she still was determined to not cry.

 

“Sadly, today is their death anniversary. So I’m sorry if this ruins your day but we’re going to their grave.” The two nodded and got up to change. The door bell rang and Aeiyong knew that was Myungsoo. She patted her eyes gently avoiding ruining her make up and blew her nose before answering the door.

 

“Hey Aeiyong! Wanna go out today?” Myungsoo’s bubbly attitude made Aeiyong even more sad.

 

“I’m sorry Myungsoo-ah, but I can’t,” Aeiyong looked down and bit her lip again.

 

“...What’s wrong Aeiyong?” This was odd to him, she wouldn’t say his name, not after they got together so he knew there was definitely something up. “...It’s my... p-...” She couldn’t hold it in anymore and just cried out. She sank onto the floor with her hands over her face.

 

“Ah, Aeiyong...” Myungsoo caught on with her needing to finish the sentence. He bent down to comfort her. He patted her back and got her up on her feet again, supporting her and letting her lean on his body so she won’t fall again. “It’s been 5 years,” Aeiyong sobbed into his shoulder. Myungsoo didn’t know what to say nor do in this situation, so he just continued to pat her back gently, kissing her cheek multiple times. “There there, Aeiyong-ah. I’m sure they’re very proud at how strong and how far you’ve went now.” He pulled away from Aeiyong and grabbed her shoulders. “So, can you smile? For me? For your parents? I’m also pretty sure they don’t want you crying right now. They want to see a strong, happy Aeiyong. Smile Aeiyong. Can you do that for all of us?”

 

Aeiyong nodded, wiping her nose and smiled. “I’m sorry you have to see this state of me,” she joked and smiled. “Thank you, oppa.” “There’s the Aeiyong I know,” Myungsoo smiled and pinched her cheeks.

 

“Minsoo! Yoonsul! Let’s go! Wanna come with?” “Sure. If you end up crying again I can take you all out to make you happy again, because that’s what I do best,” Myungsoo smiled sweetly at her.

 

The four all went to the graves of her parents and they all bowed.

 

“Umma, appa, how are you today? I’ve bought the kids and also my boyfriend,” Aeiyong began. “Umma, appa, meet Myungsoo oppa.” Myungsoo was new to this so he was a little confused as to what to do, so he just looked at Aeiyong helplessly.

 

“U-um, hello, I’m Aeiyong’s boyfriend Myungsoo. Please don’t be worried, I will take good care of her and shower her with lots of love as well as the kids. Please look after us,” Myungsoo bowed and looked at Aeiyong. “Did I do it right?” he whispered. Aeiyong laughed and nodded.

 

The kids then started to talk to the graves, as if their parents were there. Aeiyong and Myungsoo had finished, so they walked away and allowed the kids to have some private time.

 

“Thank you, oppa for being with us here. I think the tight and sad atmosphere has disappeared and we’re all feeling alright now,” Aeiyong turned to Myungsoo and grabbed his hands. “It’s nothing. I couldn’t cope seeing my beautiful girlfriend and her siblings crying, so I had to do something,” he leaned in and pecked her. But she let go of his hands and grabbed his face, pulling him in again for a longer kiss. A more passionate and thankful kiss.

 

“I love you,” the two whispered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter