Change your mind

When we say it's nothing every time... then there could be something...

They we’re about to turn right when Shin Hye spoke.

 

Shin Hye: Do you know where I live?

Min Ho: Deh, Yong Hwa told me your address.

 

Silence again.

After they parked. Shin Hye removed his scarf, gave it to him. And at the same time.

Shin Hye: Oppa, komowo…

Min Ho: Is it okay to talk?

Silence again.

Shin Hye: Sure. Cover up. Let me come up first and you can follow me after 5 mins. It’s 507.

Min Ho: It’s like you’ll be paying for my 5 mins. too? Cha Eun Sang?

He let out a nervous laugh. He has to tell a joke now or else his heart will get out of his chest because of nervousness. Shin Hye just smiled at him.

Min Ho: I’ll bring the bags.

 

Shin Hye didn’t look back.

He is playing a monologue inside the car - Okay Min Ho you have to explain everything to her. You should confess now. It’s been weeks that you’ve been thinking about her and you thought it’s just a plain attraction, but you’re all wrong. Whenever a staff asked you if you’re two are dating, you just smile! That idiotic smile! It’s not working! You’re really a choding if you don’t confess to her right now!

 

While he was talking to himself, someone sent a text message.

Shin Hye: Oppa, you can go up now.

How long has he been talking to himself! He’s going crazy! Or crazier if he just let this chance go.

 

 

When he rang the doorbell, he can hear barks. Ah the 2 dogs are with her. Shin Hye opened the door. He can’t tell who is Nori and who is Bongji.

 

Shin Hye: Kids, say hi to Min Ho Ahjusshi

 

It’s like a sweet sound to his ear. But she told the dogs Ahjusshi? Am i that old now?? 

 

Shin Hye: Oppa make yourself comfortable. What do you like to drink? I have red ginseng.

Min Ho: Anything is okay.

Shin Hye: Let me settle the kids first.

 

That made him smile, again. He grimaced. This is disappointing, if everything Shin Hye do makes him smile more, how can he think straight?!

 

When Shin Hye came back, she was in tattered shorts and a white top. What the heck! Is the only thing he can say to himself.Her attire is not helping. 

She seated far from him… on one long sofa.

 

Shin Hye: Oppa, I have to pay you for the medicine.

Min Ho: Don’t bother its okay.

Shin Hye: Uhmm I have to pay you because I lied.

Min Ho: Lied?

Shin Hye: Deh… the thing is, I lied that I am sick.

Min Ho creased his eyebrows. He’s not exactly following her.

Shin Hye: I lied that I am sick because I know all of the staffs will be there and majority will be men. And Yong Hwa is there too, and then I know Geun Suk Oppa will be there too, he can’t miss Manager Jung's birthday. He’s present every year. It’s a good thing that Hong Ki is busy. Or else you will see a bunch of weirdos and bromance there. It’s not that I don’t want to attend the birthday party or see them, but I was so tired too. Please don’t misunderstand. And then when Manager Jung realized that I will be the only girl, Ji Won was inside the SBS van waiting for her manager. Then he decided to invite her too. But I wish Bo Na, oh sorry Krystal, was the one invited instead of Ji Won. Not that I am not fond of Ji Won, but you know how Krystal was the favorite. It will be much easier to sneak out of it if it was Bo Na, Oh Krystal, no one will dare to argue with her because she was too cute. One aegyo and you’re all dead.

 

She was talking too fast. Why is she talking too fast? Why is she confused between Bo Na and Krystal when they are the same person? Is she nervous too? He cut her off.

 

Min Ho: Don’t worry about it. Just treat me dinner next time.

 

Shin Hye just stopped talking and stare at him. Did she realize that he’s asking her for a date?

 

Min Ho: Keunde… What happened earlier…

Shin Hye: Aaahhh… What happened earlier?

 

Is she playing games with me? Did she forget about it already? He is now angry.

Min Ho: What do you mean what happened earlier?! Are you suffering from amnesia? You’re only 24 and it’s not possible that you already have Alzheimer? Do you hate me? You hate me so much because I always tease you on set. And the last time you told me to go away because you can’t concentrate? Is that how much you hate me? How much do you hate me then? That you want to forget what happened?

Shin Hye is startled because he was shouting… more like demanding and shouting.

Shin Hye: Oppa why are you like this?

Min Ho: Why am I like this?! I am going crazy because of you. I haven’t seen you in days and it seems like I miss you more than you are not here. I want to hug you when I saw you earlier. But you’re linking arms with Yong Hwa. You said I miss you so easily with Geun Suk. You're telling jokes on everyone. Being at ease with everyone but when you look at me you stopped and ask my why am I awkward? Do I really look awkward at the dinner? 

Shin Hye’s smile is showing. And I can’t understand why she can smile while I feel agitated.

She comes near me. Making me stop. She held my hand and made me calm.

 

Shin Hye: You don’t like me linking arms with Yong Hwa?

Min Ho: Deh.

Shin Hye: And saying I miss you to Geun Suk Oppa?

Min Ho: Deh!

Shin Hye: Why don’t you like it?

Min Ho: What do you mean why I don’t like it? Of course I don’t like it because I like you!

 

There he already said it. It’s out now.

 

Shin Hye is still smiling.

 

Shin Hye: Me too.

Is he hearing it correctly?

Min Ho: Shin Hye…

Shin Hye: I know I should not be saying this to you. I have been holding myself back for the longest time. And it’s a bit hard to keep this feeling in a box, too big to fit in a box.

Min Ho: Wae? You shouldn’t hold back.

Shin Hye: I should. Or else there will be a lot of things to be ruined. Actually, I am already contented that we treat each other really good now. We’re closer now unlike years before.

Min Ho: Wae? There’s nothing to be ruined.

He’s holding her in both shoulders. He wanted to hug her. He was smiling like a boy.

Min Ho: I have been holding back myself for the longest time too.

 

Shin Hye look up. When he suddenly hugged her, and she hugged him back. They were like that for minutes. His nervousness went away and he can smile like a child now. 

 

Shin Hye: Oppa, I should date you first before doing anything else.

Min Ho: Haha arasso. I want to know you more. What you like and what you don’t like.

Shin Hye: Deh. So i am giving you a chance to change your mind.

Min Ho: Anyi. I won’t change my mind.

Shin Hye: I hope so too.

Min Ho: What are you thinking about before doing anything else? Huh? Are you thinking something? Like?

Shin Hye: Ah… Eh… I mean before we got serious about this.

Min Ho: Aaahhh i thought... 

 

Shin Hye lightly smacked his shoulder.  

 

They were laughing and chatting non-stop and didn’t realize that it’s almost midnight. He wished time stop for them so he can stay, more time to talk to her; more time to spend with her.

 

Shin Hye: Oppa, I think you should be going now. It’s almost midnight.

Min Ho pouted but got up. He should not be asking for more, this is enough for now.  

 

Shin Hye: Don’t use that trick on me Oppa.

Min Ho: What trick?

He is eyeing her.

Shin Hye: That trick - the one you just pulled off.

Min Ho: Ireoke?

He pouted again.

Shin Hye: Oppa! Hajiman!

Min Ho: Wae?

Shin Hye: Tsss

Min Ho: Wae? You don’t like it? Childish?

Shin Hye: Just that… too cute.

Min Ho: Hahaha Sincha? I thought it’s really childish!

Shin Hye: Sometimes haha

 

Shin Hye went to the door with him. He was smiling like an idiot. He was looking at her before opening the door.

 

Min Ho: Komowo.

Shin Hye: Anyi. Komowo for taking me home Oppa.

Min Ho: Komowo for liking me too.

And he took her hand.

Min Ho: I promise you, I will not change my mind. It’s possible that you might change yours, but not mine.

Shin Hye just smiled.

Min Ho: Jal ja.

Shin Hye: Jal ja.