Sending a subtle message

When we say it's nothing every time... then there could be something...

Putting on a white shirt and blue jeans, picked up his jacket, gloves and hat. He drove there when his phone rang again, it was Choi Jin Hyuk Hyung…

 

Min Ho: Yobuseyo Hyung

Choi Jin Hyuk: Odiya? Are you on your way here?

Min Ho: Deh. 10 minutes and I’m there.

Choi Jin Hyuk: Kre. Woo Bin just arrived.

Min Ho: Deh. See you Hyung.

 

Choi Jin Hyuk, Kim Woo Bin, Kang Min Hyuk, Park Hyung Shik, Kang Ha Neul, Manager Choi, Manager Jung (the celebrant) and Yong Hwa is now sitting with the other staffs, it’s like 10-12 men in one long table. They are waiting for the food to be served when he arrived. Shin Hye is not in sight though. He’s seated between Kim Woo Bin and Choi Jin Hyuk.

 

Woo Bin: Next shooting is the day after tomorrow, right?

Choi Jin Hyuk: Deh. Good thing, I can play golf tomorrow to unwind. But, what’s taking Shin Hye so long?

Woo Bin: She said she left something in the shooting site.

Jin Huk: Woo Bin-ah that might be the lamest excuse I’ve heard. She might be picking up something for his manager.

Woo Bin: Ah sincha? Why didn’t she ask her staff to take care of it?

Choi Jin Hyuk: Aish this kid. Shin Hye maybe wants to pick it up personally? Manager Jung has been with her for maybe 10 years now. With that kind of loyalty of course she wants to get something for him.

 

And right then, he saw Yong Hwa picked up his phone and went outside. The waiters are now serving the food when they heard a female voice singing a Happy Birthday with a cake on her hand, Shin Hye is now walking towards them. Everyone started singing too and clapping. It’s a relief that there are only 6 other people dining in the restaurant. So they have somewhat private party.

Manager Jung: Aiy! Shin Hye! Kangsamnida!

Shin Hye: Oppa, Saengil Chuka Hamnida! Wish and blow your candle.

Manager Jung closes his eyes and blew the candle. Yong Hwa then gave him a paper bag.

Shin Hye: Oppa, this is just a small token for you to use.

 

Manager Jung: Wow!

Shin Hye: Happy birthday Oppa!

Manager Jung: Kamsamnida.

Shin Hye: Since you dropped your phone. It doesn’t have good reception. And your wife is pregnant now, so you should be contacted every time.

Manager Jung: Ah this kid. Thank you. I can never imagine that you will buy me this stuff!

Shin Hye: Haha Oppa I have money you know!

Manager Jung: Arasso! Just that I am your manager only.

Shin Hye: Manager only? You are a family to me.

Manager Jung: Aish! Seat! Eat now! Before we turn this to a dramatic scene.

 

Ah this girl… that’s one of the reason he was swept off his feet. She was always caring to the staffs especially to the crew that has to carry all the heavy equipment for the shooting scenes. When the weather is getting colder, she gifted the staffs with jackets and warmers.  

She seated on the chair in front of him, while Yong Hwa seated at the far end with Min Hyuk and Hyung Shik. She gave a shy smile

 

Shin Hye: Annyeong Oppa

 

He was staring. He knows he is staring.

She was in a white top and black skirt. Simple but chic.

 

Woo Bin: Shin Hye. Why didn’t you bought me phone when it was my birthday?

Shin Hye: Haha you are richer than me. Min Ho Oppa are you okay?

 

Is he still staring??

Min Ho: Ehrrm you’re late on your own Manager’s Birthday Party.

He has to be a little sensitive so that she can forget that he’s staring.

Shin Hye: I have to make an excuse because I don’t have time to buy it because he’s always with me.

Jin Hyuk: You did great. Let’s eat now.

 

When Kim Ji Won came in.

 

Kim Ji Won: I’m sorry I’m late.

Manager Jung: It’s okay. We’re just about to get started. Have a seat beside Shin Hye.

Kim Ji Won: Kamsamnida Oppa. HappY Birthday.

 

Shin Hye is signaling Ji Won to sit beside her.

 

Choi Jin Hyuk:  Oh I thought Shin Hye is going to be the only girl tonight?

Shin Hye: Oppa invited Ji Won last minute because he’s afraid that I will be the only girl here.

Min Ho: Krystal wanted to go though.

Shin Hye: Sssshhh don’t tell Krystal. This is so last minute.

 

At least he’s not the only one worried.

 

Ji Won: Unnie!

Shin Hye: Ji Won. Let’s eat.

 

He’s observing her. He’s glancing to her once in a while. She’s glancing to. Their eyes met when they both directs their chopsticks to the kimchi. She backed away and smiled at me. “Oppa, you are acting strange lately.” Shin Hye directs him.

Ji Won interjects “Wae? Did he not joke around anymore? Maybe he’s sick.”

Woo Bin laughed. “He’s not sick. He’s more of… sick of crying these days.”

They all laughed. He has to laugh too so it will not show. He has to laugh because he’s been staring and stealing glances at her because he hasn’t seen her for 4 days.

 

Jin Hyuk: You will have to bear with it Min Ho.

Min Ho just nod.

Shin Hye: Is it hard?

Min Ho looked up. He doesn’t know how to answer that. If she pertains on the crying scenes – no. It’s not that hard.

Min Ho: Sometimes. *dead air* because sometimes I have to think that you hurt me when I hurt you more.

Shin Hye: Oppa! Why are you so awkward today??

Ji Won: He’s playing you.

I am not – he wants to correct Ji Won. He just wants to send a message, subtle message.